Post Thanks / Like
    I know not many people are fans here of Karcher or electric washers, but I was just at Home Depot and saw they had a 1800 psi Karcher that was like half off. I think it was originally $188, and was on sale for I like $89.

Post Thanks / Like
    In Big Lots they had the 1500psi electric model (Factory Reconditioned) for $65.00. This is a OK washer when you only have a small amount to spend. However, many people here have complained about only getting a year or two out of them. For this price though you could probably by two and still come out ahead over the next four to five years.

Post Thanks / Like
    great find. i need to check this out.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got one about 4 yrs ago and still using it. Cost me 89.00 dollars..........
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    My father still has his...it`s a different model but it`s been over 6years.
    "...whoever CLEANSES himself from the unclean... be a vessel for honorable and noble purposes…” (II Timothy 2:21). :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well with the price being so low I was thinking about going with Karcher so that I could get a Foam Canon Setup. I think that I will just stick with my foam gun for now until I can save up enough coin for the CAM Spray 1500psi electric ($595) and Cam-Spray Foamer

Thanks SuperBee364 and maxpsi for all the research.

References

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detaili...t=Karcher+Foam

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detaili...hers+Cam+Spray

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Karcher electric PW. Its still going strong after 4-5 years now. For the price of $99 it can`t be beat. Granted its not used everyday and doesn`t get abused. For the amount of work it gets and the price the electric Karchers are a great buy.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    i have had a 1,400 for about 10-12 years now. its perfect for the small jobs.

Post Thanks / Like
    i anyone decides to purchase anything at big lots, do it this sunday and use this 20% coupon which is good for everything in the store...

Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest problem with the Karcher (and many other electric pressure washers) is the cheap plastic pump). I got this from a guy who works for a company that repairs these types of things.

When the pump goes the machine starts to "cycle" (shut on and off repeatedly when the trigger isn`t being held in or other things.

I took mine apart last year and brought the parts to repair it ($18.00 USD plus shipping) and while that wasn`t all that hard, just last week the same thing happened again. I think cause I left it out in the garage overnight and brother it was cold.

On the other hand for $65 smackers and if all your doing is washing a few cars with it I say go for it. Just take care of it and like others said don`t beat on it and it should last you for awhile.

I just brought a Bissell Spot Bot and Proheat 2X (both at about 1/2 off and reconditioned) and didn`t see no Karcher Pressure washers.

I suppose I`ll just order the kit and repair this one again. Till I can pony up for a real pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like
    $18 for a rebuild kit? I have a gas powered Karcher and the rebuild kit cost $65. A complete pump is not available. The unit was about $200 new. You get what you pay for, the low end Karchers aren`t that durable.
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    That 18 bucks only covers the actual plastic pump and a couple of other small parts. It`s sold as a "spare parts" kit. Point it fact you can buy parts for the entire machine if you wanted.

Like I was saying though, that guy who works at the repair place where I buy the parts from told me that since the Big Box stores started selling these machines, the quality went down as big box stores don`t want to pay a lot for them in the first place. So where in agreement there.

I think it all boils down to what your buying it for. Most any stuff sold today no matter what it is isn`t really well made anymore unless you spend up.

Thread Information