Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    by David W. Bynon

Like most of us, I’ve got some pet peeves. Living in Los Angeles, it’s easy for traffic to become a major peeve. The very sound of the word “traffic†(or “SIG ALERT†as they say out here), gets under my skin.

Like most folks, I get upset (okay, pissed off!) when people do not use their turn signals. I`m getting kind of tweeked just thinking about it. Then you have those freaks who love their turn signals. They leave it on all of the time just to make me think they know what they’re doing, thus, causing me great confusion. Are they going to turn and simply gave too much notice? Better yet, why the heck are they turning left when their right signal light is flashing? Come on people, pay attention! I will never be satisfied with the turn signal issue.

Then we have my other favorite traffic peeves, like driving 45 mph in a 65 mph zone (a.k.a. tourists). People who considerately block intersections make my blood stir, too. As if they’re the only ones in a hurry! Oh, yes, and how about those (guys and gals) who like to apply makeup at the green light. Come on people, the vanity mirror is at home†get out of my way!

To finish up†I can’t stand most minivan drivers (maybe it’s just the whole soccer mom thing!), SUV drivers aren’t very high on my list either (they never see me†inevitably running me off the road), and I always steer clear of old men wearing hats. Am I finished? No, I forgot to mention dirty cars. You people make me sick!

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidB

[B]by David W. Bynon

Then we have my other favorite traffic peeves, like driving 45 mph in a 65 mph zone (a.k.a. tourists). People who considerately block intersections make my blood stir, too. As if they’re the only ones in a hurry! Oh, yes, and how about those (guys and gals) who like to apply makeup at the green light. Come on people, the vanity mirror is at home†get out of my way!

i totally agree with you on this issue, either go five mph over the limit or get off the road:doh

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that the cell phone is a part of modern life but if you don`t have a headset, let the call go to voice mail. Don`t try to talk and drive using the handset.

Post Thanks / Like
    My pet peeves -- people who are turning left, but won`t get into the stupid turn-lane!! And people who are turning right, and take all day to do it!! Just go on, for goodness sakes!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My newest pet peeve is the 4-way stop. Am I the only one who remembers the rules at a stop sign?

My favorite is when you`re allowing someone to cross the street, like in a school zone, and the idiot at the other corner takes your turn. Hey, bud, you`re supposed to wait... it`s still MY TURN! Oh, by the way, that is a child in the crosswalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    One more pet peeve for me:

When you pull up to an intersection and you are just behind the white line (which is a stop line, right?!). The people who are turning left onto your road seem to lack the ability to stay in their lane, and shoot you dirty looks as if you were in their way!!!

(I keep hoping one will hit me and I`ll get to have the hood repainted, headlight lenses, and lower spoiler (scratched up) replaced - at THEIR insurance`s expense!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, where do I start?

Number one would have to be red light runners. I had a good friend killed back in the early 80`s and a friend of mine from another board was nearly killed on Wednesday (after I had seen him in Houston on Sunday at the national off-topic.net meet) when a semi ran a light and split his car in two. Thank God it hit his car behind where he was sitting and he had the good sense to be wearing his seatbelt so he didn`t get tossed around like a rag doll.

The other stuff that really hacks me off are:

1. People who intend to turn a 1/2 miles from the light, so they never accelerate past 25 mph.

2. People who pull out in front of you only to stop and turn 2 seconds later.

3. Anyone who does not move out into the intersection to make a left turn. Some girl did that yesterday-she only moved out just enough to get her fender out, so when the light turned red, instead of going (and since she was in the intersection, she legally had the right of way), she tries to back up...but since the car behind her was only a foot off her bumper, she just sat there blocking the people trying to turn left from the other street. Truly a special type of stupid.

4. Those who just sit there when the light turns green and when you lightly tap the horn to let them know the light turned, they flip you off...yeah, like it is my fault they are a moron.

5. Left lane bandits. I think we all agree on this one.

6. Semis that wait until you are 50 feet off their bumper then pull in your lane to pass another truck that is only going 1 mph slower than they are--as they start uphill.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    People who weave everywhere and look like they`re driving drunk because they are too distracted talking on the phone, putting on makeup, looking for something on the passenger`s side, or drinking BEER! :scared

On a wide single lane with a shoulder where people can routinely sneak by and turn right, people who moronically stop at the red too far right so that there isn`t any room to sneak by.

When there`s just one car standing between you and getting into the precious left turn lane so you can make that advance-green and he`s stopped way too far back and you just barely can`t get by him! And then he doesn`t move or do anything even though you`re signalling, turned almost into the lane, and close behind him. Get a clue!!!

I also find that, as a group, Toyota Corolla drivers tend to be the most clueless, moronic drivers on the road. I take some ironic satisfaction that most driving instruction cars are also Corollas. My mother is looking for a small car and even she is shying away from the Corolla because she doesn`t want to be associated with them! This is only noticeable in my area and I apologize to theveed in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about the motorcycle riders using handsets. I`ve seen this about 3 times over the past 2 weeks. Riding down the street with the phone jambed between their ear and shoulder. :nono :argue

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    similar to that.... I saw a pair of motorcycles (the smaller sport-bike type) riding in the same lane with one another yesterday, side by side. I would certainly think that it was illegal, and certainly could prove to be unsafe....

Post Thanks / Like
    All the above bothers me too, however, let`s all remember to keep our cool and not let these things make you get an ulcer, or worse yet . . . ROAD RAGE.

2002 Titanium SE Miata

2006 Lexus RX350

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Idrops

All the above bothers me too, however, let`s all remember to keep our cool and not let these things make you get an ulcer, or worse yet . . . ROAD RAGE.

That`s why it`s nice to have a place to rant -- so we won`t degrade into Road Rage!

Post Thanks / Like
    It drives me nuts when someone tosses a cigarette out the window from an adjecent lane on the high way, and it bounces up into the front of your car. The tip of the cigarette is something like 1200 degrees, and its hitting the front of my perfectly waxed car....you do the math.

As for people whom do 15 under the speed limit in the fast lane, I like to get 2 inches off their bumper and fly around them...they get the hint real fast.

Don`t get mad get even!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Don`t get me started. On Friday I was going down the main street in our city, its one lane each way with curbs and a parking lane on each side. An emergency vehicle starts wailing behind me about 6-cars back. I pull over to the side as close to the parked cars as possible to let it by. Well, it passes and I go to pull out and everybody starts honking at me as if I were cutting them off. You would think we were leaving pit row. So I saluted them and pulled out anyways in my Chevy 3/4 ton pickup.

Post Thanks / Like
    It drives me nuts when someone tosses a cigarette out the window from an adjecent lane on the high way ...
    I hate when they toss a cigarette out the window period! It looks like smokers never use the ashtrays in their car. They must think the whole roadside is theirs to use as an ashtray. Several times I`ve been tempted to get out of my car, pick up the cigarette butt and thump it back into their car.:nono

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information