Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

I just received my bottle of Klasse SG today and am planning on applying a few coats perhaps sometime this weekend. To recap on my previous thread, I am going to do the following:

1. Wash

2. Clay

3. Wash

4. SG

5. Layer of P21S wax when I am satisfied with the SG layering

I was just wondering if I should wash with Dawn in steps #1 and #3, or if I should just wash with normal Car Wash soap. I washed with Dawn already about a month and a half ago to get rid of the old layer of 3M IHG and P21S so I`m not sure if I should wash with Dawn again before I begin the new process.

Also, I just received the Eimann Fabrik quick detail spray. I noticed that it contains Carnauba wax in it. So I was just wondering if it is safe to add extra layers of SG after I use the Eimann Fabrik spray and before the P21S topper. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would wash with Dawn clay and then wash with a regular car shampoo. As for as the EF Clear Pearl, I would not apply it and then try to add a layer of SG right away. The caranuba in the clear pearl will not allow the SG to bond properly. So in other words, No Clear Pearl right before applying a layer of SG. Also once you apply the wax you must strip it all off before you can apply anymore layers of SG.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I would wash with Dawn clay and then wash with a regular car shampoo. As for as the EF Clear Pearl, I would not apply it and then try to add a layer of SG right away. The caranuba in the clear pearl will not allow the SG to bond properly. So in other words, No Clear Pearl right before applying a layer of SG. Also once you apply the wax you must strip it all off before you can apply anymore layers of SG. [/b]</blockquote>
    Thanks Showroom...so I got the no EF Clear Pearl part, but how do I strip off the wax without stripping off the SG along with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn wash to strip just the wax. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn wash to strip the wax...gotcha.

What about if I wanted to strip the SG and start all over, or is that unneccessary? (heheheheh...sorry for all the questions, but as you can see...I am n00b trying to learn as much as I can )

Post Thanks / Like
    To strip the SG you can use Klasse AIO if you have that. Or you can use a mild abrasive like 3M SMR or PPCL. Also a mix of 50/50 alcohol and water will strip it if you like the non-abrasive approach.

Post Thanks / Like
    will strip the SG layers too, but since you are dawn washing to add more SG layers it shouldn`t matter any.........

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

I have heard from other posts that DAWN will strip the SG layers too</blockquote>

I have Dawn washed over the SG without any problems in the past. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    In my little experience with Klasse, a Dawn wash (or even letting raw Dawn sit on the surface!) does not strip aio + 3SG. YMMV. Alcohol seemed to work pretty well but it was still stubborn!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would use the dawn on step one to cut anything on the surface but then use normal car wash soap on step 3. I strongly recommend one grand car wash soap or p21s auto shampoo or griots garage car wash

www.griotsgarage.com
    www.autosupermart.com for p21s and one grand
    or www.onegrand.com

Post Thanks / Like

cleaning a camper van questions

Hi all, I`ve been a member for a while now but never posted anything.
    My dad has a camper van for a while now and has never really took care of the exterior and its looking a bit worse for ware now. He asked me last week to have a go at trying to make it right. My question is what products should I use as its an all fiberglass body. I have tried to research it and not really come up with much. All help would be greatfully accepted.
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cleaning a camper van questions-dcp_1360.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pressure washing business and we rinse, wash with meguiars gold class and scrub with an extendable brush then pressure wash everything off. If it`s real bad and you have access to a heated pressure washer, it will cut through almost any grime. Some customers wax after we get done.

Just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like
    check out ,Meguiar`s Marine & RV line of products - if you have a rotary polisher and know how to safely use it thats a huge plus as the size of the job and oxidation removal on these is a whole lot easier with rotary and wool pads for initial cutting. if no rotary a flex is your next best bet but a pcxp certainly will make it look better. but careful on product selection cuz something like megs 105 will bog down quickly on the pc and you really need to clean pads on the fly, or you need 50 pads! (due to the quick buildup of oxidation being removed by an aggressive compound) meguiar`s #49 has a longer work time and is for moderate oxidation removal. best to clean pads on the fly. the only rv i have done I rolled up old mf towels, sprayed the end of the roll with water then held it against the pad as it spins on setting 4 to remove polish before it builds up too much and too fast on your pads. last but not least have a test area of around 4-5 ft square so you can see what your expectations and workload (from buildup)really are, small test spot will not tell you what kind of oxidation buildup or consistency you will have over large areas. good luck!

Thread Information