Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone....

I bought some Lexol cleaner and condition at pepboys this week. They have the bottles for 7.99. Apparently, the conditions sells out quickly. I found the last bottle left in a different department. I chose Lexol based upon recommendations from carcareonline and from other detail sites. I couldn`t wait for the next Zaino groupby too.

So here goes the review.

I have a 2 month old 2002 911, with 700 miles and full black interior. Which means full leather dash, seats, door panels and center console. I`m most critical about the wrinkles on my seat bosters, which have wrinkles visible when looking at the seat from the doorway.

I applied the cleaner, as directed on a 4inch by 2 foot rag, folded into 4inchx4inch square. I took the rag, damped it and wrung out. Took three squirts of the cleaner. I wiped it onto the doorand was able to get a low lather, nothing more than small foaming that disipates quickly. I had to use another two squirts for the drivers seat. I wiped it off with a lightly damp cloth. It dries quickly to a flat medium grey color. For reference, the passengers seat looks like a dark grey color.

I waited about 5 minutes until everything was dry, then applied the conditioner with another cloth. This went on dark, about two full squirts for the door panel and about 4 squirts for the drivers seat, front and back. Applying first to the bolsters, where I wanted to give amply treatment.

The seats were dark black and glossy. I waited about an hour before coming back to the car...by now the gloss was gone, and a wipe with a dry cloth only evened out some glossy streaks.

In comparison with the passengers seat, it is now a dark black vs. dark grey. I`m happy most of all because the wrinkles are less evident from the drivers door...to see the defined lines, you have to stick your nose 6 inches from the seat. The faintest of lines appear where there was strong wrinkles. The door panel too is darker than the passenger door, but no wrinkles were present before.

I`m initially happy with lexol.

Post Thanks / Like

City VS Suburban

Going to try to explain my situation as short and understandable as possible. I use to run a shop but end up closing it last year and now this year I am planning in getting my butt in to college for Graphic Design and bring back my business but I am planning in going mobile this time.

I currently live in GA, and I never really liked it ever since I move down here from NY but I been hanging here ever since. Education comes first so I started looking for the college I am planning in attending and I found a decent university in Chicago. I was then planning in moving to Chicago to attend college there and once I was settle bring my mobile business in Chicago.

Now after trying to move over there I been having a problem which I dont want to talk about since is personal. So I may flight up there for 2 weeks to see if I solve the problem and move to Chicago. But now I also been taking in to consideration in maybe staying here in GA and bring back my detail business here and find a college here.

So now I am comparing Georgia to Chicago to see whats less expensive, easier, more profit to run my business. Georgia is mostly suburban as in house after house after house and so on. If is not a house is a big nice apartment complex. Chicago which I have family and friends there is more like a city somewhat suburban but not as much as GA.

Anyone here runs a business in Chicago or a city area? Looking to see if maybe you guys can help me come down to my final decision.

HELP!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, tough one to answer. I will comment...

Fly into Chicago and look down - it is all suburbia except for the central city.

Winters in the Chicago area can be brutal - forget serious detailing from November to mid-April.

Chicago isn`t called the windy city for no reason.

Pizza and hot dogs in Chicago are really good (so are various ethnic foods).

Cost of living Chicago vs Atlanta: need 17% to 18% MORE to live in Chicago.

I think (haven`t really researched) tuition in GA will be lower than in Chicago.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    Wow, tough one to answer. I will comment...

Fly into Chicago and look down - it is all suburbia except for the central city.

Winters in the Chicago area can be brutal - forget serious detailing from November to mid-April.

Chicago isn`t called the windy city for no reason.

Pizza and hot dogs in Chicago are really good (so are various ethnic foods).

Cost of living Chicago vs Atlanta: need 17% to 18% MORE to live in Chicago.

I think (haven`t really researched) tuition in GA will be lower than in Chicago.

