Post Thanks / Like

How much info is too much for the customer?

Hello everybody,

I have been working on my website for the past week and have come to a stall trying to figure out how I want to display my different wash packages and services.

I have looked at a few members personal websites and am trying to understand treading the fine line of explaining to the customer what they are getting without overbearing them with information. I wrote out the detailed description of what would be my "Premium detail" and it took up the majority of 2 pages. Personally looking at a website if I saw all of that text as a consumer I would not want/have the time to sift through all of that info.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, current website is autobahndetailusa.com if you would like to see my progress thus far.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much info is too much for the customer?

First thing you need to do is look at what everyone is charging in your area. Because you being a noobie doesn`t need to be charging high dollar prices if no one has even ever heard of you before.

Second, you need to figure out how far you want to go on each detail. Do you want to be a showroom detailer and spend 50+ hours on a car, maybe you want to be a quick mobile detailer and give a quick cleaning for a reasonable rate, whatever you chose to be you need to make that clear on your website, because you will have different customers expecting different things out of a detail and quite frankly, you really can`t please everyone. Some people who own these rich fancy cars might be expecting a showroom detail while lets say someone with a little hyndai sonata might only want a quick cleaning. Whatever you choose to be Premium Detailer or Car Washer you need to make it clear and you need to cater to only the people you want to do business with. And don`t be afraid of loosing clientel because if you set your standards straight then that`s all people are going to expect out of you.

And sometimes you are going to have to explain to them what they are getting because maybe someone wants a premium job, but they don`t know what all is involed in it.

This is my website Buff-N-Glo Premium Mobile Detailing maybe it will give you some ideas. And make sure you make your packages customizable so people can choose what they want in a detail. Not nessacerily saying I`m a pro website builder but hopefully it will help. Good luck
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    First thing you need to do is look at what everyone is charging in your area. Because you being a noobie doesn`t need to be charging high dollar prices if no one has even ever heard of you before.

Second, you need to figure out how far you want to go on each detail. Do you want to be a showroom detailer and spend 50+ hours on a car, maybe you want to be a quick mobile detailer and give a quick cleaning for a reasonable rate, whatever you chose to be you need to make that clear on your website, because you will have different customers expecting different things out of a detail and quite frankly, you really can`t please everyone. Some people who own these rich fancy cars might be expecting a showroom detail while lets say someone with a little hyndai sonata might only want a quick cleaning. Whatever you choose to be Premium Detailer or Car Washer you need to make it clear and you need to cater to only the people you want to do business with. And don`t be afraid of loosing clientel because if you set your standards straight then that`s all people are going to expect out of you.

And sometimes you are going to have to explain to them what they are getting because maybe someone wants a premium job, but they don`t know what all is involed in it.

This is my website Buff-N-Glo Premium Mobile Detailing maybe it will give you some ideas. And make sure you make your packages customizable so people can choose what they want in a detail. Not nessacerily saying I`m a pro website builder but hopefully it will help. Good luck
    Great points!

Post Thanks / Like

There is no wrong or right answer. In sales I remember being taught to get the customer to ask questions so you can provide them with answers.

The goal is to walk the fine line.. Provide them with enough information so that that those who are type A and just want results will feel comfortable yet dont` answer too much so those who love to engage in conversation will feel comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently in sales myself, however I engineer fluid handling systems so I am used to giving an overwhelming amount of info and thats what the customer expects so thats why I figured I would ask the industry insiders. Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should look at how to satisfy both ends of the spectrum; those who just want the basics and those who want to know everything.

If you provide too much detail those who just want the bullets will stop reading. If you only provide basic points you don`t get to properly display your knowledge for those who have trouble trusting. If you can find a way to provide the basic information very quickly in the first few sentences and make it clear that what follows is simply more in depth you can satisfy both at the same time. Those who want to read on can and those who don`t haven`t missed the message.

Post Thanks / Like

from the few people i talked to they seem to loose interest very quickly, when talking about details about detailing and not a mobile 10 dollar wash n wax.
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Post Thanks / Like

If I were in the detailing business, my sales approach would be simple, but clear enough to keep an interest.

1. Protection
    2. Resale value.

Post Thanks / Like

I find that most people get overwhelmed rather quickly, yet, if you don`t provide enough information they feel you are way overpriced.

It can be tough to find that middle ground. I have had so many ask for a "Full detail" and then explaining to them what is in a full detail and then they do not want that, just a wash and vacuum. On the other side, a "full detail" to others means a bang out job and covering every aspect.

Now, when someone contacts me and wants a quote, I ask them what they would like to be done. I then tell them what I offer and for the price of what the closest it is to what they are asking for. Most of the time I am still to expensive haha.
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I am not in it for the money, but would think the idea of the website is to create interest for the customer. With that said, I would put your low end pricing and say I do everything up to..... X and everything inbetween, call or e-mail for details. Show examples of your work.

Thread Information