Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

I once heard from a smoker (my dad) that if you never use the ashtray in your car, and make sure to de-odorize the interior real well just before you go to sell/trade in your car, the dealers may not notice/know the car was smoked in, and thus it will raise your resale value.....

See, that`s exactly what most smokers think: throw it out the window, spray something in the interior and nobody will know. Nevermind the fact that everytime they exhale they are blowing the smoke into the interior and it will leach into every fiber of the interior (unless they are sitting on top of the headrest with their upper torso hanging out of the sunroof)!

Smoking dulls the olfactory senses - most smokers can`t smell the nasty disgusting trail they leave everywhere. But a non-smoker can tell if a car has been smoked in, right off the bat!

Post Thanks / Like
    People in the city on a two lane one way street who drive in the right lane for 10 blocks only to wait till they`re less than half a block away and deside they need to get in the left lane to make a lefthand turn. Also people who have to swing there car slightly left to make a right hand turn or right to make a left hand turn. Just turn the dang thing, your not driving a semi!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, and I thought I had issues... you guys sure have a lot of Pet Peeves!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well for me, there are a few;

Driving outside rush hour - the standard of driving is awful - all those people who don`t drive very often or have no interest in driving well!

People who hog the middle lane on the motorway and create traffic jams in the right hand lane

And my longest held peeve - people who forget to turn off their fog lights or worse turn them on when its raining - this has bugged my from the days I used to ride a motorbike and these lights refract in the waterspray on your visor and leave you blind
    I can`t believe you kiss your car good night.

C`mon baby tell me-you must be jokin`, right!
    Shania Twain

Citroen BX `88, Lomax 223 `85, Citroen 11BN `56

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely love it when people see the "Left lane ends, merge right" sign 1/2 mile before the merge, and decide to wait until the end of the left lane to get over. I got over before the sign, have enough courtesy to get over as early as possible, it keeps traffic flowing, and I will not be late to work. I am also bothered by the people that merge onto the Highway going 30. I really wish sabertooth tigers were still running around, the world`s population would be half as large and twice as smart.
    2003 Mazda Protege ES 2.0
    Sunlight Silver Metallic
    very dirty

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Freedog

1) People who insist on driving slow in the fast lane. I think it`s great that you`re retired and no longer have anyplace to be but I have to be at work/drop the kids at daycare/ pick-up my daughter at Girls Scouts/ am late for class/etc. and you`re messing up the program. MOVE!

2) People who have to have at least 3 miles clear distance to enter traffic. Hello MORON! It`s the year 2003 and chivalry is dead. I too have lamented it`s passing but it`s time to move on and into traffic aggressively. MOVE!

LOL, I love it Freedog and I agree wholeheartedly...

you`re messing up the program. MOVE! That would make a great bumper sticker (even though I don`t use them personally).

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe not "traffic" related but top of my list is people that can`t get out of a car without banging the side of the car next to them!

Also people that are too lazy to put a shopping cart in the racks in the parking lot, odds are in favor of it somehow finding MY car and hitting it........:angry

Post Thanks / Like
    I drive to downtown on highway 40. The turn off to the Decarie Expressway is from the left lane. I get really peeved in rush hour when the traffic in the lane next to this lane is standing still and people just gotta try and jump ahead in the left turn lane. My lane is clear, except for some idiot whose car is sticking halfway into the lane and can`t move, because that lane is going waaay too slow. The idiot is also making lots of friends (not) in the lane he/she is trying to force his/her way into.

Another rush hour pet peeve is people who don`t understand that you don`t enter the intersection until you can see that you won`t get stuck in it. Now, it`s bad enough that other people get stuck, but when they change into my lane after I`ve entered the intersection to steal my clear spot, I get really p.o.ed. Not only is that rude, but you aren`t supposed to change lanes in an intersection.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

--Mark Twain

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Red98gt

Maybe not "traffic" related but top of my list is people that can`t get out of a car without banging the side of the car next to them!

Just happened to me last weekend. A brand new Saturn Ion parks in a "non space" and scratches my door, not once but twice squeezing their way out of the car. They were apparently too lazy to park in a real spot further away.

Originally posted by Red98gt

Also people that are too lazy to put a shopping cart in the racks in the parking lot, odds are in favor of it somehow finding MY car and hitting it........:angry

Emphasis on lazy

In most parking lots, I try to park faaaar away from others near a curb or a light pole or some other structure which might afford some protection for people speeding through the nether regions of parking lots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, Ooh, I got another one, people that don`t turn their lights on when it starts raining. It seems like the average IQ goes down when there is any form of water on the road. That and I think Texas has some of the stupidest, most arrogant drivers on the road. Except for those here of course.
    2003 Mazda Protege ES 2.0
    Sunlight Silver Metallic
    very dirty

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, what is it about rain and stupidity? "Ya mean I can`t go 80 mph on the expressway when it`s raining cats and dogs?" Typical Oklahoma saying...... and did you know all cars that are sold in Oklahoma have the turn signals disconnected. I think it`s a state law.

Post Thanks / Like
    The beat goes on here too. Thr rain brings the 10mph drivers out and a sprinkle starts a traffic jam.

I have more peeves like when the in-laws and nephews are over (hint) they dirty/smudge my cars!! no respect for a shine !!
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

How to clean my G37?

Right now my car`s dirty as hell (hard water spots from sprinkler and dead love bugs on the front of the car). This happens a lot. What products do you guys recommend using on my car to do some basic interior and exterior cleaning about once or twice a month until I get it professionally detailed?

Also, I read somewhere that for basic exterior cleaning to use a touch free machine instead of doing it yourself because it is less likely to leave water spots behind. I`ve been using this, but are these safe? They really don`t get the love bugs off either? This is why I`m looking to do it myself.

I`m in Pinellas county btw if someone wants to give a recommendation for a detailer I can use in a couple of months (once I free up some cash cause I`m guessing it`s expensive).

Post Thanks / Like
    Just clean it yourself. Use two buckets, grit guarts, good shampoo, good wash mitts, and good drying products/practices. There should be a couple of articles around that describe how to wash a car properly. I have a black G35, and these things scratch easy.

For interior, I like Vinylex on a MF towel for all the plastics, and a Meguiars leather conditioner/cleaner for the leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get one of the bug sponges from PAC to take care of the bugs. Don`t get one of the other cheap ones, they are different even though you can`t see that in the web photo.

The touchless automatic washes are OK for dusting of the car, but they aren`t very effective at cleaning to any significant level. Spot-free rinse helps, but nothing beats a careful drying with a clean MF drying towel. (I love my Big Blue Drying Towels from PAC.)

A good sealant does help make cleaning easier.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information