Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The flex can be reserved again. Right now they`re offering a 15% discount (MAX2007) and free shipping. No tax for me in CA. Total was ~$238. The $10 gift certificate for previous order will probably apply (will check tomorrow) as well making it ~227. Recently autogeek offered 15% off but shipping was around $23. Hope someone will enjoy the info. Biggest downside is the wait until Feb. I`m ok with it.

Has anyone found this cheaper on any other website? The only other deal I can imagine being better is a discount on a gift card. Then using the gift card during another promotion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy sh!t, I haven`t seen anywhere else that cheap. If anyone is on the fence about the Flex, then this should help make up their mind. As so many others have stated, you will not regret it.
    Club FLEX X 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought one with the 15% coupon and free shipping for a total of $237.99.

I`m home sick with the stomach flu so this is my get well present to myself!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap! Spilchy you`re going to have to show me that thing if I don`t buy one myself for that deal!

Post Thanks / Like
    i didn`t order the flex, but did place an order for other items. i called them and they said i could only use the 15% discount code or the $10 certificate of appreciation, not both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this product that much better than the Mikita? Its heavier, costs more, and does not have low RPM. What am I missing?

Autogeek you get 15% + free shipping right now till the 25th.
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your confusing polishers Greg.

The Flex XC3401 is a forced rotation RO polisher, Flex also makes a proper rotary LK603(actually they make a few different rotary models).

The polisher which is "all the buzz" now is the XC3401. I haven`t really heard anything about the Flex rotary polishers. I know DJ_JonnyV recently purchased one of their rotary polishers, I believe it`s one of their older models. But last I heard he`s loving his XC3401 and hasn`t even had time to try out the rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I`ve been a little wimpy about trying out my Flex rotary. I basically have everything I would need to use it (BP, pads, polishes, etc.), but the 3401 just makes it so easy and effective and usually when doing customers` cars, I like to stick with what I know. I guess I could try it out on my A6 (it`s 6 years old). There`s also another detailer here in St. Louis that I might try to hook up with who has a lot of rotary experience for a polishing and beer session!
    Club FLEX X 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JonnyV
    for a polishing and beer session!

just make sure not to buff the car while you`ve been drinking, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    BABABOOEY: ANother Stern fan!!!:chuckle: Listening to the Life of Howard?

Anyway, I got to try this damn thing that everyone was raving about at another shop.

Holy crap! Big difference more like a PC can`t hold a candle to this thing when it comes to real correction and finish work. Not bad balance, but arms get tired quickly.

I also go to try the Festool, which is a great tool, smaller, light but built very well. My friend uses the Festool for final workouts on finishes instead of the rotary and soft pads. He can get into tight areas and can really do some impressive work with that tool.

Both have a use. I`ll get a Flex one day when I get tired of the rotary. I may get a Festool also. It`s nice to have the right tools.

I`d like to know how well the Flex holds out in time, but from what my friend said, it`s built well, it`s German, and sees no issues for the future. It`s been banged around, dropped and who knows what else. He`s the one that coined the phrase: This is the Porsche of DA type polishers.

Enjoy the Flex.. post pics when availble.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanski
    BABABOOEY: ANother Stern fan!!!:chuckle: Listening to the Life of Howard?

Deanski

I`ve been addicted for ~10 yrs. I have an accumulated a huge archive of his radio, E! shows, pay-per-view, and OnDemand shows. As far as entertainment, life would be dull without him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bababooey
    I`ve been addicted for ~10 yrs. I have an accumulated a huge archive of his radio, E! shows, pay-per-view, and OnDemand shows. As far as entertainment, life would be dull without him.

Ah, but the Holy Grail is the WWOR Channel 9 shows out of Secaucus, NJ dating back to the early 90`s. Only those from NY/NJ would know about these. My friends and I would watch them on (if I remember) Saturday nights. They were insane.

Here is a clip on You Tube where you can find tons of clips:

YouTube - Howard Stern invades set

Also, if you collect Stern routines, you have to hunt out the video he put out years ago titled "Butt Bongo Fiesta." That was one of the best videos ever.

Amazon.com: Butt Bongo Fiesta: Video
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Ah, but the Holy Grail is the WWOR Channel 9 shows out of Secaucus, NJ dating back to the early 90`s. Only those from NY/NJ would know about these. My friends and I would watch them on (if I remember) Saturday nights. They were insane.

Also, if you collect Stern routines, you have to hunt out the video he put out years ago titled "Butt Bongo Fiesta." That was one of the best videos ever.

Agree - I lived in New York back then. That video made me laugh so hard!

I loved the channel 9 stuff as well.

I met Gary once in the store I worked at.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice deal, I just ordered one since I was considering one before and this seems like the best deal. Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    any other deals going on for the FLEX??? you guys have links!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information