Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Focus2069
    not true.

its clearance for a reason...THEY WANT TO GET RID OF IT.

most stores have a "if your not satisfied with your service call <district manager>" sign up.

just call him right there in the store and tell him/her that they arent selling the clearance items to a customer, and want to keep them for themselves.

Hahaha I don`t think I have the guts to call in front of their faces. I`ll definitely go back to check if they indeed removed it. Mostly likely yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my score from store #3 last night. They started pulling the items off the shelves as I was shopping or I would have bought more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I know I will probably never need 9 wheel brushes but for a penny each who could pass that deal up.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`d think store employees would have a bit more morals since they`re employees who are supposed to be serving customers, doesn`t say very much for the CS at autozone. (Though its not surprising, I`ve found autosupply stores generally have employees with the worst manners out of all the stores I go to, even worse than Home depot and Lowes, etc)

This makes me a bit apprehensive going to AZs to check out prices, I dont feel like arguing and having to waste the energy to get stuff I dont really need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would the employees pull the merch when they find out it`s ringing up at a penny? One of the guys asked his associate to "get the gun" to check the prices and pull stuff. Another woman who described herself as the "parts manager" and asked me if I had any "questions or concerns" when I walked in said she had a "penny item table" right up there by the checkout. When she told me I need to buy one gallon of washer fluid for EACH penny item I wanted.

She also asked me if there were any more Cali dusters at .99. I said no, and that she might want to put the 5 wheel brushes and applicators that I was going to buy on the table with the other stuff. And that "Oh yeah, you have about 50 other things over there that belong on that table. But as parts manager, you already know that right?" She wasn`t happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    if AZ and their employees were doing there job, the stuff would of already been pulled. once they find out, then it becomes an issue and they probably tell the manager and then keep it for themselves...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`m never one to let a sleeping dog lie, so here`s the note I sent to AZ...

Comment : What is the "official" corporate policy on "penny items"?? These are items that ring up at one cent. I have been charged a penny at one store with no discussion, been charged a penny while the associate says that they`re clearance items that don`t belong on the shelf, and worst of all, been told that I must buy a gallon of washer fluid for each penny item I want to purchase. What`s the corporate line on this? Is it up to each store? Thanks, Jason

Here`s the response I got... actually a really good response in my book...

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing AutoZone. At this point we have no policy related to this type of offer. If you would be so kind as to provide us with the store number, or the street address, in which the store is located, we will immediately forward your comments to the regional management team in that area.

Thank you.

E-Customer Care Center

AutoZone Inc.

I don`t get it, is it, or is it not on clearance?? Do they or do they not want to sell them at a penny? Is it in fact a mistake? I sent a note back, and I`ll post any response I get.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you all finding this? Is there a clearance table? Or are the items on the shelves in their normal place and marked? Or unmarked?

Post Thanks / Like
    Normal place for me, both marked .99 with a yellow sale tag on the shelf, as well as marked regular price. The one place with no sale tags on any of the detailing stuff was where I scored the 5 clay kits and a pile of applicators.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sure didnt see any marked down detailing supplies of any sort at my AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to three Bronx area stores today and scored 8 Mr. Clean refills and another dozen applicator twin packs among other things. All one penny, no questions asked.

Post Thanks / Like
    DUDE!

these items that ring up as a penny are whats called throw away...

basically certain aisles or portions of aisles get redone with new line of

products and the old ones are thrown away.

however, if u arrive at correct time which no1 really knows because its usually random when they decide to pull up new products, you can definitely check out for items worth one penny. If the cashier gives you any problems insisting you must buy an additional item ( check out challenge of the month) simply reply by saying no thanks and threating to call the manager if you are not sold the part.

Post Thanks / Like
    The standard operating procedure for clearance items for a penny at Autozne is probably the same us at Advance when items go down to a nickel. By SOP we are supposed to take them out of inventory and destroy them. We are not supposed to sell this merchandise.

Now thats when it shows whether you care more about following rules or customer service. If I see something get rung up for a nickel I`ll say "Hey its your lucky day go grab up however many more you want!". Then when that customer leaves I`ll scan the floor for anything else on the floor and pull it. At that point I hate wasting merchandise, so I`ll send airfresheners and other doo dads to my garages to use for their buisness, offer it to other employees to purchase, and then try to hawk anything else out to regulars. At the end of the day whatevers not gone gets destroyed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information