Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dpkilty View Post
    Ok so say I were to use Sonax the same way as Iron X. Spray it on my hood and watch all the little iron particles turn red then rinse it off. Would I see much of a difference? Maybe a side by side test of the two is in order.

I feel awkward asking this as its almost like comparing apples to oranges. I realize Sonax is for wheels but who says it can`t be used on the rest of the car? Kind of like ONR as a clay lube. Not really its intended purpose but still well within is range of usefulness. I didn`t want to post the usual "which is better" question as I would like some background info on each product so others and I can make an informed decision about what product would work best for themselves.

Thanks for the replies hopefully this will turn into a useful thread. :biggrin:
    From the information that I have gathered on this forum as well as others, it appears that Sonax is safe on paint, as I have seen others use it that way with good results. I have to say that I have no first hand experience using Sonax Full Effect on paint, so this is all second hand information. The active ingredients appear to be very similar.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Barry,

Another reason for this thread is I am contemplating doing a little mobile this summer, and having a product that has multiple uses would be stellar. ONR will be a must, and either Sonax or Iron X will be another. Right now I am leaning towards Sonax (as the little bit I have looked it seems to be cheaper, but I could be wrong). I may give up some performance in removing particles in the paint, but I can deal with that as I will be claying anyways. It will make up for it shortcomings as a wheel cleaner though (hopefully as I have never used either product).
    So any other general info or past experiences with either product is more than welcome. Shoot if there is another similar product out there mention it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard that people do not get the same results when trying to use Sonax on paint, but it could have been the vehicle or contaminants in the clear. I just used Iron X on my wheels inside and out after cleaning with AG CWC and it did an incredible job, too bad it stinks like crazy.

-Kody-

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently did a C4 vette that had some really bad Rail dust, or iron particles on the rear bumper, I dont have any Iron X yet, and clay bar would have take forever. So I used my Sonax and took some pictures of how well it did....

I clayed the car, and it was still there.

So I sprayed the Sonax on it.

Hope this answers some questions?
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric - that`s some expensive clay lube:devil:
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow thats amazing. I did not know you could use sonax on paint. Those results look promising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Quesada

"Success is not the key to happiness.
    Happiness is the key to success.
    If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful."
    - Albert Schweitzer

Post Thanks / Like
    :drool5:
    Great info.

So from what I am gathering so far, both products are really good. Iron X works great for paint, good for wheels, and needs to be used in a wind tunnel because of the fumes. Sonax is great on wheels, good on paint, and isn`t as bad fume wise.

A bottle of Iron X or Sonax would definitely have its place in a mobile detailers arsenal, but one could get by with just one or the other. I may try to get a smaller bottle of Iron X to try on stubborn particles that Sonax might not be able to get off.

Thanks for all the replies to this. Hope someone was able to learn something. I know it helped me, even if it just muddied the waters more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dpkilty View Post
    :drool5:
    Great info.

So from what I am gathering so far, both products are really good. Iron X works great for paint, good for wheels, and needs to be used in a wind tunnel because of the fumes. Sonax is great on wheels, good on paint, and isn`t as bad fume wise.

A bottle of Iron X or Sonax would definitely have its place in a mobile detailers arsenal, but one could get by with just one or the other. I may try to get a smaller bottle of Iron X to try on stubborn particles that Sonax might not be able to get off.

Thanks for all the replies to this. Hope someone was able to learn something. I know it helped me, even if it just muddied the waters more.
    Who said Sonax isn`t as bad fume wise?....lol
    It stinks. Kinda smells like rotten eggs, but it works great.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Who said Sonax isn`t as bad fume wise?....lol
    It stinks. Kinda smells like rotten eggs, but it works great.
    Awesome. I love rotten eggs. lol

Its just everything I have seen with both products, nobody really complains about Sonax. Whereas I have seen multiple people mention Iron X`s fumes being really bad. Either way they both stink. Ha.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information