Regards,
    GEWB
    First of all GEWB thanks for commenting anything helps after all at the end I`m going to gather all the info and trust my gut making a final decision I been practicing in trusting it so far I`m getting good at it.

I have visit Chicago so many times but never really went out. I haven`t even been to the central city lol but
    I have a lot of friends and family over there.

But I guess I`m going to have to book a trip next week. Yes looks like winter is getting brutal!!!!! Like ny more snow than ever this year.

That`s why I love Chicago weather is perfect Georgia is always very humid. Great food over there trust me I know lol that`s another thing I look at. There`s more ethnic groups of people over there.

You think it would be cheaper living and tuition cost in Atlanta??? I thought tuition was cheaper here in Atlanta from what I have researched.

I`m still living with my parents here in Atlanta.

Anybody else willing to pitch out some other points??

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t find GA very humid, not at all compared to FL, which I can`t stand.

GA does have tons of pollen and allergens though, so if you`re the allergic sort... your sinuses will hate you.

I also just don`t like the people/attitudes in GA as compared to Manhatten, but I haven`t been to Chicago, so can`t compare there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shizam1 View Post
    I don`t find GA very humid, not at all compared to FL, which I can`t stand.

GA does have tons of pollen and allergens though, so if you`re the allergic sort... your sinuses will hate you.

I also just don`t like the people/attitudes in GA as compared to Manhatten, but I haven`t been to Chicago, so can`t compare there.
    Florida is an awesome state but is hot as hell maybe worst lol thank God I`m not allergic so I`m good.

I`m from the Bronx, and trust me GA people are rude you just got to find away to get along with some of them. But overall a lot of nice people.

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

Post Thanks / Like
    Georgia people rude, I dont think so, as I`ve lived here for many years. Personally having spent time in Chicago, I would do a business here in ATL in a second, and am considering doing it on a part time basis. I live in one of the suburbs that you talked about, as the geographic area of `Atlanta` is now almost 100 miles from North to South, and about 70 miles from East to West.

Still learning, and why not check out some of the schools here, depending on what you want to get into, there are some outstanding junior college`s here in the area, not to mention Georgia Tech.

Good Luck in your pursuits

D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Truck View Post
    Georgia people rude, I dont think so, as I`ve lived here for many years. Personally having spent time in Chicago, I would do a business here in ATL in a second, and am considering doing it on a part time basis. I live in one of the suburbs that you talked about, as the geographic area of `Atlanta` is now almost 100 miles from North to South, and about 70 miles from East to West.

Still learning, and why not check out some of the schools here, depending on what you want to get into, there are some outstanding junior college`s here in the area, not to mention Georgia Tech.

Good Luck in your pursuits

D.
    Don`t take it personal darth but yea I mean there`s a lot of nice people I know in some areas. I`m looking to study graphic design. Just requested some info from savannah art school in Atlanta. The institute of art is ridiculous tuition cost. I don`t want college to be another high school experience. I hate taking course classes just want to jump straight to what I need to know. But I don`t mind taking a couple of them because there are going to be classes that needs to be taken but not as much as a tech school.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey a solution for you

Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA a block off I-75)is the 3rd largest in the state of GA. My wife`s sister graduated from there degreed in Graphic Design. My niece is there in pre-med and my daughter starts there next year. The best news is that you do not have to live on campus... man that can save 60% + of the cost of college. BTW my wife and her family here are all from Queens and we don`t find the northside rude.::

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by delder0 View Post
    Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA a block off I-75)is the 3rd largest in the state of GA. My wife`s sister graduated from there degreed in Graphic Design. My niece is there in pre-med and my daughter starts there next year. The best news is that you do not have to live on campus... man that can save 60% + of the cost of college. BTW my wife and her family here are all from Queens and we don`t find the northside rude.::
    I graduated from kmhs I had my graduation at ksu. For some reason I don`t feel comfortable attending ksu. I live like 40 min from it.

Thread Information