Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PorscheGuy997
    There are some batches of M16 that contain more solvent than others. I even have a few tins that have wax that is more of a purple shade.

The double burner trick is the easiest way to combine any excess solvent or return the wax to its original state. During the process of heating, a little of the solvent will evaporate. This will make the wax slightly harder. However, I have never had an issue with a wax that has been reheated.

The three cans I ordered are Purple inside. When doing the double boiler method you could really see the purple color. All other #16 cans obtained elsewhere are blue in color.

After double checking (just now) they have now turned more of a normal blue color.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s purple when melted. It turns to a baby purple when it`s all cooled.

Is it supposed to melt slightly when i swipe my finger across the wax? It turns to a very very thin layer of liquid.. then eventually turns back into a solid. My collinite 885 doesnt do it... or at least it takes a little more rubbing for it to turn liquidy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Man

It`s purple when melted. It turns to a baby purple when it`s all cooled.

Is it supposed to melt slightly when i swipe my finger across the wax? It turns to a very very thin layer of liquid.. then eventually turns back into a solid. My collinite 885 doesnt do it... or at least it takes a little more rubbing for it to turn liquidy.

That`s the way mine are. Turned purple, and are now blue.

The new cans of wax I received melt slightly when touched "after they cured" and so does an older can of #16. Looks like after the double boiler thing mine I had trouble with are normal..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Man
    Is it supposed to melt slightly when i swipe my finger across the wax? It turns to a very very thin layer of liquid.. then eventually turns back into a solid...

Yes, that`s normal. #16 is sometimes called "the paste wax that turns liquid" for just that reason. It`s one reason why a tiny bit can go a long way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my two tins yesterday. Both had the consitency of pudding when opened. I put one in the fridge and it seems ok, if not still a little soft today. I melted the other tin with just a little water and low heat in a sauce pan. Today the tin I melted looks perfect.

I was thinking of melting the other tin since it doesn`t look like it`s going to set back up on its own. Does melting the wax have any detrimental effects on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my tins the other day and were fine as I could tell. But you guys did give me an idea though.

Wonder what the best smelling paste wax is? Could pour some in an empty candle jar and put in on my wifes candle warmer to give the whole house a fresh waxed aroma. lol :waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swan
    Got my tins the other day and were fine as I could tell. But you guys did give me an idea though.

Wonder what the best smelling paste wax is? Could pour some in an empty candle jar and put in on my wifes candle warmer to give the whole house a fresh waxed aroma. lol :waxing:

dodo juice is prob the best smelling that i have used.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a problem with my lid, it won`t go back on tight. When I received it, it was nice and tight to the jar(had to pry open).

After I opened it up and inspected it the lid wont go back on tight and give a good seal (small gap).

Post Thanks / Like
    as long as you can get it almost on you will be good, just needs to be snapped in sometimes there will be a bit of a gap between the can and lid. Should not be able to insert a penny between the two though. Are both the lid and can cool/at the same temps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agpatel
    as long as you can get it almost on you will be good, just needs to be snapped in sometimes there will be a bit of a gap between the can and lid. Should not be able to insert a penny between the two though. Are both the lid and can cool/at the same temps?

Yes, both are at room temp. I don`t store my product in the fridge or boil it. Just opened to inspect and noticed the gap. No, I can`t fit a penny. Just not a tight seal. Just wanted to make sure it was safe and won`t dry out.

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as the lid is on most of the way and is seated all the way around it will not dry out. I think you will be fine. I know a few had issues after getting there and the tin was hot they could not get the lid on perfectly till it cooled down to room temp from being out in the sun during transport.

Post Thanks / Like
    any 1 in so cal want to buy a can or 2 off of me? Bought too many. Selling for 5 bucks each if you want to pick it up in OC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got mine today! looks like the stuff is NEW! blue and perfect, little pudding around the edges but its hot here I have it sitting in my airtight ammo cans in my bedroom.
    Canfield

03 Mini Cooper S- 900 Pure Silver

97 BMW ///M3 309 Arctic Silver Metallic

93 Mazda Rx-7 R1- J9 Competition Yellow Mica

Post Thanks / Like
    Used the #16 today on my darkish blue car, I really like it. Definitely LIGHT coats and dont let it cake on

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my two cans and they were a different color. One can looked like it was brown? the same can had less wax then the other...:grrr

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information