Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87
    no you didnt its still going

Looks to me it ended on 4/11 which is today at 10:30 a.m. est.

I would have ordered too if I hadn`t put in 36 hours since Friday. Used up some products over the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, me too!

Is there any easy way to know when it comes? Like, if I sign up for their mailing list?

The only way I noticed it last time was I was playing with their web site and when I went to checkout, a message was on one of the checkout pages towards the top. Surely the only way to find out if it`s going on isn`t to start the checkout process is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just tried it right now 10:58 pacific time and its still showing as free. Added 75 worth of stuff, went to check out, put my zip in, still $0 for shipping..........

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate everyone`s enthusiasm. Kind of am getting a kick out of it now.... Especially Matt`s, whose comment I somehow missed the 1st time I read this thread. But, the needling urge to go spend some more money has past for the time being. Money really is tight right now, it`s probably best I missed that sale.

Thanks again for posting Matt. AutoGeek was one of the first shops I came across that I really noticed, and despite having spent way too much time looking at various prducts and comparison shopping, AutoGeek is still the go to site for me for car detailing supplies.

I am still interested, what`s the best way to keep up with sales at AutoGeek? Is it just check the site and hit the checkout button to see if there`s a sale? Maybe join some email list? But, I`m kind of afraid of joining an AutoGeek email list. Mike Phillips does not seem like the most subtle marketer there is. The way he plasters the AutoGeek name all over some of his products. And, it`s hilarious he`s giving away giant banners that have his store`s name all over them like that are "gifts" for spending over $500. But, I`m terribly finnicky about stuff like that. I won`t buy any clothing at all with logos on it. Most things I buy, I stay the hell away from any kind of logos. It just seems like advertising to me. And, I eagerly spread the word about services and products I like, but walking around with an advertisement for the product stuck on my shirt just seems tacky to me. Mike Phillips is my polar opposite when it comes to marketing. But, he has built a hell of a store. Anyway, I`m hesitant to join an AutoGeek mailing list because due to Mike Phillips enthusiasm for marketing, I`m afraid they`ll stuff my Inbox several times a month with a bunch of frivolous stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by levander
    Mike Phillips..has built a hell of a store. Anyway, I`m hesitant to join an AutoGeek mailing list because due to Mike Phillips enthusiasm for marketing...

Um...if Mike Phillips has enthusiasm for anything, it`s about training and helping people like you. Mike doesn`t own Autogeek, (that`s "Max"). Mike was recruited by Max last year from another company (where he became legendary for his hard work helping new users like you have success with detailing). Heck, it`s right in his signature ("Director of Training").

Post Thanks / Like

I am still interested, what`s the best way to keep up with sales at AutoGeek? Is it just check the site and hit the checkout button to see if there`s a sale? Maybe join some email list? But, I`m kind of afraid of joining an AutoGeek email list. Mike Phillips does not seem like the most subtle marketer there is. The way he plasters the AutoGeek name all over some of his products. And, it`s hilarious he`s giving away giant banners that have his store`s name all over them like that are "gifts" for spending over $500. But, I`m terribly finnicky about stuff like that. I won`t buy any clothing at all with logos on it. Most things I buy, I stay the hell away from any kind of logos. It just seems like advertising to me. And, I eagerly spread the word about services and products I like, but walking around with an advertisement for the product stuck on my shirt just seems tacky to me. Mike Phillips is my polar opposite when it comes to marketing. But, he has built a hell of a store. Anyway, I`m hesitant to join an AutoGeek mailing list because due to Mike Phillips enthusiasm for marketing, I`m afraid they`ll stuff my Inbox several times a month with a bunch of frivolous stuff...
    Man I dont know where the hell you been at but thats completely off base.

1st off mike phillips is not the owner of AG. Hes simply here to help and guide people. Ive never seen mike be pushy about anything. Recommendations/reviews are far different from pushing a product down our throat which is what you seem to be hinting at.

2nd, a free gift is just that, a FREE gift. Beggars cant be choosers. How can you complain about it, youre not paying extra for it.

Lastly autogeek does not spam up your mailbox with anything. I only get an email once a week maybe twice at the most. One email is the weekly VIP special the other email may be a sale they have going on.

Youre way off about Mike Phillips and AG. You should really think before posting next time. Its quite obvious who the owner of AG is when you can scroll to the bottom of the AG website and see it says "MAX CEO and FOUNDER of AG".

Mike is the polar opposite of what you described. Im sure many people here can say they have learned a ton from him. I dont think anyone here can say he has been a pushy salesman.

