Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was considering the Vroom because it`s on sale at my Target for 5.99, so I may just go with the Vroom in the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite OTC WW so far is the orange Meguiars WW from Autozone and probably some other auto stores. As a footnote, I do not care for the Zwipes WW at Autozone, it`s larger but feels stiffer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    I was considering the Vroom because it`s on sale at my Target for 5.99, so I may just go with the Vroom in the end.

Get several for that price. For what it`s worth, that Vroom drying towel is VERY similar to the blue Microtex drying towel sold at Walmart for roughly $6.38 or some amount. I have several of those drying towels and when I saw that my local Target had the Vroom towels on sale, I did a double take on them, but in the end, I passed... I just have a lot of drying towels.. for now.

Good luck,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    picked up some at walmart today

snipped off a few hard corners.. they seem very high quality.. gonna wash it with woolite first

will see this weekend.. great find!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    has anyone used these to dry car after wash ???

any feedback on softness/marring?? sounds like so far its good to go since it passed cd test???

Post Thanks / Like
    ditto on silversx`s question. Has anybody tried using this to dry the car? I`m considering WW`s, but I don`t want to buy cheap WW`s that will scratch/not absorb well. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, these WM WW dishtowels are much softer than say, a Meguiar`s Water Magnet, or several other WW`s out there. Look at it like this, there might be 3 things that drive the price of a WW towel: the quality of the fabric, the quality of the stitching (and the QC of that), and the market it`s being sold to.

I can tell you that these are high quality fabric, the stitching has been fine on the ones I have, although some have reported hard (melted) edging that had to be cut off, and the market...well, no one`s going to pay $5 each for a dishtowel at walmart when you can buy 2 (cotton) for $0.99 right next to them. If you don`t think the market that you`re selling into affects the price, then you don`t know anything about sales.

And yes, I have used these on my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, here I am ... the stick in the mud!

I didn`t think these towels felt anywhere near as soft as the blue MF towels I use for `wax` removal (and assorted car care).

When you say they passed the CD test, was it a soft or hard rub test?

I thought they might be fine for dash, vinyl, windows etc., but not for `wax` removal and I`m not sure I`d use any towel for drying. For drying, I much prefer the synthetic chamois - every year at the state fair these guys sell a pkg of 4 large orange synthetic chamois and two small yellow ones for $20... so they`re less than $5 a piece. These things are very soft and super absorbant - swell up and hold a ton of water - can`t imagine drying with anything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to Walmart and didn`t see them, but I didn`t look real hard as it was college move in weekend and I could barely move..ugh..

when you say housewares section..do you mean with other towels and dishtowels or by things like appliances and pots and pans?

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked for these last month in WallySmart and couldn`t find anything. However, I checked again yesterday and SCORED! Bought several packs of the WW drying towels (small), some of the fine glass cleaning towels and an ultra-plush mitt.

They appear to be of decent quality but I have not used them. I`ll take a closer look following the initial wash. They appear very similar to the purple passion towels that have become a personal favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Guys, these WM WW dishtowels are much softer than say, a Meguiar`s Water Magnet, or several other WW`s out there. Look at it like this, there might be 3 things that drive the price of a WW towel: the quality of the fabric, the quality of the stitching (and the QC of that), and the market it`s being sold to.

I can tell you that these are high quality fabric, the stitching has been fine on the ones I have, although some have reported hard (melted) edging that had to be cut off, and the market...well, no one`s going to pay $5 each for a dishtowel at walmart when you can buy 2 (cotton) for $0.99 right next to them. If you don`t think the market that you`re selling into affects the price, then you don`t know anything about sales.

And yes, I have used these on my car.

I totaly agree with Setec...these towels are very good ..and marketing plays the price also....

for instance..I use a glass polish that is used for glass top stoves...works great...best I have used..I pay 3.99 a bottle..Weinmans I believe is the company...now last year I bought some glass polish from a vendor...paid 10.99 for it..well it smelt the same...looked the same.. but one was home use..3.99..one was for auto use..10.99..not to many people would buy the 10.99 stuff to clean thier stove weekly...

so the towels are a great buy at the price and of very good quality..maybe not big in size..but 2 for 1.98..works for me....and have not noticed any marring ..in fact as you wash them they get softer...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeysdad
    Well, here I am ... the stick in the mud!

I didn`t think these towels felt anywhere near as soft as the blue MF towels I use for `wax` removal (and assorted car care).

It`s nothing about being stuck in the mud. I thought we were talking about WW`s in this thread, not whether WW`s are as soft as a regular MF...the structure is completely different, that`s comparing apples to oranges.

So, one last time, and I`m out: These white WW dishtowels at Walmart are as soft and nice as many much more expensive WW`s that I own that were purchased from various auto detailing sources. It`s possible that the consistency in general or the QC regarding the edging is lacking, but out of the 5 packs I bought, they all seemed to be the same (I did cut the tags off of the one pack that I`ve used so far). I just looked again, and found no hard corners or edging, but I did find a little hard ball at the end of a string at one of the corners, which I cut off. A lot of the more premium towels differ in how the edge is bound, so these might be a bit inferior in that regard, but if one starts to unravel a bit after a while, who cares?

I put these into my WW spreadsheet and the unit price (per sq. in) is half my best recorded sale price for any WW, and about 1/3 my normal lowest price (Meg`s Water Magnet at Pep Boy`s). Are these the best WW`s out there? No way. Are they the best value? Perhaps. Are they worth the money? Absolutley.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for clarifying things up, setec. I guess I`ll pick up a pack or 2 next time I go to Walmart.

abbeysdad, you mentioned that you liked the synthetic chamois a lot. I use the Absorber, and I certainly do find that it is very water absorbent. However, the undeniable fact is that if the Absorber is dragged around the surface, the dirt particles will scratch and marr the paint surface. On the other hand, WW`s are relatively better in this area. They have a bit of nap, which will contain the dirt particles inside the WW.

With that said, I`ll add that I never drag any drying towels on the paint. I always use the blotting technique to dry cars. And also the free-flow nozzle method.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    Thanks for clarifying things up, setec. I guess I`ll pick up a pack or 2 next time I go to Walmart.

Hey, nobody says you have to buy these to "fit in" or whatever. I have expensive towels, I have cheap towels, I have mid-priced towels. There are some members here who pride themselves on buying the most expensive stuff, some who pride themselves on buying the cheapest stuff, I guess I pride myself on bang-for-the-buck. I kind of like the idea of a WW that I can use for jambs and not beat myself up for staining an expensive WW. And for those of us that like to hoard stuff you can have great piles of these for not much money...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never tried using WW`s, and I`m really interested in trying them out. I`ve heard really good stuff about it, and I`d be glad to try out WW`s and see if they work better for me, especially at this great price

Originally, I was worried by the quality, after seeing it and feeling at Walmart. Of course, I don`t know anything about WW`s, so I was comparing it to MF`s, which I now know is comparing apples and oranges. As long as people like you who are experienced with WW`s say that the quality isn`t too bad, then I don`t mind buying it at all

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information