Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    The two CarQuest`s in my area had most of the DG line. No #105.

Some new looking, some old looking boxes likes it`s been there for a few years.

Asked the Counter guy if he could order it and he said the only warehouse having it wss in memphis..

So I guess I`ll order 105 online.

I still have #111 sitting in my tote to try out this year with the pba.

I own the leather products and like them as well.

The two Napa`s had none of the DG line.

But they did have some of the new 3M products.

I eneded up picking up 2 small bottles of the DG wash ( luv it ). one for me and one for my FIL.

And another bottle of AW.

Reeeko99, 13 Subaru Legacy Sport White, 15 Subaru Outback Premium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    gadsan, which CQ did u go to? I`m gonna make a trip out to the one in Westminster. This will be my first time at a CQ. I hardly see any around here.
    I use the CQ in Orange off of Collins. I called on them on Thursday and they didn`t have any in stock, but they had it transferred from a warehouse in just a day. If they don`t have it, just ask for Heather and she`ll get it for you.

Heather says CQ will soon be handling more Duragloss products and their office will have a much larger stock in 30 to 60 days. I`ve bought TPP, AW, FCS and their car wash soap by the gallon from them.

The only place I found DG products cheaper was from AG when they had their 25% off gift certificate sale and I loaded up on AW for under $20 / gallon including shipping & tax :woot:

If by chance you use Edge pads (wool or foam) and need a good deal locally in the OC, send me a PM and I`ll give you more info.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info Gadsan. I might hit up the Orange store if the Westminster can`t help me out.

EDIT:

I tried hitting the Signal Hill and Westminster location. Now I realize why I`ve never noticed Carquests around here. It seems like they cater more to auto repair shops because each location I`ve been to I saw quite a few delivery trucks parked there. They`re not open retail hours and both places I went to were almost hidden from view, especially the Signal Hill location. Unless you looked up this location, there was no way I would ever have seen this place as it`s hidden in a business park area.

I don`t think they operate on Sunday either because both places I went to were closed, so I decided to forget about going to the location in Orange. I don`t know if it`s worth the hassle for me to drive out there again especially since their hours are so weird.

Come on Duragloss, you need to hire better people to market your products. You have excellent products waiting for the general public to discover and love, yet the best place you can sell this OTC is Carquest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT

Come on Duragloss, you need to hire better people to market your products. You have excellent products waiting for the general public to discover and love, yet the best place you can sell this OTC is Carquest?

I agree with their distribution coverage. I think they have had an old school partnership with CQ for many years and were relatively satisfied with their coverage and distribution (before they experienced the rapid growth in popularity). With recent offerings, they need to distribute to AutoZone, O`Reilly, or Advance Auto, as CQ is just too spotty it seems. While I have had no problems finding their products at the local CQ, others certainly have reported problems. With such a fantastic product offering, they could easily go head to head with Meguiar`s, Mother`s, TW, or any other OTC product. In fact, I think DG is head and shoulders above most OTC products and on par with the "premiums." Of course, it`s difficult as a consumer to know the full story at DG. Maybe they don`t have the production capacity to sell at major chains, or maybe they would lose quality control, etc... Who knows... What is known, is that their products work very very well, and are like diamonds in the rough when found locally. Even if you can`t get them where you live, the flat shipping from the DG website is more than reasonable IMO, when compared to Zaino or other e-tailers.

From my local CQ I get the gallon size CWC, AW and 105 with no problems. They also stock much of DG`s other products that I really like, i.e. leather cleaner and conditioner, Vinyl and Mat dressing, Fast Clean and Shine QD, etc...
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the headsup, I bought two bottles today

Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up the last two bottles of AW from a Vans/Carquest(?!?!) here for 4.99 even though I had one coming from autogeek . I saw most of the duragloss lineup except for 105, they said they couldn`t get it and didnt know why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny I am seeing this thread. I went to CarQuest today to get my friend some detailing clay and saw their DG line on sale.

Unfortunately no 1 gallon bottles of car wash stuff, but I might go back tomorrow and pick up a few things.

http://www.carquest.com/promotions/07_Spring_CCS.pdf

Apparantly the sale goes on until the end of May!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet! I should pick up some DG 901 and hopefully I can find some 105. Aquawax sounds good too. I thought DG 901 was great for 4.70 something, but 3.49 sounds better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck finding the 105. There`s none around KC, and none in the warehouse. I was in Lincoln, NE this past weekend. None there either

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope there`s luck in Southern California for 105!

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in a CarQuest in the Buffalo, NY area last Wednesday and asked the clerk if they had 105. He looked in the computer and said that corporate had it and he wasn`t sure why they didn`t have it. He believed they would have it in before too long. I did see just about every other product they had and noticed they had PBA and some dusty boxes of 111. Picked up some soap and debated on the AW. Since the sale is on until the end of May hopefully will be back down to get some.
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been meaning to stop at a carquest near me since I`ve yet to be there.

Stopped in about an hour ago and picked up the following DG products (hidden gem IMO):

2 bottles of AW

bottle of 371 oder elimator (great stuff)

bottle of #101 AIO polish (free sample bottle of 201 vinyl dressing)

#652 Pre-Cleanser (I needed a cheaper paint cleanser than Klasse)

#271 black trim/molding dressing (was looking for something more of a dye than 303)

All this for $35.

Post Thanks / Like
    The CarQuest stores in MA aren`t really CarQuest stores. We can`t get the product line thru them. However, Federated does appear to have some products assuming you can find one of their few stores.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, does Carquest even distribute acorss NH or MA area? I called 3 of the carquest stores around NH, none of them carry DG products. SO frustrated!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information