Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the nano, filled out the forms *exactly* as they wanted, mailed to the adress, it`s been over a year and nothing, tried again with waud, nothing, tried again with the bucket free, nothing.

Has anyone ever received one?
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    It must of got lost. I received mine and a friend of mine got his.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi
    I bought the nano, filled out the forms *exactly* as they wanted, mailed to the adress, it`s been over a year and nothing, tried again with waud, nothing, tried again with the bucket free, nothing.

Has anyone ever received one?

Come to think of it :think: .... NO

I filled one or two of them out too, just as they wanted and never remember getting anything back from them. I`m really not too worried though, the products didn`t cost more than $10.

I know i`m cheap, but not that cheap. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDaJackal
    Come to think of it :think: .... NO

I filled one or two of them out too, just as they wanted and never remember getting anything back from them. I`m really not too worried though, the products didn`t cost more than $10.

I know i`m cheap, but not that cheap. :p

I am cheap, real cheap. I just don`t understand why we can`t get our rebates?? Don`t offer it if you are not willing to follow through.
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the lead guys!

See, I work in the direct response marketing world (junk mail to most people - sorry!) but one of the things we do very well is rebate management for companies like Eagle One and others. We were actually the first ones to make use of online registration and rebate tracking.

Anyway, companies like EO almost never administer their own rebate programs and actually hate getting phone calls from people like us who never see our rebate checks. The really big problem is some rebate clearing houses tend to be.....let`s just say "less than ethical". There`s this little thing in the business called slippage. Slippage occurs when a rebate check is sent out, but is never cashed by the recipient, meaning the money earmarked for that check never leaves the bank. The clearing house usually maintains the checking account for their client and reports how many rebates came in, how many were qualified, and how many checks were sent out. There often is no real accountability for these numbers, so slippage can be "controlled" by the clearing house, if you get my meaning. Through all this reporting though, what they usually do not disclose is this slippage rate - they actually keep this money instead. Amazing, but it happens all the time.

Of course, a consumer`s initial reaction is that the company who`s product they purchased basically ripped them off on the rebate. Truth is, often the company itself is being ripped off at the same time, and getting a lot of negative feedback and a declining image in the eyes of consumers. Not a good thing.

We don`t keep slippage. Never have. We`ve been able to streamline the admin process of rebate programs to where we make a decent profit on the actual work, so if letting our clients keep their own money helps us gain more clients, then we feel we`re far better off in the long run.

So the odds are that any problems you`re having with EO`s rebates are really brought about by their vendor.

Post Thanks / Like
    glad i`m not the only one. i sent in a rebate for the bucket-less wash over 6 months ago and never received anything... :think:

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    So basically if they misaddress the rebate check it goes to the dead letter file and then they keep the money because it never gets cashed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    So basically if they misaddress the rebate check it goes to the dead letter file and then they keep the money because it never gets cashed?

I think he`s saying that some of the checks never go out, so they can`t be cashed. The cash that the company has provided to cover those checks "slips" through the cracks, kept by the rebate processing company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-in-Orange, since you`re in the business, can you tell us who the rebate clearing house is for Eagle One so they can contact them?
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, that is great information Mike, makes me not want to buy anything with a rebate. I hope my rebates come from my Christmas gifts. :hm
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully you kept copies of your rebate forms & receipts. There should be info on who to contact on the forms. If no records, try to find out from Eagle One how to contact the rebate company. If still no luck, you can contact the Federal Trade Commision...they will get the ball rolling. (When the FTC shows up, companies magically listen!) They also have an online complaint form. Last year they started taking a tough line about rebates and are making companies pay up and on-time. Even if they tell you "we sent it, you must not have received it, its your fault"...blah, the FTC should be able to get your money. If you have your rebate paperwork, its almost 100% they`ll get it. They`re one of the few good gov`t agencies that really works for consumers. FTC= Consumers last line of defense.

http://www.ftc.gov/

Post Thanks / Like
    This reminds me, I gotta fill out a rebate. I hate those damn things, I always forget!
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely always always always keep copies of what you`ve sent in. The actual company, in this case Eagle One, hates to get complaint calls about this sort of thing. Keep in mind that any phone numbers given on the rebate forms are most likely tied to the clearing house, even if they answer the phone as Eagle One. Find the phone number to Eagle One, talk to someone in customer service, and tell them what`s happening with their clearing house.

(if enough of you do this it will make my job easier when I try to land the account :thx )

Sorry....back on topic.

I don`t know at this point who handles their rebates, bu I do know it isn`t us (thank goodness!).

Setec Astronomy, you are right on target here. It really comes down to a total lack of accountability in some cases, and that slippage amount can often exceed six figures annually. Not bad extra revenue for the clearing house, especially if they`re sticking it to a dozen or more clients every year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t save anything because I had faith in EO as a company, little did I know that they had nothing to do with the rebates. Why do things have to be some dang complicated/bogus?
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Thread Information