Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone used this stuff? How would it compare to all the favorites? Anything special about it?

Was thinking of using PC with the #3 to get out small scratches from claying and what have you on a 1 year old car. It`s kind of expensive and of course Griots says its the best thing since the wheel.......nah, they are way smarter than the Meguiars phone team, I won`t go there.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best of Show wax seems good to me, I have used it in the past for door jambs, under the hood/trunk, etc. and have liked it. Cant say for environmental endurance/etc as these are not `high traffic` areas.

Can`t say about the #3 machine polish, as I have never used griots prep products. I can say however that their #3 is the `fine cut` (minimally aggressive) polish so it SHOULD be no problem for your 1 year old paintjob.

Post Thanks / Like
    I havn`t used the polish but i really want to try it out as it sounds interseting. As for the wax, i prefer Blitz more. The Griots has a very warm, soft look to it, where the Blitz is deeper, wetter look, both are great though. I did find though that the Griots was harder to apply/remove than the ever so easy Blitz.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am curious to try this too. Do you think there would be any harm to try this on a 1 year old finish that just needs some prep before wax? I was going to clay, polish, wax. This is there finest polish. Think it could hurt anything. I am so obessive about this stuff!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I Used both products with a PC on my old 96 VW Golf GTi. That car didn`t have a clearcoat for whatever reason but when I was done it looked like you could swim in my hood. I feel pretty comfy with Griot`s stuff even though it is overpriced. I have bought many of their products including that $80 hose nozzle which btw is over 3 years old and still performs like new.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe,

Did the #3 polish remove any of the swirl marks if you had any? I`ve got real fine ones all over my car. I have read on some boards that this is inevitable no matter what you do, but I wonder if this product could help to prep them out prior to waxing.

Do you still use the stuff or something else?

Post Thanks / Like
    It did remove the swirls with my PC. I don`t use it any longer cuz I don`t have swirls. This is the finish I have to put up with now

I`m sure you will be fine with it. Just follow the directions and if there is not enough reduction, do it again.

Good luck and let me know if you need any other help.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe, looks good! Did you use Griots Power Polish #3 to remove the swirls?

Rod

Post Thanks / Like
    No the car was brand new so I just use the PPCL on it with a white pad on my Porter Cable.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that the #3 polish is slightly more agressive than a typical paint cleanser lotion (like PPCL, P21S PCL, Zymol HD Cleanse, etc).

Not quite as agressive as a SMR, but not as mild as the ones listed above. It`s a decent product, but a tad overpriced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you actually used it? Would you hesitate to use it on a finish that is 1 year old? How do these paint cleaner lotions remove swirls without rubbing?

Post Thanks / Like

Removing swirls from glossy plastic??

How do you remove the swirl marks from the glossy plastic that is on the door of my car? I tried to take a photo but this is the best I have been able to do.....The light has to be just right and the swirls look bad....most of the time you can not see them....

Thanks
    Dave
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,
    Just polish it just like any other part of the car. Use a 4" white pad or Hydrotech Tangerine pad, and try using something like M205. The plastic is pretty soft, so no need to be to aggressive with it. Take your time, and it should come out great.

Let us know how it turns out.:-c
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Dave,
    Just polish it just like any other part of the car. Use a 4" white pad or Hydrotech Tangerine pad, and try using something like M205. The plastic is pretty soft, so no need to be to aggressive with it. Take your time, and it should come out great.

Let us know how it turns out.:-c
    Thanks Barry...
    I`m putting together an order now and I wanted to make sure I had this plastic covered....
    I have 3 ea hydro-tech cyan & tangerine pads, m205, clay and some other things sitting in a cart waiting to pull the trigger.....but i`m waiting for some soap to come back in stock.....
    I am hoping to detail and post some pictures, before and after, in the near future.....

Dave
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDaze View Post
    Thanks Barry...
    I`m putting together an order now and I wanted to make sure I had this plastic covered....
    I have 3 ea hydro-tech cyan & tangerine pads, m205, clay and some other things sitting in a cart waiting to pull the trigger.....but i`m waiting for some soap to come back in stock.....
    I am hoping to detail and post some pictures, before and after, in the near future.....

Dave

Dave, I would consider some seperate pads (or doing this step last) as some plastics will `bleed` color like single stage paint which can stain the pad. Also make sure to tape up around the windows and trim. Looking forward to the before and after pics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information