Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    So you got the SC, eh? Removable glass roof and everything! Something like 400 hp and 590 lb-ft of torque if I`m not mistaken. One of my customers has one, and he put 14,000 miles on it last year-definitely not a garage queen by any means.

Dr. Jones-here is a larger pic of a car like John`s:

The paint is absolutely stunning up close. I had to battle the typical swirls from Overseas Motors-every single Bentley I have detailed they imported had buffer marks all over them. Once I got rid of them, though, the paint looks like it is two feet deep!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie using Blackfire Gloss Enhacing Polish

I am detailing my 2010 Ford F-150. Washed it with Chemical Guys shampoo that strips the old wax...clayed and then washed again to remove any possible oils. My paint is in excellent shape so I applied the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish with a new LC green pad. Waited until doing the entire truck to remove the hazed polish and found it more difficult to wipe of than I was expecting. Instead of the polish being dry (ran my finger through it) it would smear. Quite like a past wax that hadn`t completely dried. I had put the polish on using about 3 small size dots per 1/2 of a door and then tried 3 dots for the entire door. The removing was the difference between "Wiping " it off as stated on the bottle and having to "Rub " it off. I am to old to mess with this sort of problem when I know darn well other polishes wipe off much easier. Anyone have the same problems or have any suggestions. I`m not a professional but have done a few cars over the years. The polish seems to shine up well but there are others that are easier to use. Is it me? or the polish. Working it the open garage...lots of breeze,,,90 degrees and fairly low humidity.

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be a couple of things.
    First. you only need to apply a very small amount of BFGEP. If you apply it to thick, it will be more difficult to remove.
    Second, the BFGEP is a polish and glaze in one product. It is not intended to remove swirls, but rather to help strip off old LSP, and clean paint while adding a glaze with the ability to fill minor blemishes. You might have allowed it to dry to long. Wipe off when a light haze forms. Also, do one section at a time.
    I hope this helps.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    It could be a couple of things.
    First. you only need to apply a very small amount of BFGEP. If you apply it to thick, it will be more difficult to remove.
    Second, the BFGEP is a polish and glaze in one product. It is not intended to remove swirls, but rather to help strip off old LSP, and clean paint while adding a glaze with the ability to fill minor blemishes. You might have allowed it to dry to long. Wipe off when a light haze forms. Also, do one section at a time.
    I hope this helps.
    Thanks..I got the too thick part but even though I might have "allowed it to long to dry" it still was smearing to the touch 30 min after applying. I`m not trying to correct anything just polish it up prior to glaze and sealant.If two small dots of polish is to much for an entire door, how thin does this have to be AND do you suppose the pad is storing a bunch of the polish and I need to stretch it more?

Post Thanks / Like
    All you need is a quarter sized drop on your pad. Also, there is no need to apply another glaze as BFGEP has a glaze mixed in with the polish. That is how it adds the extra gloss and filling ability.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I use BFGEP with no problems. The bottle says to do a small section at a time. If you applied to the whole truck, you waited too long to wipe it off IMHO. I found this product extremely easy to use. Apply in small sections next time. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information