Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    cool! thanks for the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    it`s a hard wax, should be solid and not at all mushy/pudding like. it`s like that most likely because of the heat...

Ha Ha that is the answer to the exact question that I was just getting ready to ask. It does seem to be getting much more solid although it still seems to contain some liquid like wax. I got it this afternoon so I guess that I will recheck it tommorrow. How does it not turn to a liquid if most people keep it in their garage?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gungriffin
    Ha Ha that is the answer to the exact question that I was just getting ready to ask. It does seem to be getting much more solid although it still seems to contain some liquid like wax. I got it this afternoon so I guess that I will recheck it tommorrow. How does it not turn to a liquid if most people keep it in their garage?

if you keep it out of extreme hot or cold temps, you`ll be fine. make sure the lid is on tight and secure...

Post Thanks / Like
    agpatel, I take back what I said in my previous post..

My wax was still like pudding many hrs after. I guess I didn`t check it fully. It didn`t fully cure until today. I put it in the refrigerator overnight, and then it was like my other #16`s. I`ll see if it stays that way.

Before, It kind of reminded me of Turtle wax in its pudding consistency.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa1700
    agpatel, I take back what I said in my previous post..

My wax was still like pudding many hrs after. I guess I didn`t check it fully. It didn`t fully cure until today. I put it in the refrigerator overnight, and then it was like my other #16`s. I`ll see if it stays that way.

Before, It kind of reminded me of Turtle wax in its pudding consistency.

Thanks, I just got my 2ed tin and it was a big glop of a mess, about to melt it and let it cool for a few days. The other one set up nice but on the soft side, like I said kind of like butter/cool butter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just checked two of my tins. It`s still has the consistency of pudding basically. They look nothing like my other tins of #16 (solid). The tins are fully cooled with a little oil on top.. When I turn the tins on their side a bit the wax contents act like they are going to slide out of the tin.

JMO, but I don`t think they`ll ever be the consistency of my other #16`s. I guess I`ll see how it performs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa1700
    I just checked two of my tins. It`s still has the consistency of pudding basically. They look nothing like my other tins of #16 (solid). The tins are fully cooled with a little oil on top.. When I turn the tins on their side a bit the wax contents act like they are going to slide out of the tin.

JMO, but I don`t think they`ll ever be the consistency of my other #16`s. I guess I`ll see how it performs.

Did you try the double boiler method or are you just melting them in the sun?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie926
    Did you try the double boiler method or are you just melting them in the sun?

I just left two of them out in the sun for about 30 mins or so.. Then I just stirred them up and left them to dry/cure.

I wonder if the double boiler method would make a difference?

Post Thanks / Like
    I received two tins of #16. They both looked a little pudding like.

The good news is that the wax is fine. :woot2:

I used the new stuff to wax my car and it goes on and comes off just

like all the other #16 I`ve been using for over 40 years.

My advice would be to forget about remelting it and just use it. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the double boiler for both of mine, it got the wax mixed so that there is no oil just separated. But after 48 hrs it is not hard hard, still can push down into the pas and create a indention. But, oh well as long as it preforms I dont care much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Put it in the fridge, my 6 tins are perfect.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    Put it in the fridge, my 6 tins are perfect.

Mine were ok in the fridge until I took them out. Then they got mush like. I just did the double boiler method. I`ll see what happens in the next day or so.

I had a bunch of #16`s before I bought these. So if they don`t do well I`m covered.. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    When I did the double boiler, I completely melted the wax until it was 100% liquid. No paste, no pudding, nada. 100% liquid like you could have poured it into a mold at that point. Then I let it cool in the basement and it set up perfect.

I`m picturing that when you heated it in the sun maybe you only got it to the super creamy pudding state, stirred it up and then left it.

If you took it to the total liquid state like I did, and are still having problems with it, then I`m not sure what the difference is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie926
    When I did the double boiler, I completely melted the wax until it was 100% liquid. No paste, no pudding, nada. 100% liquid like you could have poured it into a mold at that point. Then I let it cool in the basement and it set up perfect.

I`m picturing that when you heated it in the sun maybe you only got it to the super creamy pudding state, stirred it up and then left it.

If you took it to the total liquid state like I did, and are still having problems with it, then I`m not sure what the difference is.

The sun method didn`t heat it up like the double boiler method did. I was just trying something different. lol

It was chunky when I stirred it up. It got hard in the fridge, (looked normal). However, after I took it out, and let it set for several hrs, it was oozing oil from the can. You could see air bubbles/oil seeping out the lid.

The double boiler method I did a little while ago took it to a liquid state. No lumps, no chunks just liquid. It`s cooling/curing now. I`ll see what it looks like in the morning. It should still work even if it`s not like it came from the factory. If it doesn`t work like it should.. No big deal. I have enough #16 to last me forever. lol

Update.. I can already tell a difference with it sitting for a couple of hrs. It`s not pudding like, and it doesn`t move/jiggle in the can like before.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are some batches of M16 that contain more solvent than others. I even have a few tins that have wax that is more of a purple shade.

The double burner trick is the easiest way to combine any excess solvent or return the wax to its original state. During the process of heating, a little of the solvent will evaporate. This will make the wax slightly harder. However, I have never had an issue with a wax that has been reheated.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information