Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dust

Post Thanks / Like
    OG Watersprite.
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by blkZ28Conv [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>The P21S drying towel does not mold up or dry out. Those were the important features which lead me to purchase this synthetic chamois or others and natural chamois. It works great but requires a little technique to master efficient drying. [/b]</blockquote>
    You`re right, it doesnt get moldy or dry out, and I think it does a slightly better job of drying than the Absorber. However, the container that it comes in has sharp edges that will wear out the towel in short order. I`d recommend keeping it in a ziplock bag or some other sort of container..or file the edges of that P21 box. Others have complained about that container too. Otherwise a decent towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point RH. Thanks for the precaution. :bounce

Post Thanks / Like

<strong class=`bbc`>The P21S drying towel does not mold up or dry out. Those were the important features which lead me to purchase this synthetic chamois or others and natural chamois. It works great but requires a little technique to master efficient drying. [/b]</blockquote>
    blkZ28Conv, would you please explain your technique for using a P21S drying towel? I purchased one a couple weeks ago, but I can`t seem to get the hang of using it. The towel just sticks to itself like a big wad of scotch tape and doesn`t seem to pick up much water.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a blotting technic. When I do a final rinse I remove the hose head and allow the majority of the H2O to sheet off the car. I than blot with the flat P21S towel which absorbs the remaining water and follow with a 100% cotton towel. Using this method I avoid rubbing any solid material that may remain in the sheeted residue. When using the P21S in a rubbing motion I have found that it works best if it is slightly pre-saturated. This may require more wringing per panel but the slight amount of water seems to act as a lubricant and absorption stimulator. Sounds crazy but this is the same method I used for natural chamois. When this type of material is dry or only slightly moist it can be a pain to work with. Hang in there, when I first got my P21S drying towel I almost threw in the inactive shelve because of its similiarities to natural chamois. But after using the technics I mentioned plus the non-molding and non-drying storage properties of this product I saw the light. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

<strong class=`bbc`>When this type of material is dry or only slightly moist it can be a pain to work with. Hang in there, when I first got my P21S drying towel I almost threw in the inactive shelve because of its similiarities to natural chamois. But after using the technics I mentioned plus the non-molding and non-drying storage properties of this product I saw the light. Hope this helps. [/b]</blockquote>
    Thanks for the tips blkZ28Conv. The first few times I used it I`d rinsed it in warm water to "un-stick" the cloth from itself, then I wrung out all that I could before starting to dry the car. Next time, I`ll try to start with a slightly damper towel to see if that helps. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

dust

i have a black car and lord do i hate it. i wash it then a day later filled with dust. i jsut want to know what the pros do to rid there black cars of dust without adding swirls into the paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the black cars I own. Dust settles on every car, regardless of color. It`s more visible on black, and that`s an advantage. You take more precautions.

What is the source of this dust?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure of the source just want a way to remove it safely.

Post Thanks / Like
    sometimes i used my california duster and sometimes i use a microfiber and blackfire liquid touch up spray

Post Thanks / Like
    Ultima Waterless Wash can be your best friend. Use it as a QD and really soak it. It`s polycharged and a 16oz. bottle will yield you 5.5 gal. of QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    ya this is a common issue for many black car owners. this is my two cents. waterless car wash may or may not be wax based, however i suggest you look into a liquid carnauba wax based product. application is always tedious, you should use plenty of your wipe and shine product, and a quality micro fiber towel. be careful not to over-wet the towel as this will create an excess of wax build up and even be more of a hassle to remove safely, however, never under spray the paint surface as this will scratch upon wiping. i suggest you use two micro towels, one for your main application and removal, and a dry one for carefully wiping excess as this will always happen. if rags fill with product, replace them and move on. always keep in mind it really matters how abrasive the dust is, or how thick the dust is, never wipe a severely dust covered car down, idc what QD you use, its not good. good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dust-business_card.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    I use meguiars qd. But I normally just end up washing the car if it gets dusty. I was just looking for a say way to not always have to wash the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blk5.0 View Post
    I use meguiars qd. But I normally just end up washing the car if it gets dusty. I was just looking for a say way to not always have to wash the car.
    ya i know what you mean its a drag, i live in a mountainous area and it is hard to keep dust and pollen off my truck, its not black, but still a dark green. meguiars as you know make excellent wax products, thats a good choice. the way i said is one of the only ways to safely remove dust without water, other than that washing is your only option. keep your paint waxed and sealed, this will greatly help with the amount of dust that sticks to it in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well right now it has 2 coats of bfwd and two coats of natty boys blue Liquid wax

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information