Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks to our Brooklyn brothers. I printed the receipt on page 3 of this thread. My store had 12 of the PC 7336`s at $109. At the customer service counter, I showed the copy of the receipts from the Brooklyn store and they winced . The clerk called the manager for a price override authorization and matched the price. They key thing was being polite, and asking them if they could do a "price match". That`s the key phrase. I live in San Diego, so they could give a bigger hoot what the Lowes does in Brooklyn. But my understanding is a Lowes is a Lowes, and there has to be a customer policy on price matching. Thanks again.. I now have a backup to my 7424.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou
    i`m bringing the recipt printouts from here;

"Stores in 2 different states have this price, why dont you???" ;p
    Better approach would be, like Sergei pointed out, if they give you "out of area" reason politely using "Lowe`s is a Lowe`s, prices on tools should be same nationwide within Lowe`s, so all we are doing is price matching within Lowe`s, not Lowe`s with Home Depot on the other side of nation". That`s what helped me. It also helped me I had a copy of another receipt that was in California. But what helps most is if you are dealing with reasonable person whose mood is OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergei
    I now have a backup to my 7424.
    And I have a backup on my backup

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    And I have a backup on my backup
    Yeah baby, a backup for $47.60. That is the deal of the year!!!!! If I can just describe to you that look at customer service. They knew I had them. And they knew, this guy (me) just got a deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crap just paid $160 for one at graingers, they Lowe`s doesn`t even carry it in Florida, I wonder if they`ll order it for that price.
    Hooked on Duragloss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergei
    If I can just describe to you that look at customer service
    I can only imagine it. Body language of guy that I talked with indicated that his "this is out of area" attempt is something he just has to do as part of his job description but that this might not be anything new to him. So he did what he had to do and I did what I had to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still can`t get over this deal... $47.60???? This is a no-brainer. I compared my existing 7424 to the 733SP from Lowes. Only difference is the 6" CW, a Sanding Pad (which is like the backing plate) and some sanding disks. Everthing else is the same. Even the user manual. I did download the parts diagram and user manual pdf from the Porter Cable site. Anyone know the difference between type 1 and type 2? There were 7424 type 1 and type 2 manuals and 7336 type 1 and type 2. I briefly looked at the parts diagram and I was not able to find the difference. (older model vs. newer??)

Post Thanks / Like
    "Brooklyn brothers."

Being one of them... I was very happy I found this thread and I`m also Happy I could help by posting my recipt.

Some things need to be taken avantage of
    Rob.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbasso
    "Brooklyn brothers."

Being one of them... I was very happy I found this thread and I`m also Happy I could help by posting my recipt.

Some things need to be taken avantage of

I humbly bow to the direction of Brooklyn... thank you so much, Rob! I have been trying to crack the code of getting the PC at Lowes at the sales price, only to be turned away by comments like; "it`s not on sale at this store" or "it must be the price on the internet". That (your) receipt broke their back -page 3 folks. Thanks so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool!

Now here is a question that might be tough to answer. (while we are the PC good deal kick)

Porter Cable 7428 Circular Polisher, Can they be had for cheap like we got luck on the 7336?
    Rob.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the Chicagoland area with no luck, they checked the computer for me and none of them have any in stock. If anyone would be willing to pick up one or more for us on the forums it would be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could help you out.

PM me tomorrow (later in the day) and We could figure out the details on getting you one.
    Rob.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good question on the 7428 - great minds think a like. On the rotary`s, everybody has been talking about the Makita or the DeWalt. The 7428 hardly comes up. I also see that ProperAutocare.com discontinued selling the 7428 in 02/2006 due to customer complaints. Anyone know what that was all about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back from Lowe`s, where with the help of the NYC receipt copy, got myself a PC for $37.60 (with the $10 coupon I got in the mail before Christmas). They had two more (one demo but looked complete with box) so if anyone wants me to pick them up one I could next Monday afternoon. You pay shipping, needless to say.

Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the two spoken for. If anyone wants the demo unit, and I will verify complete, then I can pick it up on Monday. First come, first served. PM me.
    Autoeng

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information