Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    I`ve cleared as many PMs as possible. There were a lot.

Flatstick, Yal had entered an initial bid of $1 with a max of $3. It was tricky managing multiple bottles of the same item the way people were entering bid requests. I won`t be doing this again.

The best I can do, as stated above, is to offer a 2/3 full bottle of QEW for $1 to go along with your Collinite #885. Let me know what you`d like to do and I do apologize for the confusion.

Thanks.

Thanks for clearing the PM`S sent you my info. let me know the total and where to Paypal it to. can not blame you for not wanting to do multiple bottles of the same item, would not want to figure that one out. let me know .

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, nothing is e-z. I get to my local UPS store to find out they`re out of business... :angry :angry :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, nothing is e-z. I get to my local UPS store to find out they`re out of business... :angry :angry :angry

Ouch that is a real PIA. sorry to hear that.

Post Thanks / Like

40+ years of dealing with Greater Boston traffic means a big PITA!!!! The only one I know is in Watertown at the distribution center.

No rush on my end, so you just take it cool and send out whenever possible. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom...Staples does UPS....

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    Tom...Staples does UPS....

Al

Al, thanks. I can print my own labels with the computer. My local shipping center said it`s OK to leave pkgs with them for UPS pickup at the end of the day, which is what I did today. I can also stuff smaller boxes into the UPS drop box.

I got the actual list of "forbidden" materials from the USPS. Contrary to what the people at the counter tell you, there are very few things we can`t ship via the post office...liquid or otherwise. They do have issues with specific chems. Solvents, for example, could definitely be a problem.

The PO has a flat rate box for $8.10 and that`s a very good deal considering how much stuff can be jammed inside and it`s delivered in 2 - 3 days...tough to beat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone was shipped to today except for:

Justin (waiting to hear about Meg`s #26)

Yal (sending money order)

Flatstick (i`ll ship tomorrow after I determine weight/cost)

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Al, thanks. I can print my own labels with the computer. My local shipping center said it`s OK to leave pkgs with them for UPS pickup at the end of the day, which is what I did today. I can also stuff smaller boxes into the UPS drop box.

I got the actual list of "forbidden" materials from the USPS. Contrary to what the people at the counter tell you, there are very few things we can`t ship via the post office...liquid or otherwise. They do have issues with specific chems. Solvents, for example, could definitely be a problem.

The PO has a flat rate box for $8.10 and that`s a very good deal considering how much stuff can be jammed inside and it`s delivered in 2 - 3 days...tough to beat.

I agree the USPS flat rate priority is awesome if you can fit your items in them. they have two sizes on the flat rate. glad you had something go right for you. no hurry on my end either, whatever works for you. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeegr
    Originally, only 40 were supposed to be sold, but there were a few extras that were given to "friends` and such, so 50 is right there in the ball park.

Original time announced: 08-19-2003, 09:35 AM Eastern time.

Yes, this was the "first" Natty wax sold. Sort of a test run to see if it was worth the investment to mass produce it.
    Thanks for that great info BigLeegr! I figured someone would know the approx date, but I never expected to get the time!
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with everyone else...definite no rush on my end...this time change is really making the detailing days really short.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW Tom!!!!!!

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 11/01/2006.

I see a future for you as a "Customer Service" consultant for many on-line businesses.

I can understand (sample trading) all the work this must have taken you to put together all these packages and ship the next day as promised. :hairpull

Great job!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    WOW Tom!!!!!!

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 11/01/2006.

I see a future for you as a "Customer Service" consultant for many on-line businesses.

I can understand (sample trading) all the work this must have taken you to put together all these packages and ship the next day as promised. :hairpull

Great job!!!

I would like to also say that Tom has done a great job. I have traded so many times on this board that I can not even count them :LOLOL there is a lot of time and effort spent to make it all go smoothly. considering how much stuff you had and people to deal with , you are doing fine. let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatstick
    I would like to also say that Tom has done a great job........there is a lot of time and effort spent to make it all go smoothly. considering how much stuff you had and people to deal with , you are doing fine. let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    I agree Tom did a great job, and the "auction" style of his sale added a fun twist to the forum. :2thumbs:
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    ..... and the "auction" style of his sale added a fun twist to the forum. :2thumbs:

Ditto. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, guys. It`s been far more complicated than I would have imagined. I`ll be a bit more conservative if I do another offering.

On the positive side: I learned some interesting, factual information about what can and cannot be shipped via USPS. This information is in almost complete conflict with what the people behind the counter would have you believe.

Document is here: http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/posters/pos138.pdf

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information