Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfelbab
    If applied it very thin I find it a breeze to work with...

Yeah, I think that the more familiar one is with #16 the easier it is to work with. Might not be worth the learning curve to some people I suppose.

I *REALLY* find it to be special when applied via machine, that "paste wax that turns liquid" thing. Done right, with a pseudo-spitshine, I get tiny, perfectly spherical beads, like little ball bearings that`re barely in contact with the paint.

As to looks, #16 seems to be more like a sealant in it`s non-darkening, glossy appearance and it seems to make metallics pop. On darker colors I prefer a carnauba`s darkening glow but as with all waxes, much of their appeal is personal preference.

And I even prefer other LSPs on some *light* colors. But for a bright, clear, reflective look #16 is hard to beat. Sorta like P21s with better beading and durability.

About the only thing I didn`t like about the product is that if waxing a dark colored car with rock chips it tends to dry white in the chips.

Yeah, it can do that on the silver Audi too, especially if I get it on a bit thick. And note that I`m normally the last person in the world to be guilty of thick application of LSP

What is really hard to argue with is the economics of the product. I routinely get 80 applications from one tin. A tin costs around $13 so that equates to around $ 0.16 a pop.

Wonder how many applications I get from a tin :think: I do know that one tin always lasts me at least a decade, no matter how many vehicles I do with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Yeah, I think that the more familiar one is with #16 the easier it is to work with. Might not be worth the learning curve to some people I suppose.

I *REALLY* find it to be special when applied via machine, that "paste wax that turns liquid" thing. Done right, with a pseudo-spitshine, I get tiny, perfectly spherical beads, like little ball bearings that`re barely in contact with the paint.

And I even prefer other LSPs on some *light* colors. But for a bright, clear, reflective look #16 is hard to beat. Sorta like P21s with better beading and durability.

Yeah, it can do that on the silver Audi too, especially if I get it on a bit thick. And note that I`m normally the last person in the world to be guilty of thick application of LSP

Wonder how many applications I get from a tin :think: I do know that one tin always lasts me at least a decade, no matter how many vehicles I do with it.

i apply it to three panels, go back to the start, buff off and repeat. when applied thin, it hazes/dries quicker and you get less dust in removal. this process works well IME...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

i apply it to three panels, go back to the start, buff off and repeat. this process works well IME...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think that #16 is in as short supply as some think. You can order it from ADS for the same (current) price as ebay: Meguiar`s M16 Paste Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    The main thing about this thread was an ebay seller was selling at about $3/tin with free shipping

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Candor
    The main thing about this thread was an ebay seller was selling at about $3/tin with free shipping

True.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then it was $12 free shipping, but now its gone up again. It seems the less she has the higher the price Still free shipping though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yal
    Then it was $12 free shipping, but now its gone up again. It seems the less she has the higher the price Still free shipping though!

Still $12 with free shipping

Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional Paste Wax:eBay Motors (item 230400701950 end time Nov-26-09 20:35:06 PST)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread Information