/end rant

Post Thanks / Like
    I won`t buy any clothing at all with logos on it. Most things I buy, I stay the hell away from any kind of logos. It just seems like advertising to me.

while this has nothing to do with AG, i am pretty much the same way (i like clothes that are clean looking with nothing on them). wearing clothes with a "F" or anything else is something i prefer not to do as i don`t want to be a walking advertisement, promote and be lumped in a particular crowd (why do it, does it make you look cooler or do you get profit shares from it?). back many years ago, i went through alot of my clothing and donated to goodwill...

Post Thanks / Like
    Recommendations/reviews are far different from pushing a product down our throat which is what you seem to be hinting at.

I wasn`t hinting at anything. I said what I meant, all be I wrong about Mike Phillips starting AutoGeek. And, nowhere did I suggest AutoGeek was ramming products down our throat.

2nd, a free gift is just that, a FREE gift. Beggars cant be choosers. How can you complain about it, youre not paying extra for it.

I was not complaining about it. Merely stating that I don`t like it.

Lastly autogeek does not spam up your mailbox with anything. I only get an email once a week maybe twice at the most. One email is the weekly VIP special the other email may be a sale they have going on.

Two emails a week sounds like a god awful lot to me. But, it`s not an uncommon approach towards email lists used for marketing purposes. Which is why I`m not on but a couple of them. And, those only go out once every couple of months.

Probably when personalization software on the web becomes more pervasive than it is today, it`ll be more common that web site proprietors will collect more data from the consumer so that he`ll only get emails as to what he`s specifically interested in. At which point I`ll probably be on more mailing lists.

You should really think before posting next time.

Maybe you should take your own advice?

In no way am I trying to make Mike Phillips into a polarizing figure in the online auto detailing community. From watching his videos, he has a few quirks that are different from my own, and seem a little funny to me. But, anyone who gets some exposure like Mike Phillips does is going to seem a little funny to somebody. And, I learned from the videos I`ve seen him in, so I`m glad he made them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Phillips created SPAM... most people don`t know, but before he was Mike Phillips. he was Sanford Wallace.

BTW, I love Autogeek, awesome service, great deals and if anything goes wrong, they go out of their way to fix it. And if its too much mail, perhaps you can create a mail filter and put it in a folder so you can find the deals when you need them....

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn`t hinting at anything. I said what I meant, all be I wrong about Mike Phillips starting AutoGeek. And, nowhere did I suggest AutoGeek was ramming products down our throat.

I was not complaining about it. Merely stating that I don`t like it.

Two emails a week sounds like a god awful lot to me. But, it`s not an uncommon approach towards email lists used for marketing purposes. Which is why I`m not on but a couple of them. And, those only go out once every couple of months.

Probably when personalization software on the web becomes more pervasive than it is today, it`ll be more common that web site proprietors will collect more data from the consumer so that he`ll only get emails as to what he`s specifically interested in. At which point I`ll probably be on more mailing lists.

Maybe you should take your own advice?

In no way am I trying to make Mike Phillips into a polarizing figure in the online auto detailing community. From watching his videos, he has a few quirks that are different from my own, and seem a little funny to me. But, anyone who gets some exposure like Mike Phillips does is going to seem a little funny to somebody. And, I learned from the videos I`ve seen him in, so I`m glad he made them.

OMG they send 1-2 emails a week and that is to show what the VIP special is for that week and if they have a special sale (usually includes free shipping and 10-15% off). If you don`t want it then don`t sign up for it (its the only way to get VIP specials). And what is the big deal if they want to send you something for free??? AG has one of if not the BEST customer service of any company out there.

You obviously don`t have a clue as to what you`re talking about so take Dsoto87`s advice and think before posting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1
    If you don`t want it then don`t sign up for it (its the only way to get VIP specials).

Somehow you didn`t get that from my previous post that I`m not signing up for it? :nono

Post Thanks / Like
    Somehow you didn`t get that from my previous post that I`m not signing up for it? :nono

Well you wanted to know "what`s the best way to keep up with sales at AutoGeek?" and signing up is the answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky

BTW, I love Autogeek, awesome service, great deals and if anything goes wrong, they go out of their way to fix it..

I can name more than one occassion where something has gone wrong and they did not go out of their way to fix it.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutter
    I can name more than one occassion where something has gone wrong and they did not go out of their way to fix it.

My last occassion - I PMed Meghan that my flex rotary was making weird noises. I think the same day one was shipped out to me with a return label in the box.

Something must be wrong on your end. I mean I am just a regular dude that places orders with them here and there.

I love your signature :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutter

Perhaps some folks need to hone their people skills? I got a free replacement for something I was unhappy with, I guess they could have sent two free replacements?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information