Post Thanks / Like
    Wife says daughter is too young, can`t find the receipt.

Brand New Sealed. Taking offers.

Post Thanks / Like
    How young?? They have a lot of games that are really for all ages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never to young...even this toddler loves the wii lol

YouTube - Baby laughing at the Wii

This kid is pretty good at the end ...

YouTube - Wee Wii Mii - 22-month old video gamer
    -Dustin

Check out my cars progress from beginning to end...

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...ining-end.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Open it up and start playing, it`s really great for all ages.

Post Thanks / Like
    How much are you looking for it? I may be interested...

Thanks

-Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually got a Wii the other day too while shopping at Costco. I know how high the demand is for it so I picked one up to possibly fleabay or keep but as hard as it is to get one, people don`t seem to want to pay much for it. The same thing happened with Rock Band. There really hasn`t been any toy or game this season that people have been able to profit from, not even TMX Elmo Extra Special Edition. IMO, that`s a bad sign of things to come for our economy. My predictions is that 2008 is going to be a VERY tough year for many people.

As far as the Wii, I only considered keeping it because my 80 year old father-in-law does nothing but sit and watch Law & Order all day (sometimes the same episode back to back) so his dementia has kicked in very suddenly. I thought it would be a good and fun way for him to move around a bit and keep his mind active besides watching TV, but to be honest, there`s a truth to the saying that you can`t teach an old dog new tricks and while this doesn`t apply to all elderly people, for my father-in-law it does.

I actually already have a copy of Mario Galaxy if I do decide to keep it, but besides that game, there`s not a single game on the Wii that interests me whatsoever. I felt I got burned on the N64 and I don`t want the same thing to happen twice. Last Xmas, I had a chance to play Wii sports with my cousins and it was pretty fun, but I have a feeling I will quickly get bored from it.

I just wish Nintendo wouldn`t give Shigeru Miyamoto so much say within the company. That`s great that he wants to make kiddie games, but for the past 20 years Nintendo has spent all their time and money branding themselves only to forget about the core demographic that launched them in the first place. I`m 27 now and I don`t have the same taste as the little 5 year old boy in 1985 that got his NES on Xmas day and played Mario Bros for the first time.

I`m not a fanboy with loser friends to play kiddie games with. I actually have adult friends who want fun, adult games like Karaoke Revolution or Rock Band. That`s fun for the whole family! I couldn`t ever imagine myself calling over my buddies and asking if they want to get their *** whooped by Yoshi on Smash Bros or Mario Kart. People grow up and change and Nintendo you need to do the same!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    IMO, that`s a bad sign of things to come for our economy. My predictions is that 2008 is going to be a VERY tough year for many people.

hopefully, things will change when we have our new president...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    hopefully, things will change when we have our new president...

Let`s hope and pray because I don`t think we`ve seen the worse yet (economy-wise). It`s going to be a very tough uphill battle for the Republican party IMO.

BTW Al, I wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday! I hope Santa brings you that Flex you`ve been wanting. Take care man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s hope and pray because I don`t think we`ve seen the worse yet (economy-wise).

yes, let`s hope...

BTW Al, I wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday! I hope Santa brings you that Flex you`ve been wanting. Take care man!

same to you, thanks buddy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, 2008 looks like it`s going to be the best year yet by far for me and my family economically. As for the current problems in the economy, it mostly has its roots in the housing bubble bursting and the subprime credit crunch. Also keep in mind that it`s not just a Republican issue by any means, considering that Democrats control the House and Senate. A number of people trace the problems back to Greenspan`s policy of keeping the interest rate at the bottom of the bucket for an extended period of time. And looking forward to our next president, I see one candidate who has a much stronger financial track record than anyone else out there and he happens to be a Republican; Romney. With what he did with the deficit in MA and his turnaround of the SLC Olympics, not to mention his extensive record in the private industry, I don`t see anyone else running who can hold a candle to him in that area. He`s been accused of being a flip-flopper, but the only area where he`s really shifted is the abortion/stem cell arena and he made that change years before he ran for president. So many people criticize our current president (including me on a lot of issues) for not being willing to change, but when someone else does it and lays out distinct reasons for doing so, he`s attacked for making that change.

Now as for game consoles, I`ve been toying with the idea for awhile now about getting a new one. It`s a dead heat between a PS3 and a Wii. If they had BluRay it would be no contest. I like a lot of what I see about the Wii, but I`m also thinking about getting a BluRay player and I don`t see any sense in paying for a seperate one when for a few bucks more you can have one in a PS3. And I don`t see any reason to by 2 new consoles at this point. I don`t consider myself a gamer really, but I have 3 teenagers in the house and I do like to dink around myself sometimes. Fortunately, I`m not trying to buy one in the middle of this xmas madness. With 3 kids a game console will be a family thing, not a present for any one kid, so it`s not fodder for a present right now and I can wait until the market settles down a little. No doubt there are people willing to pay a premium for a Wii this time of year, but not me. My "play" budget is pretty well tapped out at the moment from what I`ve bought for the holidays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you still have the Wii? If so, PM me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status update...??

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. It is/was sold. buddy had a buddy who wanted it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, glad it went where it was needed.

Thread Information