Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3

My GOD that`s a lot of water to use. :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    NO matter *how* many of these thread I read, I still think "huh.." about all the different ways people use the foamgun :think: For me, it`s still all about providing constant flushing and lubrication at the point of contact between my wash medium and the paint. I might do a little presoaking, but it`s not the primarly function of the foamgun for me.

I just wash one panel at a time, first with the BHB/foamgun and (after rinsing) again with a mitt/foamgun. I can get away with not rinsing out the BHB if I`m doing a relatively clean vehicle as the foamgun keeps it flushed clean, but I still rinse the mitts several times per panel as the mitts don`t rinse clean the way the BHBs do.

I still fill the mitts with shampoo mix and hold them shut at the cuff so the shampoo seeps out while I`m washing.

Regarding the bottle size, with my wash technique the larger bottle would be a major PIA, and I`d bump the car with it.

I`m currently using about 6 oz. of Griot`s Car Wash per gallon of water, and for me the middle setting on the foamgun is *easily* strong enough; I still do most of my washing with the two settings that`re milder than that.

Post Thanks / Like
    in what department would one find the simple green or butchers at? also home hardware, depot canadian tire even?

cory
    2000 silver GT mustang..selling

2004 odyssey eXL-res- silver

2005 accord EXL- silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77
    in what department would one find the simple green or butchers at? also home hardware, depot canadian tire even?

cory

i have yet to see them available to purchase OTC, but i did purchase my butchers foam gun (made by gilmour) at my nearest waxie store... WAXIE Sanitary Supply (it would be cheaper to purchase a gilmour online as i paid quite a bit for my butchers years ago)...

Post Thanks / Like
    out of stock "SUCK"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77

cory
    I haven`t seen the Simple Green version around for a while. The only reason I bought one several years ago was because it was cheaper, but now the Amazon price blows away what I paid back in `04.

Quote Originally Posted by superior_detail
    out of stock "SUCK"
    Are you talking about the 75QGF4?

Amazon.com: Gilmour Foamaster Cleaning Gun #75QGF4: Home Improvement

The Gilmour foam guns on Amazon are a great buy but very confusing unless you know exactly what to look for. The 75QGF4 has a fixed ratio of 4 ounces per gallon (non-adjustable). The better choice, which currently is in stock, is the 75QGFMR which has a slider to adjust your mix ratio:

Amazon.com: Gilmour Foamaster Adjustable Multi Ratio Cleaning Gun #75QGFMR: Home Improvement

If you`re looking for a FoamasterII (all plastic model) the adjustable one is the 95QGFMR:

Amazon.com: Gilmour Foamaster II Cleaning #95QGFMR: Home Improvement

The Amazon confusion comes in part because on the brass version they use the same picture for both the adjustable and non-adjustable models.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow very nice. Definitely going to have to get one of these. You cant beat the price. Thanks for all the great info!

Post Thanks / Like
    i forget to mention with waxie, here`s the link (still cheaper with the links Eliot Ness provided)... Butchers Shower Foam Gun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenney
    Is this one any better? It is the same price.

Amazon.com: Gilmour Foamaster II Cleaning, #95QGFMR: Home Improvement

That`s the one I picked up a couple of months ago, works great! The reservoir is smaller than what the online boutiques are peddling at twice the price but it`s plenty for foaming a single vehicle.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by superior_detail
    out of stock "SUCK"

It`s in stock now @ 32.74.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blk45
    It`s in stock now @ 32.74.
    I think it`s worth noting again that the $32.74 gun is not adjustable, it is set at 4 oz. per gallon.

For about $5 more you can get the 75QGFMR that is adjustable to 1, 2, 4, 6, or 12 oz. per gallon.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell
    That`s the one I picked up a couple of months ago, works great! The reservoir is smaller than what the online boutiques are peddling at twice the price but it`s plenty for foaming a single vehicle..

If you use foamgun techniques like mine, the smaller bottle is an *advantage* as it`s easier to avoid bumping the vehicle with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    I think it`s worth noting again that the $32.74 gun is not adjustable, it is set at 4 oz. per gallon.

For about $5 more you can get the 75QGFMR that is adjustable to 1, 2, 4, 6, or 12 oz. per gallon.

Great point. I didn`t even pay attention. I was just letting him know it was back in stock. I think it`s worthwhile to spend the money for the adjustable one as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness

thanks for the info .. i ended up getting the adjustable 75qgfmr .. hopefully the plastic fittings will hold up

Post Thanks / Like
    does amazon ship to canada?? or anyone for that matter with this gun.. eshine has it for like $75...not big on that

phats
    2000 silver GT mustang..selling

2004 odyssey eXL-res- silver

2005 accord EXL- silver

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information