Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    eBay Motors: ZYMOL VINTAGE CAR WAX 4 oz SAMPLE 61% White Carnauba (item 220345326471 end time Jan-22-09 16:30:00 PST)

I know some have been asking about a sample of Vintage. Well here`s your chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    anybody buy from this dude?
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The last sample of Vintage I`ve seen on ebay went in the $400 range IIRC. I`m guessing it`s from the same seller but not sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a scheme... buy a lifetime supply for $1100 and sell it off 4oz at a time.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s exactly his deal. He`s sold 2 other samples in the $100-$150 range that can be easily seen from eBay feedback.

That`s gotta be violating the terms of the lifetime supply...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    What a scheme... buy a lifetime supply for $1100 and sell it off 4oz at a time.
    I guees thats the discount of buying bulk :faint:

although you could look at it this way, I want to try vintage, I dont want to spend 2g on it just to try it. I can spend 300 try it. If i like it then i can decide to upgrae, if I dont I just saved 1700 and can sell off the sample I have

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XRL
    That`s exactly his deal. He`s sold 2 other samples in the $100-$150 range that can be easily seen from eBay feedback.

That`s gotta be violating the terms of the lifetime supply...

I have always wondered about the terms of a life timerefill. I have never signed anything saying I wont give it away or that I wont sell it. When I purchased it (which may have changed since then) all that the website said was lifetime refills. no astricks no bullets or side points. Just "life time refills"

having said that I have also heard zymol asking ppl to remove auctions such as the one mentioned in this thread as it violates the terms. so I dont know

I have never sold my vintage, I have no desire, I like it enough I dont mind the price tag. Its a sunk cost at this point. due to this I have never had an issue with zymol and not refilling (even though my first refill only took 3 months)

I would be very interested to hear from a lawyer to hear what the legal aspects of selling would be. Is zymol able to cancel the refills? if they do what can be done? are you in the clear as no contract was signed? perhaps a lawyer can tune in.

and sorry to hijack the thread, def not my intention when I came in.. just seemed to happen

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the difference in selling "on the car" or selling a portion? If you buy the product and you`re a professional detailer, does that mean you can`t apply it to your customer`s car, because technically that is selling the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the difference in selling "on the car" or selling a portion? If you buy the product and you`re a professional detailer, does that mean you can`t apply it to your customer`s car, because technically that is selling the product.

I agree 100%. I dont see how they are any diffrent, however I am sure there are others who view it diffrently

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it`s a matter of how often they`ll refill it. I had seen one of those lifetime refills say you only get a refill every 4 or 6 months.

Damn good idea if you`re a pro and they`ll refill you as much as you want though. If you used a tub a month, it`d pay for itself in a short time.

But on the other hand, I could see why Zymol wouldn`t want it to be like that. That 2k is probably supposed to cover 20+ years of waxing, and if you go through it at $100 a month(a tub`s worth we`ll say) they`re going to lose money pretty quick on that deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think users should be able to do with whatever products they purchase. Who`s fault is it for offering an overpriced wax with a lifetime supply? Certainly not the customer who purchases it.

Maybe Zymol should have been a little more intelligent about marketing their overpriced waxes.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Zymol went after a number of professional detailers and insisted that, in order to use their products, they must purchase their supplies directly from them and participate in their training program which runs about $10,000 (or some other insane number).

Here`s your linky:

Zymol have lost the plot - Detail University - Auto Detailing Forum

This is Detail University`s claim to fame. :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XRL
    But on the other hand, I could see why Zymol wouldn`t want it to be like that. That 2k is probably supposed to cover 20+ years of waxing, and if you go through it at $100 a month(a tub`s worth we`ll say) they`re going to lose money pretty quick on that deal.

You`re assuming that bag of pig fat they call wax costs a lot to make. If it costs $10 per refill (not including shipping), I`d be surprised. Assuming 100% markup on cost, that means a buyer needs to get 50 refills to make it worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    yep - in the Uk you cant `sell` Zymol as a pro detailer without being authorised.

In ads for Vintage it has "Not for Trade use" shown. Now how they can actually enforce that is a good question, but it is clear they have T&C about refills which arent made public and they also state all purchases are subject to US approval before they accepted.

I actually really like the wax, and its done over 3 months of winter weather so far on my hood, and still beads almost like day 1, but Ă‚£1800 is crazy, especially when the `free refills` will cost you Ă‚£250+ for shipping etc :

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true. It may cost them very little to produce. Not having that information it`s all conjecture.

I could understand not wanting their wax to be used by any detailer who orders it. You`re talking about a product they`re billing as the best in the world, they don`t want inexperienced detailers soiling their good name by applying it on cars whose paint hasn`t been corrected, etc.

Sort of like BMW`s M division (i think). It used to be that if you bought a new M (or whatever it was) you got a trip to their training school with it, where they would teach you how to drive. Most just see it as a perk, but the clever see it as a way to make sure that their cars are driven by slightly more experienced drivers, making the cars look better too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information