Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news thanks for the heads up.

I just paid full price because I dont want to miss out again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXSE2kMT
    I`ve asked her if she would be relisting and this was her response:

Dear mjtobia,

Hi

Yes I will be relisting but not with free shipping because I have reaaly taken a lost by giving a reduce price.

Thanks

Karen

I`m surprised she didn`t think about this before selling 200 plus cans. :werd:

Post Thanks / Like
    I gladly would of paid shipping

I don`t think she had imagined taking such a big hit

Post Thanks / Like
    For those who might miss out on this auction. eShine has a limited supply available. It`s more per can than this eBay auction, but depending were you are, you might pick up savings in shipping costs. Here is the link:

eShine Canada: Meguiar`s #16 Professional Paste Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got 2 more!
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Got 3 of my 5 in the mail today, tins come in perfect with no discoloration.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    They come in good condition other than looking like pudding from the heat, but nothing a little cool down does not normally fix. Got my second tin and it has not hardened up yet....hmm....even put it in the fridge for a bit and did not get hard still a little on the soft side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCutlass
    If your M16 has separated though, the best thing to do is to heat it up. Fill a pot with water on your stove, set it to medium heat. Using pliers dip the tin in almost up to the top without allowing any water into the container. Allow the wax to heat until it is a liquid and stir. When the liquid is properly mixed again leave it to re-solidify. It`s like a double boiler set up. It works. :xyxthumbs

Thanks for the idea. I just happen to have a small pot that`s the perfect diameter for the tin to sit in with the lip of the tin resting on the top lip of the pot, making a perfect double boiler. I completely melted mine, stirred it thoroughly, and put it in a cool place to set back up. I`ll be interested to see how it looks after it cools.

Wonder if there`s any concern about ingredients separating or settling using this method?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie926
    Thanks for the idea. I just happen to have a small pot that`s the perfect diameter for the tin to sit in with the lip of the tin resting on the top lip of the pot, making a perfect double boiler. I completely melted mine, stirred it thoroughly, and put it in a cool place to set back up. I`ll be interested to see how it looks after it cools.

Wonder if there`s any concern about ingredients separating or settling using this method?

I let the wax cool slowly in my basement and this process worked PERFECT. My tin now looks like you`d expect if it came fresh from the factory. If your tin looks like watery pudding, as mine did, I can second the recommendation for the "double boiler" treatment. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the tip JimmyCutlass!!!

I`ve got 5 more tins on the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie926

Thanks for the tip JimmyCutlass!!!

No problem guys. I might as well pass along as much detailing knowledge as I`ve got (as I`ve soaked up quite a bit here).:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCutlass
    If your M16 has separated though, the best thing to do is to heat it up. Fill a pot with water on your stove, set it to medium heat. Using pliers dip the tin in almost up to the top without allowing any water into the container. Allow the wax to heat until it is a liquid and stir. When the liquid is properly mixed again leave it to re-solidify. It`s like a double boiler set up. It works. :xyxthumbs

Is there an official word on this not affecting it? Mine came in gooey and wet as well (so did my NXT2 to my surprise). I don`t want to double boiler it to find out that it will reduce its effectiveness or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XRL
    Is there an official word on this not affecting it? Mine came in gooey and wet as well (so did my NXT2 to my surprise). I don`t want to double boiler it to find out that it will reduce its effectiveness or something.

I PMd Mike Phillips to see if he could provide any insight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got impatient and did it anyways. I figured that if the wax can melt and make that weird form on its own I can do the same thing to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got mine today, looking forward to testing it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XRL
    I got impatient and did it anyways. I figured that if the wax can melt and make that weird form on its own I can do the same thing to it.

That`s what I figured. Didn`t see how it could make it worse than it was. Mine looks totally normal now, and it was a mess before I did the double boiler treatment.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information