Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Dealers are too cheap here to even think of washing your car or even putting a paper floor matt down.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats exactly why I have a floormat I swiped from an old vehicle of mine that`s vinyl/rubber. It goes in on the driver`s side whenever the vehicle goes in for service. (just incase they forget the paper mat)

Post Thanks / Like
    I NEVER let the dealership monkeys wash my car. they`re so busy at the BMW dealership I go to, I don`t think they could do a good job if I tried.

I mad the mistake of complaining about some makrs in the paint that I couldn`t seem to get out on my own. they apparently took a power buffer to my car and put some mean swirl marks on my hood. they topped that off by using wayy to much tire dressing on the tires so by the time I arrived at home with the car it had slung off and sprayed all over both sides of my white car. it wasn`t just a little bit either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate most dealer courtesy washes. Most of them just spray the cars down with water, dry with a rag, and spray some tire dressing on the tires <em class=`bbc`>and[/i] wheels.

However, my BMW dealer actually is pretty good. They know what a swirl mark is, and know how to use a D.A. PC to correc them. They also sell and occasionally use repackaged P21S and Meguiar`s stuff, BMW Gummi-Pfledge, and also Klasse.

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of my regular customers know not only to not let the dealer wash their cars when being serviced, but to also pass on make-ready when they pick up a new car. Too many dealers let some $5.50 an hour kid loose on a new car with a buffer and wool pads. Not only are there swirls everywhere, but white crap in all the emblems and between body panels.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time I dropped the car off at the dealer I had to leave it for a few days. I made SURE he wrote on the service statement. DO NOT WASH. Sure enough I got my car back nice and dirty how I left it, I would rather have a dirty scooby than a swirly scooby.

B

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune Al. Make Herb pay!!!!! He must pay!!! You may recall my high opinion of Herb`s dealerships in the thread you started when you bought the car. Interesting guy, unimpressive dealerships.
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    okay, I`ve got the greatest idea...

rig your viper car alarm so that it goes off when the car gets wet!!! that`ll learn em
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Whenever I drive by a dealership, new or used, and see guys out along the row of cars with a flat broom or similar implement washing cars down, I wonder why they just don`t get it. In this day and age , knowing what we know, you would think they could get with the program.

But I guess "time is money" and these guys don`t care as long as no one complains. What I don`t understand is...Why is no one complaining?

The answer I assume is few people care as much as we do. We are a very small segment of the population indeed.

On another note, a friend and FordvsChevy webmaster( Ed )picked up a 2002 Camaro SS 2 weeks ago. He brought it by for me to detail, including zaino. The hood had scrapes across it, very visible under flourescent light.Like someone raked something hard across it. I told him I could remove them, but since the car had 112 miles on it, and was just purchased, for him to bring it to the dealer and let it be their problem, since it was delivered to him that way.

Long story short, he went back the other day. The salesman wouldn`t help him. His words; "You mean that"? That`s nothin`...let me show you what I thought you meant" he takes my friend Ed over to a new black C5 Vette, and shows him a bunch of obvious scratches in it.

Ed asked him if they made a habit of selling new scratched up vehicles, but the guy didn`t budge. Said it was considered "normal". That`s customer service for ya. Beware, as they not only care for them poorly before they sell them, but won`t help you out much afterwards. I will remove them for my friend, they`re doable, but honestly...why should a spankin` new car have to have it`s paint cut? It just damn well shouldn`t. Sorry, had to vent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guitarman,

I would tell you friend to stop wasting his time with the salesman. Go straight to the general manager of the dealership. If they still don`t want to be bothered threaten to file a complaint with the BBB, that usually gets their attention.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Showroom, the story is secondhand from my friend, so I don`t know exactly how many others he spoke with, if any. But I will tell him to do that if he hasn`t already. Appreciate it. I think because he`s young (20) he`s getting pushed around and dosen`t know enough to make waves yet. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guitarman,

I know that feeling of being blown off because of age all too well. I am close in age to your friend and had a similar problem about a year ago. The dealer tried to blow me off, then they got a call from my lawyer (who is also one of my law professors).....now they take me seriously.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on taking a full set of pictures prior to any service visits. Its hard to argue with that....

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time I took my truck to the stealership I told them specificly not to wash my truck, so the service manager puts one of those cone things with the sign that says ``Do Not Wash `` on my roof, but he couldn`t really reach the top so he puts it on the edge, and pushes it in, sliding across my finish. Even when I tell them not to wash, they still find a way to screw me! I wish Sal Zaino had a dealership, Zaino x 10 straight from the dealer!
    2000 Natural White Toyota Tundra

Rolling on: Weld Typhoons & 33`s

Protected by: Zaino + 303

Interior Audio: Premier

Exterior Audio: Borla Split side cat back.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol omg! thats so funny, dont wash but go ahead and scratch it with my cone lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information