Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a very strange question. An a-hole dumped a large coffee with cream and sugar over my roof while parked in my garage at work. The kicker is that I just got the car back from the body shop and my roof just was repainted after another vandalism incident. Would this coffee damage the paint if I just left it on until this weekend when I have the time to wash it??

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Crawfish [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Would this coffee damage the paint if I just left it on until this weekend when I have the time to wash it?? [/b]</blockquote>
    Are you kidding?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not allow coffee to sit for days on a body panel, especially a newly-painted/unprotected panel. If it is absolutely impossible to wash the panel until the weekend, at least try to heavily spray the area with a Quick Detail Spray and gently remove that way.

This method would only be secondary to a wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would take my car through the dreaded automatic car wash (touchless of course) before I would let that stuff sit on my paint a few days.
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean you didn`t run out with bottles of water and wash it off?

What`d you do to the a-hole? Make him . . . .

Post Thanks / Like

What happened to my pad?

Well its obvious what happened to it but i was just wondering why this might have happened? Im sure it was my backing plate on my PC since its sharp. Or is it a frequent problem that happens? Is this pad still usable or should i just toss it out?

Do you guys think i should get a new backing plate? This thing even feels sharp to my finger. Im lost here. Im a rotary guy and its the 3rd time i used my PC and this happened. I obviously need some advice. Thanks guys!!!!!
    Turtle Wax FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    what size pad are you using? maybe too much pressure and running till it dries out? I`ve had issues with the velcro portion peeling off the pad if it was still damp and it got hot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yooformula View Post
    what size pad are you using? maybe too much pressure and running till it dries out? I`ve had issues with the velcro portion peeling off the pad if it was still damp and it got hot.
    its the 5.5 inch pads, i wasent using much pressure. i was running the pc at speed 6 tough. i did notice that a CCS pad i used got extremely hot. i wasent dry buffing at all since i know this can happen. ive never encountered this problem with my rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    My $0.02 would be that the pad got too dry and with the pressure being put on it, caused it to tear. I have been known to be wrong though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_medic View Post
    My $0.02 would be that the pad got too dry and with the pressure being put on it, caused it to tear. I have been known to be wrong though
    What do you mean it got too dry?
    Turtle Wax FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like a PAC constant pressure pad. That has happened to everyone one of my PAC pads. That wimpy ass blue backing foam can not handle the stress. The backing plate cuts into the foam and the foam/velcro bond becomes unglued very, very easily. I love the German green foam pads (heavy polishing) and they are the only PAC pads that I will buy (gold ones too). They claim the blue foam keeps the pad in contact with the contours of the panel. Maybe for the 1st and 2nd time you use them. Then they start failing. Bad design in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the same exact thing happen to my LC Flat pads. Happend to two so far, and I`ve only worked on two cars

My only theory, is if you put pressure down at an angle, the backing plate might put pressure on that area of the pad and cause it to tear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had this happen as well, but only on pads where the velcro doesn`t go to the edge of the pad and the BP is a hair wider than the velcro of the pad. I`ve kept using mine, but I check them often and ditch them when it looks too bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    That has happened to mine also.... nothing to worry about. I have used my pad that looks like that probably 15-20 times and it hasnt hindered it at all. If you dont feel comfortable using it then just send it to me :p

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like it has happend to alot of people. I`ve seen it before. Dry pad was the cause of my buddys to tear like that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Quesada

"Success is not the key to happiness.
    Happiness is the key to success.
    If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful."
    - Albert Schweitzer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information