Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I am the instigator of this thread, I have to apologize for not staying on top of this. My kids were with me today; as a divorced dad, I don`t like to mess around when the kids are over, particularly on a holiday.

I will probably head out to Lowe`s on Tuesday, and grab one if they are available. I don`t have the means to send a photo of a receipt, so I am glad that someone did.

If my thread put an inexpensive PC into the hands of fellow Autopians, I am happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely going to print that receipt out and snag me a spare at the Lowe`s in Arlington.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    so you guys are simply printed out the receipt, then going to the customer service desk, or how are you exactly doing it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    I called by Brooklyn (NY) Lowe`s and they said that they have 13 in stock for the price of $47.60. I went there (it was like a 50 minute drive...) and got one. If you guys need, I can take a picture of the receipt for those trying to price match.

Edit: By the way, if you spend more than $50, Lowes is giving $10 giftcards, which basically reduces the price by another 10 dollars.

Yeeeeees thank you, I will be there first thing tomorrow morning! They open at 5am I live in Nassau County, Lynbrook.

I checked the LI one and it was cleaned out but they had it at $59. If you go back to clean them out please leave one for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34
    so you guys are simply printed out the receipt, then going to the customer service desk, or how are you exactly doing it?
    I printed threads with copies of receipts, found who has them in stock (regardless at which price), went there to tool coral, took an item regardless what was the price on it, went with it to customer service, and had them match the price, paid for it, and that was it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey, Moe!
    Since I am the instigator of this thread, I have to apologize for not staying on top of this. My kids were with me today; as a divorced dad, I don`t like to mess around when the kids are over, particularly on a holiday.
    Your priorities are as they should be, every single one of us would do (hopefully) same if we were in your shoes, so no appologies, if you know what I mean. Not to forget that you have already done a big deed for Autopians that benefited from your post just by pointing out there is a valid deal out there. So, you didn`t serve everything on the silver platter and that`s OK, you are not expected to, somebody else jumped in and took care of that. That`s what seems to be great about Autopia, it seems all are working as one team.

So, I think I can speak in everyone`s name when I say thank you one more time and Happy Holidays to you and your beloved ones!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34

Well, first you want to find the Lowe`s near you that has the PC. Then, if they have the price at $47.60, go ahead and buy it. If not, then you take your print-out and show it to them, asking to price match that price.

Post Thanks / Like
    To Whom it May Concern (especially Los Angeles and north Orange County):

Lowe`s of Norwalk (store # 0056) had some left in stock.

Lowe`s of Pico Rivera (store # 1591) allegedly had some left in stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone wants to buy an extra one and make a few bucks by selling it to me, shot me a pm. I can`t find one at any of my local Lowes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
    If anyone wants to buy an extra one and make a few bucks by selling it to me, shot me a pm. I can`t find one at any of my local Lowes.
    http://autopia.org/forum/trading-pos...sps-70-ea.html
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to pick up a spare tomorrow, great deal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok got mine. If anybody is going to the Brooklyn Lowes in NYC the display model is missing. You have to ask them to get you one from the store bin above the display There are about 10 or so left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, that`s where I got it also I had to ask customer service. They said, "Oh, we should have 13 in stock." And a woman brought me over to the aisle to help me find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here an update.

I went to my local Lowes with the receipt and found that they had 3 in stock. However, after bringing it to customer service with the receipt they stated that they could not honor the price. They stated that they can`t honor close out pricing from another Lowes. They stated that is was store specific.

I guess I will keep an eye on these to see if they close them out.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    While the price is great and the fact that more than one store is discounting is helpful, it leaves one more question for me:

WHY are they closing these out? Is Porter Cable going to discontinue or upgrade the machine? I`ve heard rumors, but no official word.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information