Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is such a difference with the PPG and Klasse. The Klasse gives a reflection that is out of this world. Literaly I have to wear sunglasses when working on the car in sun because it is so bright. Snowblindess comes to mind. The pics in my sig are pretty good examples of Klasse and PPG. The Klasse made the car bright and reflective but the PPG made it absolutly glow. Really impressive.

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0OwCfGSkTPAmr2nrdvbFUOw7jV*navST41jKjAlZDkOV2x1xB3 D7rdsBbVeyYyph3DYuByV4NpgfMxyptU9zWq2qmK7!qkQHT/102-0271_IMG.JPG[/img]

Souveran is even better. Not only do I get a glow but I also get a reflection that is unbelievable. Especially on white. You know how hard it is to get white to reflect.

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0OAAAAAQUsS!AiwX1WnFqwywhBjhz2ASjCs!nhbW7EZ2!QYPw4 Mt*N4ObN3PPCSqZ3NXrPHdJIISVl3l3p8kjC1Bob3RvSUQ9/Hoodshine.JPG[/img]

White is a pretty selfish color. It just absorbs color and never gives any of it back. I guess that is why I`m so impressed with Klasse and Pinnacle. Blackfire gives really good reflection too. Blackfire was like Klasse with a layer of wax already. Really good stuff either way though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Now that`s what I call SHINE! Thanks again for your help guys...silly me thought that I couldn`t drive my car during applications and forgot that you can put on the SG layer after layer over time :p But hey...I`m n00b, what do you expect?

Post Thanks / Like
    In reading this there is one more suggestion that I might make. During this process, make sure that the scratches and swirls are gone or diminished to the point where you are satisfied. If you end up putting coats on SG and carnuba on a car that still has swirls underneath, you won`t be happy. So at each stage make sure that you are happy with the clarity of the paint. Because, you will be doing progressively less abrasive (swirl-fixing) processes.

If you are not happy with the clarity, come back and ask more questions. You`ll then get a whole host of action items to clear nagging swirls. These guys are never lacking in ways to make you spend more time and money on the detailing...

Post Thanks / Like
    arcticwhite,

I like the shine of PPG, but I would probably only use it on a garage queen. The durability of the stuff is pretty bad....like maybe around 2 weeks or less on a daily driver.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting those photos of a white finish with Klasse & PPG. :xyxthumbs It`s nice to have "visual aides".

Showroom: I know what you mean, waxes are never really great for durability. I just thought that if it added some depth to white, I`d be willing to put in the extra effort. I`ve actually never owned a white vehicle before, so this is all pretty new to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Jngrbrdman [/i]

Never Underestimate a 4-Door!!

</blockquote>
    Indeed my friend. Indeed.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xfour20x/...+IS300&.view=t

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Four20

Was looking at your pics and saw you have Xpel. How do you like it? My wife’s Subaru is/was getting stone chips on the front of the hood and was thinking that would have been a good idea. The hood got key a few weeks back so was seriously considering it after we get it repainted.

I just got my Blackfire from CMA, so weather permitting I’ll be doing that this weekend. Been totally happy with Klasse by got the itch to try the new stuff.

:xyxthumbs

SJS

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Sharkie! You were the one that was on IS300.net that recommended me to this site and to use Klasse! Thanks to you and my buddy, I am learning a whole lot! :up

The Xpel is great. I highly recommend getting it done as soon as you fix the imperfections. It is a great investment to make and you will not regret it. I have my hood, front bumper, headlights, foglights, and side-view mirrors done. I got it done the moment I drove it off the lot. It is barely noticeable, in fact, none of my friends or family knew I had it on until I showed them. The only visible part (only when standing off to the side of the car at an angle) is the line on the hood. The way I see it is, have a line on your hood that is barely noticeable, or have some chips?

The Xpel will be more visible on dark colored cars, and on a light colored car such as silver, it is practically invisible. This is one investment many car enthusiasts overlook whether it be lack of knowledge of the product, or the "line on the hood" bothers them too much. IMO, get it ASAP, you won`t be disappointed :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SJ Sharkie [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Hi Four20
    I just got my Blackfire from CMA, so weather permitting I’ll be doing that this weekend. Been totally happy with Klasse by got the itch to try the new stuff.
    [/b]</blockquote>
    I think you will be quite pleased with Blackfire. Take notice of the additional dust attraction, if any, that you experience. I`m curious to know if it is as common as I think it is. I wonder what causes it? Anyway, you are going to love Blackfire. One coat and you will love it. 3 or 4 is about maximum for that product though. I put 5 coats on my car and really didn`t see much of a change from the 4th to the 5th. No sense in wasting it. That stuff costs money.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Jngrbrdman [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

I think you will be quite pleased with Blackfire. Take notice of the additional dust attraction, if any, that you experience. I`m curious to know if it is as common as I think it is. I wonder what causes it? Anyway, you are going to love Blackfire. One coat and you will love it. 3 or 4 is about maximum for that product though. I put 5 coats on my car and really didn`t see much of a change from the 4th to the 5th. No sense in wasting it. That stuff costs money. [/b]</blockquote>
    Yeah looking forward to trying the Blackfire, glad you are pleased with the results. The car is a total dust magnet now, I can’t imagine it getting any worse. Especially at this time of the year, a good gust comes up and you see plumes of yellows dust coming off the pine tress that makes a beeline for newly washed vehicles. But I’ll keep an eye out and report back.

SJS

Post Thanks / Like

Iron X vs Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner

Since I am still a noobie with a lot of this, I have an interesting question about Iron X and Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner.
    Could they be used interchangeably? I realize Sonax is for wheels and Iron X is for painted surfaces, but they are both ph neutral and seem to do the same thing. They both even turn red upon contact with iron particles, and Sonax says its safe for all wheels. Painted wheels do have a baked on clear coat normally so I can see where it may damage softer clear coats possibly. Under that way of thinking would Iron X not be as potent if used on wheels since it is safer for softer clear coats? Just was wondering about this and figured I would ask the experts. It just seems redundant to me to have 2 cleaners that can do the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have heard, you can apply Iron X to both but Sonax just to wheels. I have used both products and Sonax works great on wheels, IronX works great on both paint and wheels. I would buy IronX because of being able to use on paint and wheels. I don`t clay a car with out it anymore. Bad ass product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. Thanks for the response. Maybe Sonax is formulated to react better to brake dust than just iron. The parking lot where I work is about 25 yards from train tracks. Trains go by about every 30 min or so. So I woould like to get Iron X to use before I clay my car. I already use Tarminator to get rid of other bugs and nasties. Hopefully Iron X will be the only product I need to buy as I try to keep the brake dust to a minimum on the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonax is formulated to remove not only the iron, but the break dust as well. IronX will only remove the iron particles imbedded in the paint or wheels.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Sonax is formulated to remove not only the iron, but the break dust as well. IronX will only remove the iron particles imbedded in the paint or wheels.
    Ok so say I were to use Sonax the same way as Iron X. Spray it on my hood and watch all the little iron particles turn red then rinse it off. Would I see much of a difference? Maybe a side by side test of the two is in order.

I feel awkward asking this as its almost like comparing apples to oranges. I realize Sonax is for wheels but who says it can`t be used on the rest of the car? Kind of like ONR as a clay lube. Not really its intended purpose but still well within is range of usefulness. I didn`t want to post the usual "which is better" question as I would like some background info on each product so others and I can make an informed decision about what product would work best for themselves.

Thanks for the replies hopefully this will turn into a useful thread. :biggrin:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information