Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rain spots

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the best tire dressing for my preferences. I Need something that will give me a lot of shine, won`t turn my tires brown, and won`t sling all over my car.

Please Help

My vote goes for turtle wax finish 2001 tire gel. Great stuff, lasts for weeks in the bright green bottle. Get it while it lasts because it is discontinued!

My lexus with turtle wax tire gel

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want ghetto shine I would go with Vinylex can`t really beat it for shine.
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino Z-16 PERFECT TIRE GLOSS

From Sal Zaino

"For many years I have been dissatisfied with the tire dressings on the market. They are loaded with silicone oil. They are very greasy, oily and messy. They attract dirt and dust like a magnet, have no UV protection, can cause tire deterioration, give an unrealistic gloss and wash off as soon as the tire gets wet. The tire dressing, always slings and gets onto the wheels and surrounding paint surface and causes discoloration and staining. I have yet to find one benefit to using this type of product. Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss is a non-oily, non-greasy, rubber protectant and finishing treatment. Its unique formula with Ultra-Gardâ„¢ UV(40) and antistatic properties prevent drying, cracking, browning and repels dust and dirt. Z-16 leaves an incredibly durable, water repellent, perfect looking satin finish, that`s only slightly glossy and dry to the touch. Use on all exterior rubber, tires, moldings, plastic trim, weatherstripping, underhood hoses and more. Just wet a sponge with Z-16 and apply to the surface to be treated and let dry. It will last thru rain and multiple washings. Z-16 is very durable and will last an average of 3 to 4 weeks on an outdoor car. Z-16 is not recommended for interior seats or vinyl tops."

Post Thanks / Like
    303 gives a nice sheen without being greasy appearing. Definitely does turn tires brown. Sheen can be adjusted by applying more coats. Can not speak about endurance... car is detailed after each use. 303 can be found locally at most marine shops and some professional paint suppliers. It is non-oil based and offers UV protection. This product can also be used as an interior dressing. CMA also carries 303. Excellent product. $10-13/ 32oz.
    Here is picture of a 303 treated tire.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=457078

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Z16
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    303 IMHO is the BEST tire dressing there is. However I didn`t know you could layer it to make more shine. That`s cool. However I myself prefer the Matte very low gloss look that one coat of 303 makes.

303 is awesome, to those of you who have never tried it. Do so!!
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    I have recently gotten hooked on Eagle One Tire Shine. Works good, seems to last, and does not have that "Ghetto Glow". Before that I had good results with Stones MSLT. It does tend to sling if you don`t buff it out.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is another vote for Eagle One Tire Shine.
    Rich Ross
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN MOBILE DETAIL
    Huntsville, Utah

WEWAXEM!

Post Thanks / Like
    will NOT give you high shine. It`s more of a natural semi gloss, which I prefer. The things I like about it is that it lasts for weeks and won`t sling all over the car, like most dressings I`ve used.

If you want high shine, try Black Magic or TW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino ~~~ Z-16

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinylex has a great shine that`s not greasy and does not sling all over your tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    "What`s the best tire dressing for my preferences. I Need something that will give me a lot of shine, won`t turn my tires brown, and won`t sling all over my car."

A few applications of Meguiar`s Endurance or the Turtle wax Tire Gel will probably be shiny enough. To completely prevent it from slinging off you will have to buff them out thoroughly and after buffing out "some" of the shine will be lost. You have to have some compromise.

I doubt Zaino Z16, 303 or Eagle One Concours will be enough of a shine for you. This more natural type of look is what I prefer now. I guess it is an age thing. As you grow up you realize tires are not supposed to be shiny-they should look black matte, clean and not brown.

Shiny tires do stand out more. Whether that is a good or bad thing is arguable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer Griot`s Rubber and Vinyl Dressing...

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RedVR6 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I prefer Griot`s Rubber and Vinyl Dressing... [/b]</blockquote>
    I also use Griot`s rubber dressing and I just rec`d Z16 2 days ago. First impression: Griots - A little goes a long way, while with Z16 I have to use double the amount than I normally do with Griots. Z16 is just a tad shinnier but almost the same. I`m sticking with Z16 for now because it seems easier to work with (easier to apply evenly).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information