Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello:

I decided to put my Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens up for sale. I purchased this lens this past April (2006) new, USA version from B&H. I bought it with my Canon Digital Rebel XT, instead of getting the kit lens. I originally planned on keeping it longer, but now that I`m making more money; I can afford some new glass. I want something faster at the mid zoom, and something longer at the telephoto length, so this lens becomes redundant. I`d keep it, but I`m not making that much money. Anyway, the lens is in great shape, it`s not even two months old, and I only shoot occasionally with it.

I`m including everything it comes with new; box, manual, warranty card, front and rear caps.

I bought it for $420 new from B&H, I`m asking $375 shipped for it.

Any questions or offers, I can be reached via PM or e-mail jackal82984@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Sample Shot

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for a lower price. I`m willing to go down to $350 shipped for a two month old lens that retails for $420 new. I`d really like to sell it soon. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump

excerpt from lens review

When someone is looking for a good quality but affordable walkaround lens, the Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens is what I will often recommend to them.

The Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens is a relatively small and light in weight lens. It is about the same size and weight as the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L USM Lens and very slightly smaller and lighter than the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM Lens.

The Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens focuses reasonably fast and has a great focal length range. I wish my Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM Lens had the same upper focal length zoom range as the 28-135 (while retaining all of it`s qualities of course). The Canon 28-135 IS has good sharpness when stopped down to f/8. Wide open, this lens has some softness. Some barrel distortion is present on the wide end.

If you are looking for a good value 28mm-something zoom lens and your budget limits you to the Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens` price range, look no farther. The Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens provides a great focal length range, reasonably sharp images and IS at a decent price point and in a relatively small package. This is a very popular lens - and for good reasons

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ns-Review.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDaJackal
    Bump for a lower price. I`m willing to go down to $350 shipped for a two month old lens that retails for $420 new. I`d really like to sell it soon. Thanks!

I have been trying for you. I sent this to a couple of DSLR junkies at work. I guess they have enough lenses, which makes this one redundant.

I tried......

Steve

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SHICKS
    I have been trying for you. I sent this to a couple of DSLR junkies at work. I guess they have enough lenses, which makes this one redundant.

I tried......

Steve

Thanks for the effort :2thumbs:

I got a bunch of offers from Fred Miranda but most people either decided to go new, or really low balled me. I think the price is fair enough considering the condition, so at this point I`ll just hold on to it, although I`m still willing to sell it. I just had enough of trying to sell it. I can always offer it to my photo club along with nearby clubs for sale, I`d just kinda feel weird since a highly regarded member recommended for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDaJackal
    Thanks for the effort :2thumbs:

I got a bunch of offers from Fred Miranda but most people either decided to go new, or really low balled me. I think the price is fair enough considering the condition, so at this point I`ll just hold on to it, although I`m still willing to sell it. I just had enough of trying to sell it. I can always offer it to my photo club along with nearby clubs for sale, I`d just kinda feel weird since a highly regarded member recommended for me.

Did you try ebay with a reserve price?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great walk-around lens. We use one for probably ~50% of our photos, including a large number of the ones on my wifes site, http://rockpaperpixels.com. The IS definitely helps make up for the semi-high f-stop. It`s well-made, too, and this is a great price. Surprised no one has taken you up on it. I will keep my eyes open.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SHICKS
    Did you try ebay with a reserve price?

No, I don`t have an account to sell, just to buy. Anyway as I said before I think i`ll just hold on to it unless someone wants to buy it. I`m still unsure of my future lens purchases, and having this one in my bag can`t hurt.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    *update* Finally sold it to someone from FM. I`ve been using my newly acquired 70-200mm f/4L and WOW what a difference

Once the buyer confirms he receives it, I`ll probably order the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 to round out my camera gear :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy would I LOVE to purchase an "L" lens....Heard that they`re night-and-day from the ordinary glass from Canon; Enjoy your new toys and have some fun!!

I just bought a Rebel XT and went with a 28-105 F/3.5 II USM lens and hope that`ll be a nice starter (Probably would have bought yours if it were still around...)
    - Garrett

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCloud27
    Boy would I LOVE to purchase an "L" lens....Heard that they`re night-and-day from the ordinary glass from Canon; Enjoy your new toys and have some fun!!

I just bought a Rebel XT and went with a 28-105 F/3.5 II USM lens and hope that`ll be a nice starter (Probably would have bought yours if it were still around...)

How do you like the 28-105mm? If you hadn`t already bought it I would have told you to go with the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8. From all the reviews and people I know who have it tell me it`s great for the price, and has that "L" sharpness.

I don`t know your budget but I`m sure you`d be pleased with an L lens in the future. That`s kinda why I went with Canon when I stepped up to a dSLR. Lots of members in my photo club would rave about the "L" lenses. The 70-200mm f/4L is the cheapest L out there, just under $600. It seems like a lot, but once you see the prices of other "L" lenses it seems like a bargain... :laugh:

I`ll probably make a review of my thoughs on my new lens with some pictures to help any fellow Canon owners out on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, it`s funny that you mention the Tamron since that was the one other lens I was going against; In the end it was all about the mighty dollar and that in the past two weeks, I`ve had the strange luck of having close to everything electronic (minus car....and not to jinx it) break down on me and that determined my purchase. I`ll be receiving it tomorrow and can`t wait to see how it works out; Tamron`s Di`s are nice and have also heard some great reviews on them on the net

Good chatting with ya on this JDJ; enjoy your Canon!
    - Garrett

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve just got my piece of Tamron SP AF90mm Di F/2.8 Macro 1:1. It`s really a sharp prime lens even when shooting at wide open. Great for portrait and macro. I just hope that Canon can come out a 17-85mm f/2.8L IS USM lens for 350D/30D. That`s an excellent travel lens.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zey
    I`ve just got my piece of Tamron SP AF90mm Di F/2.8 Macro 1:1. It`s really a sharp prime lens even when shooting at wide open. Great for portrait and macro. I just hope that Canon can come out a 17-85mm f/2.8L IS USM lens for 350D/30D. That`s an excellent travel lens.

Canon actually has a 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM and fairly recently released a 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. I`ve heard so-so things with the 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM but the 17-55mm f/2.8 is suppose to be really amazing, but then again for it`s price I hope it would be

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny,

Wow, well take a guess.... I ended up returning my 28-105 and went up to your lens you just sold (and boy do I wish I would have gotton it from you rather than Amazon... ) I enjoy the 105 lens (still have it and am shipping it back tomorrow) but after going to the horse races the day before, I was disappointed in both its telescopic range (which I expected anyways) and sharpness on some photos. The IS I`m hoping to play with since it`ll be a great help in low-light shots and hopefully improve on my everyday photos. I was a bit disappointed about the 135mm but to get a 200+ mm lens in IS....well, I`d have to hit a trifecta every race... I spent a lot of time between Canon and Tamron and felt a bit happier with IS and a USM motor (the Di lenses are a bit slow according to a few people I asked) not to mention a better build quality.

Can`t wait for it to arrive, comes Tuesday (love Amazon Prime-3.99 Overnight Shipping!)

Cheers, hope to hear your thoughts on this
    - Garrett

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information