Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to give my fellow Autopians a heads-up on the CR Spotless system at Costco. I found this at my local Costco (Wilsonville, OR). They had 2 left.

Post Thanks / Like
    They must be blowing them out. Costo.com still shows 370

Post Thanks / Like
    It is slightly different then the system at Costco.com The one I got doesn`t include the "BONUS" items listed at Costco.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I never mentioned this deal because my local Costco never seemed to carry it. The only Costco I visited that carried it was at the new Costco location in Tustin, CA.

While cheaper than the website, it`s not the same package. Not long ago they also ran a $50 (now that I think of it, maybe $75 off?) rebate off the CRSpotless and when you factor in the cost of the extra resin cartridges you get with the website`s package, it came out to be a way better deal than the in-store price and package.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man! I`ve been wanting one of these.

I didn`t even know about the new Costco in Tustin. I guess I need to get out more.

If they were still offering $75 off on the online deal, then yeah it would pretty much be a wash (no pun intended). Without the offer though, the in-store deal looks very tempting.
    ~Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Banacheq
    Oh man! I`ve been wanting one of these.

I didn`t even know about the new Costco in Tustin. I guess I need to get out more.

It`s in that new big shopping center... which I can`t think of the name at the moment because I really don`t head out that way very often. The Whole Foods in Tustin also relocated to this new location.

Costco

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    I never mentioned this deal because my local Costco never seemed to carry it. The only Costco I visited that carried it was at the new Costco location in Tustin, CA.

While cheaper than the website, it`s not the same package. Not long ago they also ran a $50 (now that I think of it, maybe $75 off?) rebate off the CRSpotless and when you factor in the cost of the extra resin cartridges you get with the website`s package, it came out to be a way better deal than the in-store price and package.

The only thing that you get in addition via the website package is a set of resin refills (R2-20)$90, a cheap hose ~$25, and some quick disconnects ~$20. So, the in-store price is still a better deal. Plus, it makes the initial investment that much more tolerable. The online price is still a steal compared to anywhere else on the web. Buying the replacement resin via the 45# drum is still the most cost effective way to refill the system.

Since my water here is fairly low in TDS (~50-80ppm), I should get a lot of washes before I need a refill. :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnand
    The only thing that you get in addition via the website package is a set of resin refills (R2-20)$90, a cheap hose ~$25, and some quick disconnects ~$20. So, the in-store price is still a better deal. Plus, it makes the initial investment that much more tolerable. The online price is still a steal compared to anywhere else on the web. Buying the replacement resin via the 45# drum is still the most cost effective way to refill the system.

Since my water here is fairly low in TDS (~50-80ppm), I should get a lot of washes before I need a refill. :woot2:

it`s been a few months since I saw this item in-store and tried to calculate which was a better value and I remember the online price (despite costing more) coming out to be a better deal due to the extra refill cartridge.

Now that you`ve mentioned it though, I realize that I did not see this in-store for $200. It was closer to $275-$299 IIRC. So maybe they are clearancing this out like someone suggested?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    it`s been a few months since I saw this item in-store and tried to calculate which was a better value and I remember the online price (despite costing more) coming out to be a better deal due to the extra refill cartridge.

Now that you`ve mentioned it though, I realize that I did not see this in-store for $200. It was closer to $275-$299 IIRC. So maybe they are clearancing this out like someone suggested?

Correct, most were seeing the in-store price at $299. I was going to purchase the one online, but when I saw it in my local Costco for $199, I had to snatch it up. With the $100 price drop in the store, I too suspect they are clearancing.

Post Thanks / Like
    will this work with a pressure washer? i mean if put in front of? i am debating a system such as this or the tanks that de-ionize the water

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely.

This is listed as a requirement on the Costco site:

"Need to Restrict Water Flow to 4 Gallons Per Minute or Less with Supplied Nozzle on FLAT Pattern or Optional Pressure Washer."
    ~Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Banacheq
    Absolutely.

This is listed as a requirement on the Costco site:

"Need to Restrict Water Flow to 4 Gallons Per Minute or Less with Supplied Nozzle on FLAT Pattern or Optional Pressure Washer."

hmm for $199.97 it might be worth it to use with the foam cannon

Post Thanks / Like
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Thread Information