Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, better than Meguiars water magnet? Those WW`s go for around $8!! I`m definitely going to go get some in a few days when I get the chance..

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up 2 packs (4 towels) tonight at Wal-Mart for ~6 dollars. They feel every bit as soft as my Adams WW towel that cost 20 bucks, since I got 4 towels I have quite a bit more surface area too.

The only difference besides color and size that I noticed was that the "pits" in the WM WW`s are more shallow than my Adams WW. I would think that having deeper pits would allow the water to puddle up more in the pit and allow for better absorption ... but thats a complete shot in the dark so its very possible I`m wrong. I always thought that the reason WW was so good at its job was because the pits allow water to be absorbed more efficiently?
    2003 CD Silver Focus SVT ZX5
    2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

"You can always tell the way a man takes care of himself by the way he takes care of his car"

Post Thanks / Like
    just picked up a 2pk tonight and while i`m sure they`re fine to use on paint, i`ll be using them on the windows, etc... they feel a little thinner than the cobra ww`s i have, but are alot softer. not bad for around $3...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imacarnut
    they feel a little thinner than the cobra ww`s i have, but are alot softer. not bad for around $3...
    They don`t look lke they would hold much water except maybe for cleaning/drying glass,this is the only reason i haven`t puled the triger yet,but the seem to have gotten plenty of response..

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a skeptic at first, but after finding them safe for paint I have a good stack of these towels now.

I don`t use them for drying, I have something much better for that (see below). I use them for wipe down, glass and misc interior cleaning. A very good MF towel at an exceptional bargin.

For another SUPER value, check out the Super Chamois. I first bought these years ago at the NYS Fair. This is what you want to dry the vehicle with, soft as felt and holds 10 times it`s weight in water - the water practically jumps off the vehicle into this towel! I cut one up and dedicate to the door jam, trunk, hood wipe (the places that almost always get the towel stained).It would also make a good applicator for leather/vinyl dressing or sealant or ???

Look closely at what you get for the price - it can`t be beat.

Super Chamois

Post Thanks / Like
    The super chamois looks good. Is it an "absorber" type product or is it a real chamois?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all,

Just bought a 2 pack (4 towels) of the WW MF`s and a 2 pack ( 4 towels ) of the Glass MF`s $10.00 total, they look like they`ll work great!! :getdown

They seem to be softer than the Meg`s WW`s that I have too. A nice cheap disposable WW if need be.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Can those of you who have the WM WW`s compare the performance with "The Absorber"? I still haven`t bought the WW`s from Walmart yet. It`s so far away...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    The super chamois looks good. Is it an "absorber" type product or is it a real chamois?
    It`s a synthetic chamois, like the absorber - super soft, like felt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I finally got to Walmart today to get the WW`s. Since this is my first time trying out WW`s, I have no experience or insight regarding WW quality. They`re pretty big towels, for one thing I haven`t tried it on the car yet (it`s already getting cold in the NE), so I tried it on a few wet dishes, since it was designed for the kitchen. I washed it up slightly with water, no real wash yet. It doesn`t seem as absorbent as the Absorber, but most definitely more flexible and less resistant than the Absorber. It doesn`t seem to suck up the water as well as the Absorber, but since I haven`t compared the two directly, I can`t make a definite statement. I don`t know whether WW`s have a "break-in" period, and hopefully their performance will get better as I use them more. Since WW`s have more nap, I`m looking to try them out to finish my drying process after blotting with the Absorber. This way I`ll prevent swirling and won`t need to drag the "sticky" Absorber across the car surface. I`ll report back and give a full review after I get the chance to wash my car tomorrow, if possible. Now it`s cold, so I can`t do my 6:00am washes, and if I do it in the sun, then I`m afraid the surface will dry too fast. Of course, with my Absorber and new WW`s, I should be able to dry out the entire car within minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    Can those of you who have the WM WW`s compare the performance with "The Absorber"? I still haven`t bought the WW`s from Walmart yet. It`s so far away...
    i use to use the absorber and i think the absorber picks up more water. but if using a qd or spray wax to dry these are an excellent towel. been using them for a few months now and have accumulated around fifty of them. out of the fifty i have around five that had hard edges. i use two of them per vehicle to dry and have yet to see any ill effects.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Walmart WW`shave been holding up great and are very soft and absorbent, just wish they were bigger.. Seems to get softer after each wash, I do use 1/4 - 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar in the rinse cycle though...

A Very good and Cheap WW..

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, cannot believe some people think these are better than meguairs Water magnets. Ill have to do a comparison. I have 4 walmart WW and only used them on the dash and windows.. Didnt think to dry the jeep with them.

On second thought I may buy some new ones to use on the paint. Even though I washed them, they still have that feeling of dash protectant in them. Dont want that all over the paint..

Post Thanks / Like
    i have no problems with meguiers water magnet. I picked up about 20 on close out for $2 each!

Work just fine. Also make a great (and cheap for me) gift for my clients.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LangMan37
    i have no problems with meguiers water magnet. I picked up about 20 on close out for $2 each!

Work just fine. Also make a great (and cheap for me) gift for my clients.

Lucky!!! :getdown

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information