Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have absolutely no time, I suggest a detail shop that washes and maintains.

BTW, there`s nothing wrong with NuFinish. OTC isn`t a sin.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I will have to keep applying product to the truck monthly. Do you suggest anything for a lighter color? Or should I continue with BlackFire? Has anyone tried Zaino? Or is it junk?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have BFWD on my black Ford Fusion and it`s a shimmering gloss in motion.

It protects all colors. It doesn`t discriminate.

Post Thanks / Like
    White and silver cars are very difficult to get to "POP." I use BFWD on my red Lightning and love it, but I also use Danase Wet Glaze for that extra pop and find it`s the only thing that makes white and silver cars look like you want yours to look.

Danase isn`t made any more, but this product from Amazon produces the same result. There may be others, too.

Jim

Please do not post links to other sites/products here, it is against the rules.

Thank you,
    Mod 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maccini View Post
    I guess I will have to keep applying product to the truck monthly. Do you suggest anything for a lighter color? Or should I continue with BlackFire? Has anyone tried Zaino? Or is it junk?
    I love BFWD but I have to admit that I did try Zaino out of curiosity. It`s so much more work than BFWD and to my weekend warrior eye, I can`t see any difference. Especially since you are talking about re-applying very often, you can`t beet BFWD`s application. Zaino IMHO would be a pain to apply so often.
    BFWD all the way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    If you have absolutely no time, I suggest a detail shop that washes and maintains.

BTW, there`s nothing wrong with NuFinish. OTC isn`t a sin.
    Nu Finish is awesome :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a competitors link I see above?:StarWars:

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, thanks for all the replies. I`m might have to try out that creme glaze and compare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coatings like Opti-Coat 2.0 are the only thing that`s going to be able to withstand regular auto car washes. I also doubt you will truly see a difference in appearance between all the waxes and sealants out there on such a light color.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I might try Element 119 System X Ceramic Coating. I watched the Youtube videos and was impressed. I`m going to wait and see what other people say about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Zaino Sealants for years, and they do have durability down to a science, before all these nano coatings became popular.

it is a process that requires mixing a catalyst with the polish and applying it in 3 coat increments. It does work, it is expensive, and a lot of people swear by it.

It is not really hard to use it, just have to think through the process and make just enough for your needs.. I would be willing to help you figure it out if you want.

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else suspicious?
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the offer, I may try Zaino another time. I think I`m going to try the Element 119 System X Ceramic Coating. The reviews seem decent and I like to try new products.

OK, here is another question .... How do I remove the BFWD from my truck? I need to remove all coatings before applying Element 119 and I`m sure Dawn doesn`t remove it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maccini View Post
    how do i remove the bfwd from my truck? I need to remove all coatings before applying element 119 and i`m sure dawn doesn`t remove it.

/ / / / /

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t mean to add another suggestion but I must. I have a Taffeta White Honda Fit, the most white of whites, as in no pearl of any kind. I just put 2 layers of BFWD on and topped with a thin coat of Collinite 845. I usually use the Collinite in winter for that iron like durability but to me it makes white rather nice. Opti-Coat 2.0 is a great suggestion, and I tend to listen to Rasky (as well as others). I may be doing that this fall after my usual method has broken down. Orrrrrr, you could swing it over to my garage, Western MA here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information