Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Doh!

Well, not as good as a deal, but Advanced Auto has a lot of their Megs products on sale. Since the new Ultimate quik wax came out, they put their old quik wax 30% off. Same with the other products Megs just replaced with their Ultimate products.

Also, the NEW Megs car soap [wax and wax] is $5 off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hit a few stores in sw CT and one in Westchester county... and my wife hit one in NJ last night. The policy has varied from that will be 16 cents please, to just take them, they`re not supposed to even be on the floor because they`re clearance, to you must buy one gallon of washer fluid to take advantage of the penny items, to you must buy one gallon of washer fluid for EACH penny item.

The best was going into a store that didn`t have any 99 cent tags out at all and checking the price on the clay kit just for laughs. One penny marked down from $17.99. I took all five. By the last store, I was just taking the clay kits and applicators because I had enough of the other stuff for myself and gifts for two years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, thats because the washer fluid is the "item of the month" and their bonus is related to the amount they sale.

still a very fair deal for the consumer though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it`s not like I`m not going to use three gallons of washer fluid in the forseeable future. Best get is the .99 Cal Car Duster. I must say, it was two hours, three gallons of gas and $8.75 well spent. What`s up with that TINY piece of clay in the clay kits though??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiege
    I hit a few stores in sw CT and one in Westchester county... and my wife hit one in NJ last night. The policy has varied from that will be 16 cents please, to just take them, they`re not supposed to even be on the floor because they`re clearance, to you must buy one gallon of washer fluid to take advantage of the penny items, to you must buy one gallon of washer fluid for EACH penny item.

The best was going into a store that didn`t have any 99 cent tags out at all and checking the price on the clay kit just for laughs. One penny marked down from $17.99. I took all five. By the last store, I was just taking the clay kits and applicators because I had enough of the other stuff for myself and gifts for two years.

Yeah I heard that line about not supposed to be on the floor since they`re on clearance. That makes a whole lot of sense :think: . Also, the "there is a 2 item limit on clearance item" line. I didn`t want to waste effort arguing their silly policy. I know it`s their own last second policy so they can get their own share. One of the employee actually ran to the isle and grab a few clearance items themselves as the other employee was ringing my order. That and their look when the items rang for 1 cent is Priceless...:lol

Anyway, thanks to lasthope05 for trying the Nanowax and posting the pictures. I got a boatload of them. Wonder if anybody else tried the black magic. And yeah, the clay was tiny compared to what`s shown on the picture. Well, I guess it is only supposed to be 100 gr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiege
    Yeah, it`s not like I`m not going to use three gallons of washer fluid in the forseeable future. Best get is the .99 Cal Car Duster. I must say, it was two hours, three gallons of gas and $8.75 well spent. What`s up with that TINY piece of clay in the clay kits though??

I think it was TW way of saying "our liquid clay doesn`t work terrific, but it will reduce the amount of claying needed", plus they didn`t increase the price from the liquid clay to the clay kit so they didn`t want to really shoot themselves in the foot when for the same price someone can get Mother`s or Meg`s clay kit with wax, QD, MF and clay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i was working the other night and i saw the black magic liquid wax was only a dollar and then it rang up for a penny so i grabbed all of them and some black magic leather condit and some carpet cleaner all for a nickle haha... i also got the clay kit for 85 cents after my discount

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTwo
    Yeah I heard that line about not supposed to be on the floor since they`re on clearance. That makes a whole lot of sense :think: . Also, the "there is a 2 item limit on clearance item" line. I didn`t want to waste effort arguing their silly policy. I know it`s their own last second policy so they can get their own share. One of the employee actually ran to the isle and grab a few clearance items themselves as the other employee was ringing my order. That and their look when the items rang for 1 cent is Priceless...:lol

what I was told at one of the stores was its the managers discretion if they sell the items for a penny or not. the guy explained it has to do with when they restock and/or pull items it has to be in the system for some money (can`t be $0) and so they put $.01, then when people purchase the "item of the month" they throw the $.01 in as a bonus. typically its someone stupid like the tire brush or a MF or 2, but most of the items we were going after were $15+ items.

a dishonest person would buy a bunch of TW from autozone and take it to WM, who still sells the kit for $15, return using your license instead of a receipt...I would never but I know plenty of people who would....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Focus2069
    Lol, thats because the washer fluid is the "item of the month" and their bonus is related to the amount they sale.

still a very fair deal for the consumer though.

Not when its a made up policy. I hate when they try to sell their stupid item of the month thing, just one more reason I like rockauto.

Post Thanks / Like
    autozone is (for the most part) overpriced and is always late on getting new products (CD2 and clay magic are just about the only items i buy there). pepboys has a better selection of products overall than autozone/kragen...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IkeRay
    what I was told at one of the stores was its the managers discretion if they sell the items for a penny or not. the guy explained it has to do with when they restock and/or pull items it has to be in the system for some money (can`t be $0) and so they put $.01, then when people purchase the "item of the month" they throw the $.01 in as a bonus. typically its someone stupid like the tire brush or a MF or 2, but most of the items we were going after were $15+ items.

a dishonest person would buy a bunch of TW from autozone and take it to WM, who still sells the kit for $15, return using your license instead of a receipt...I would never but I know plenty of people who would....

hrm....:hm

Post Thanks / Like
    Some stores don`t let me have them. I went today near my school and the manager said we aren`t allowed to sell you this because the price is wrong. They were also pulling a lot of 1 cent items from the shelf. I think they hate me now LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ They were just keeping the clearance items for themselves instead once they found out about them through you. I managed to visit 6 stores, none had the clay kits because they were already sold, but I managed to get tons and tons of junk for under 50 cents.
    FinalFinish

Nashville,TN

Post Thanks / Like
    ^I wasn`t not about to get any clay kits too, but got other junks. I still think i didn`t get enough

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenbarb
    Some stores don`t let me have them. I went today near my school and the manager said we aren`t allowed to sell you this because the price is wrong. They were also pulling a lot of 1 cent items from the shelf. I think they hate me now LOL

not true.

its clearance for a reason...THEY WANT TO GET RID OF IT.

most stores have a "if your not satisfied with your service call <district manager>" sign up.

just call him right there in the store and tell him/her that they arent selling the clearance items to a customer, and want to keep them for themselves.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information