Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    What shampoo do I use?

Also, been doing some more research and I heard someone suggest Optimum No Rinse. Is this good only for when it`s too cold to wash your car? Or is it something to use every time? My car is really filthy now and I can`t imagine this doing a good job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the advanced or whatever they call it exterior cleaning kit from GlisteningPerfection.com as well as a lot of extra various GP microfiber towels (I bought the 6 and 12 packs because I`ll eventually use them up) along with some other things. The Sonax products are awesome and I`m really impressed with the Lumiere glass cleaner.

Their EZ Detail cleaning brush is awesome. I bought one to use on my Porsche Cayman to clean the inside of the wheels and I bought another to use on my Volvo V50 that`s my daily driver. I was tired of reaching inside the wheels on the Cayman with a rag to get the break dust off, but on the V50 with the wheels I have that`s physically impossible. I was able to do so with that brush and my god I could see the inside of the wheels turn from pitch black to silver. Yes there was some small spots of tar here and there but for never EVER cleaning the inside of the wheels it was crazy. For wheel cleaner I used the P21S spray-on cleaner that came with the advanced car wash kit, let that sit for about 30-45 seconds, then hit it with the brush through the spokes and sprayed the wheels off, then used another application of the P21S wheel cleaner on the outside with the included sponge. I wish I had really done this sooner as it would have avoided small spots in the crevices in the spokes from losing tiny spots of the silver finish.

That advanced kit does come with different interior cleaning pieces but I also picked up the really big bottles of Leatherique Pristne Clean & Oil Rejuvenator. After using both of those on the interior it`s night and day.

I will say this -- if you get any of those kits (again I did the advanced) that I would stock up extra interior cleaning towels and drying towels. Use them once, put them in the washing machine on delicate, then in the dryer on delicate low heat and they`re good as new. The same goes with the chamois.

There`s probably other places you get get a lot of these kinds of products (and there`s certain specific things they don`t have), but that was the best $500 I ever spent. And before you think everything there`s a rip-off, I bought 6 and 12-packs of almost every different GP microfiber towel they had, the full advanced car cleaning kit, those large additional 2 bottles of leather cleaner/conditioner, EZ Detail brush, and 5-6 extra bottles of Sonax Bodywork shampoo. To me it was a fair price for what I think are exceptional products and I can`t be happier with the results.

Paul

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information