wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buy a 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Platinum synthetic oil for $20 at WalMart and get a $15 WalMart giftcard after submitting the rebate form. Through August 31, 2009.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads-up. That`s what I`m using in the Tahoe right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I get the rebates?

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a great price.

I knew I was doing well when I snagged 4 cases of Pennzoil Platinum from Amazon for $3.99 each. That`s each case, not each quart. 24 quarts for $16 with free supersaver shipping. I took the last four cases. ($0.67 a quart )

My best Amazon score all year.

This 100% synthetic oil typically typically sells for over $6.50 a quart in auto stores. It is also highly regarded at BITOG (bobistheoilguy.com) forums. A 5 quart jug for $20 is a nice price and to sweeten the deal with a $15 gift card bring it down to a buck a quart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at Walmart last Friday to purchase and they did not have any rebate forms on the bottles...

Post Thanks / Like
    I still can`t believe anyone uses Pennzoil. There was a double blind test conducted in motor oil. It was between Castrol and Pennzoil.

After 100,000 miles the Pennzoil motors had 4-5 times the amount of sludge and build up that the Castrol motor had.

Pennzoil = crapola!
    03 Mustang GT

93 Opalescent Mark Viii

06 Navigator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger
    I still can`t believe anyone uses Pennzoil. There was a double blind test conducted in motor oil. It was between Castrol and Pennzoil.

After 100,000 miles the Pennzoil motors had 4-5 times the amount of sludge and build up that the Castrol motor had.

Pennzoil = crapola!

And when was this? I find it hard to believe that an API certified oil in 2009 will sludge an engine, especially a synthetic (group III IIRC, not the best syn, but it is a quality oil).

And four times the sludge in what volume? Don`t throw around what you hear with no link.
    :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like

Pennzoil = crapola!

Link to facts please.

If you are interested in facts, research the forums at BITOG.

For me, I trust the Blackstone Labs analysis and as a result use Pennzoil Platinum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AuAltima3.5
    And when was this? I find it hard to believe that an API certified oil in 2009 will sludge an engine, especially a synthetic (group III IIRC, not the best syn, but it is a quality oil).

And four times the sludge in what volume? Don`t throw around what you hear with no link.

Quote Originally Posted by jfelbab
    Link to facts please.

If you are interested in facts, research the forums at BITOG.

For me, I trust the Blackstone Labs analysis and as a result use Pennzoil Platinum.

I`m just kidding fools! :sign

We actually run Pennzoil in the F150. I do however run Castrol in my car. I just wanted to see if anyone here was going to jump on the Pennzoil hating bandwagon.

But really, why is it passed around that Pennzoil is sh*t? I thought they only had problems back in the 70`s when the crap came from Pennsylvania? Elaborate please. Im not the oil expert.
    03 Mustang GT

93 Opalescent Mark Viii

06 Navigator

Post Thanks / Like
    ...But really, why is it passed around that Pennzoil is sh*t? I thought they only had problems back in the 70`s when the crap came from Pennsylvania? Elaborate please. Im not the oil expert.
    Here is a thread on this very topic at BITOG.

Why Do People Hate On Pennzoil? - Bob Is The Oil Guy

I would encourage you to use the Blackstone Labs and have your oil tested at 5k, 7500k and 10k. Their analysis will likely open your eyes to OCI and quality. The kits are free and the analysis is around $23. If you really want to know what`s going on in your engine this is the only sure way.

Blackstone Laboratories

I change my oil now every 7,500 miles or 6 months. The oil is in very good shape at this interval and also at 10k but to maintain my warranty I change at 7,500 or 6 mos.

In my 91 MR2 I do a once a year oil change. I probably put about 250 miles in the MR2 a year as it is now a garage queen.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a smokin` deal on a great product. I`m fairly certain Pennzoil is offering another $15 rebate thru November 30th or something. I printed the form a day or two ago...nothing to do with Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like
    link to rebate form please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUN5TA
    link to rebate form please?

http://www.pennzoil.com/documents/04...ine%20form.pdf

Note that on BITOG there is a reference to a $15 gift card direct from WalMart. Haven`t been able to verify this but they claimed it is on the 5 quart oil jug in WalMart and it is good until the end of August. The Pennzoil rebate is good until the end of November. Might be worth checking out.

PS: I just got back from a WalMart visit where I looked over an endcap display of the Pennzoil Platinum 5 quart jugs. Each had a $15 WalMart gift card mail in rebate attached.

Based on this, you can spend $20 for the 5 quart jug and get two $15 rebates. One, a $15 gift card direct from WalMart and the other a $15 cash rebate direct from Pennzoil. Net cost - $10

The WalMart rebate expires the end of August so you need to act fast. The Pennzoil rebate is good through the end of November.

Thread Information