Post Thanks / Like

Question/problem on uploading pictures?

I have learned how to use the album page instead of uploading into the galleries. I am doing this so I have an easier time managing and finding them. I have been having a problem uploading photos lately. When uploading I am having problems pictures won`t upload. I am using a Kodak Z710 7MP camera. After working over an hour trying to figure it out it seems if the pictures are over 2MB in size they won`t upload. If I crop them to get the file size below 2000kb then it uploads them fine. I was wondering if I am the only one having this problem? I am not all that tech savvy when it comes to the digital age but am I to assume if I changed the MP setting to a smaller size that should change the file size correct? Or am I simply doing something wrong when I am uploading? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question/problem on uploading pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    I have learned how to use the album page instead of uploading into the galleries. I am doing this so I have an easier time managing and finding them. I have been having a problem uploading photos lately. When uploading I am having problems pictures won`t upload. I am using a Kodak Z710 7MP camera. After working over an hour trying to figure it out it seems if the pictures are over 2MB in size they won`t upload. If I crop them to get the file size below 2000kb then it uploads them fine. I was wondering if I am the only one having this problem? I am not all that tech savvy when it comes to the digital age but am I to assume if I changed the MP setting to a smaller size that should change the file size correct? Or am I simply doing something wrong when I am uploading? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    I use picasaweb.google.com it`s free and there are no limits to the size of picture. This way when you post on here you just post with the link they supply you with. This way if you are on many boards showing the same pictures you only have to upload them once then keep using the link. They have free application for most computer and tablet platforms.

Posting an image is as simple as clicking on the little image icon in the editor and replacing the URL with yours.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using a Windows based computer I have the easiest fix for you, that I use on all of my photos.

• Right click on the picture and use open with "Microsoft Picture Manager"
    • Click the "Edit Picture" in the top bar.
    • This will open a toolbar that has a few options. I only use the "resize" and "Compress" The "resize" has some predefined sizes that work great for internet stuff. And if you need to make the picture file size smaller yet I use the "Compress".

This works very quick and easy.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have an account at photobucket but think I will try what Troy mentioned. I usually transfer them into my documents folder from Easyshare because it seems so hard to find them when I click browse on the upload. The documents folder uses the Microsoft program and I seen the resize button but never tried it.

It just seemed kind of odd that the bigger files would not upload since it says there is no file limit on the upload screen.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    It just seemed kind of odd that the bigger files would not upload since it says there is no file limit on the upload screen.

I think there is a limit on the file size per picture. I am not sure of this though...

I do know that other forums limit the amount of picture storage so keeping them as small as possible helps. But using something like photobucket or any other picture sharing would let you use whatever file size they accept.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it turns out I don`t have Microsoft Picture Manager. But I figured out I can edit in Paint by right clicking and open with Paint, clicking image at the top and then clicking resize/skew and putting in a percentage, 90% in both Horizontal and Vertical works. I spent about 15 minutes checking the internet and found this out and it takes less than a half minute to change the photo size.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime I`m posting any picture I just use my IPhone 5 and the TAPATALK app. It`s as easy as touching the picture and hitting "OK".

Thread Information