Post Thanks / Like
    ya yesterday I was doing a little ZFXing to the rear wheels, I had done a few coats to each, a friend that we havent seen in a while stoped by to see the new house, well to make a long story short we all decided to go out for a few and I for got about that little bit of Z5/ZFX that I had left in the bottle(prob bout 1oz) anyhoo I went out today to start on the Front wells and noticed that i had left it It was cool in the garage all night prob like 35 or so (it was 13 outside) After I got done with cleaning the wheels and the wheel wells I thought I would try the ZFX that had been in the bottle for atleast 24hrs on the front wheels that I had just cleaned..... I came out the same as it did yesterday LOOKING great!!!!!!!!!!! Dont know what this means but I thought that I would share
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    as long as it works, thats all that matters. Perhaps this means we should mix it up and refrigerate it after use?? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your Z5 is usable since it was not frozen. After 24 hours, the ZFX in your Z5 becomes useless and the Z5 returns to its normal state.

Post Thanks / Like

New meguiars da system

I was going to post this question in the q&a thread but I felt it was best put in here. I plan to buy the stater kit of meguairs new da system. I read n the q&a thread that if I plan to use bfwd that I need to wipe down the car with ISP after I have done both stages of the new system. Now I was not sure what ISP was so I found out.

Now my question is I just get ISP and put in a spray bottle and wipe it off with a microfiber towel? Then apply bfwd? And I not 100% sure how to dilute things. Were u need so many parts of this to so many parts of another (ex 10:1) how do u measure out two different parts. Is there a certain tool to make sure ur getting the right ratio of product?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk5.0 View Post
    I was going to post this question in the q&a thread but I felt it was best put in here. I plan to buy the stater kit of meguairs new da system. I read n the q&a thread that if I plan to use bfwd that I need to wipe down the car with ISP after I have done both stages of the new system. Now I was not sure what ISP was so I found out.

Now my question is I just get ISP and put in a spray bottle and wipe it off with a microfiber towel? Then apply bfwd? And I not 100% sure how to dilute things. Were u need so many parts of this to so many parts of another (ex 10:1) how do u measure out two different parts. Is there a certain tool to make sure ur getting the right ratio of product?
    I think you mean IPA and not ISP. IPA stands for Isopropyl Alcohol. Here is a link that will explain it pretty well.
    http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/sh...ad.php?p=53119
    As fir how to measure, most spray bottles that you find in Lowes or Home Depot, will have dilution ratios marked on the bottle. Just pour the IPA to the desired line, and fill the rest with distilled water.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I think you mean IPA and not ISP. IPA stands for Isopropyl Alcohol. Here is a link that will explain it pretty well.
    http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/sh...ad.php?p=53119
    As fir how to measure, most spray bottles that you find in Lowes or Home Depot, will have dilution ratios marked on the bottle. Just pour the IPA to the desired line, and fill the rest with distilled water.
    O sry ipa is correct and thanks a bunch for the info

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t `need` to wipe the surface with IPA, although it is a good choice if you are going to use a synethic sealant. It will, in all likelyhood, help the BFWD adhere better to the paint.

The `wax` in the DA Microfiber system is really easy to strip, and you won`t need a strong solution. I would recommend getting 70% alcohol and diluting 1:1 with distilled water, for about a 35% ratio of alcohol. As long as you are somewhat close you will be fine.

We sell a graduated spray bottle that makes mixing simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is just my opinion, but if you plan to apply BFWD anyway, why not use a dedicated finishing polish after the D300 instead of the D301? You will likely have a better end result, and you won`t have to subject the paint to a harsh IPA wipe down, which can potentially mar the finish.

M205, 106fa, PO85RD have all work well for me after the D300 compound.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    This is just my opinion, but if you plan to apply BFWD anyway, why not use a dedicated finishing polish after the D300 instead of the D301? You will likely have a better end result, and you won`t have to subject the paint to a harsh IPA wipe down, which can potentially mar the finish.

M205, 106fa, PO85RD have all work well for me after the D300 compound.
    If I chose that route and used m205 then I would use a black pad since i already took care of the swirls with the d300. Since using m205 with orange pad would help remove what was already removed? Another question could I just do step one then use any other type of polish such as deep crystal or etc.. Or even skip the polish stage and just add dfwd?

( I`m new to detailing and do want to go pro so I`m not sure on combos sorry if I sound like a noob)

Just want to thank all of y`all for all the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk5.0 View Post
    If I chose that route and used m205 then I would use a black pad since i already took care of the swirls with the d300. Since using m205 with orange pad would help remove what was already removed? Another question could I just do step one then use any other type of polish such as deep crystal or etc.. Or even skip the polish stage and just add dfwd?

( I`m new to detailing and do want to go pro so I`m not sure on combos sorry if I sound like a noob)

Just want to thank all of y`all for all the help.
    No problem.

Yes, you would follow up D300 with M205 or 106fa on a foam pad like the black LC.

The D301 is meant to kill two birds with one stone by being both a finishing polish and a wax all in one. This is great for high volume shops, client`s not wanting perfection, or someone who`s simply on a tight budget. It`s also great for ones personal car if they want to minimize the time polishing and waxing.

However, if you want the best possible finish with long lasting protection, you will almost always have better results doing each step individually with dedicated products rather then using an all in one (AIO) type of product....at least when there is correction involved.

Which finishing polish and pad combo you use to follow up after the D300 compound will depend on how well it finishes down. On some paints, especially light colors you could go right to wax (BFWD) if it finished down really well, but you will likely still see an improvement by following it up with a finishing polish first, and that`s what I`d suggest doing.

Honestly, I have yet to need anything more than M205 or 106fa on a black or tangerine foam LC pad to follow up with after D300 as it tends to finish down very well on most paints.

Hope that clears up what I was trying to say.

Rasky
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been into car and now I curse the day I got a black car. I was never this bad. Now I have a problem. Lol

Thread Information