Post Thanks / Like
    I want to detail my car this weekend to fix swirls but it is supposed to be cloudy and I don`t know how I can repair swirls if I can`t see them......

I used to detail in the sun to see the swirls that were there and the swirls that were removed. Have any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    a 1000 Watt halogen could "replace" the sun?

:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have the light or the money for the electric bill.

Looks like it is going to rain today and tomorrow, just great, guess no detailing and no car usage for another week.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use at least 500 watts of halogen lights, which costs $15 at Wal-Mart. You can get 1000 watts with stands for $35.

Sometimes what I do is park in the shade and do my work, then I will back out a few feet into the sun and see how I`m doing with the swirls. It does the trick.

Hey JoeD, quick! Post again! You have 666 posts! :scared
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I was paying attention to the post but I didn`t think I would hit 40 in such a short amount of time, guess I did.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Mini MagLite to find swirls when I`m working in my garage. I hold the light about two feet from the car and orient it so that you see just the bright reflection of the bulb itself in the car`s paint. You`d be surprised how well this works -- I actually find swirls this way that you can`t see in sunlight! And it`s cheap!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used this flashlight trick too. Except I used a 6 D cell mag lite for the car and the mini mag for the smaller places (engine, under the car, wheel wells) or wherever this big light would not fit. I also found better light bulbs for the mini mag over the factory ones. They are filled with Xenon and are much whiter than the factory bulb, but run time is diminished by an hour or two (but hey they are only two AA batteries.) This is when I do the night time work and such.

For the day time, I go with the work in the garage and then back up the car to see how well it is going, or if it is cool enough I work under the sun.

Other than carry a flash light, the halogens on the stands can be used. I saw some at K-mart. Nothing over $40.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Different uses for ONR

I am still new here, and have noticed many people using ONR for more than just rinseless washes. I know it can be used as a clay bar lube also. What are some of the other uses of this product? Having not used it before I am curious. I even had a thought about trying a small amount in a foam gun along with the soap, just to help increase the efficiency of the foam bath. Just wondering if that would be another good use for the product. I look forward to seeing any and all the replies for this... :spy:

Post Thanks / Like
    Door jambs.
    Interior wipedowns.
    glass cleaner.

Versatile product for sure.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    It also works well as a water softener. Put about an ounce into your rinse bucket as well as you wash bucket filled with regular car shampoo.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck91 View Post
    Door jambs.
    Interior wipedowns.
    I have thought about mixing up a batch using the 1oz per gallon of water ratio and pouring it into a spray bottle just for that type of thing.

Also I do a lot of car audio as another hobby of mine, thought about using this and a microfiber to do wipedowns on the audio equipment (subs, amps. etc) I can`t see anything in ONR that would be detrimental to their operation, plus they would look good too.

Post Thanks / Like

More uses

I use it on stainless steel appliances, audio, and computer components...ancing Dot:

Post Thanks / Like
    I clean my phone and laptop with it, both of which are now opti-coated
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    No chance of freezing in PHX so I use ONR and distilled water for my wiper fluid.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Thread Information