Post Thanks / Like
    Is it OK to use different products of the same type on PC pads? For example could I use IHG and #7 on the same pad without cleaning.:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t do that but hey I`m picky. It is nice to have extra applicators and the velcro style pads are easy to interchange. The pads are easy to hand wash but they typically take a day to airdry before they are suitable for more use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you can. As long as the products don`t react with each other you would be fine.

I would definitely wash the pad unless I was in a huge hurry and had a good reason not to . . I got 2 pads of each type so that I wouldn`t have to wait for pads to dry. I plan to use:

1 cutting pad for harsh fi-ii type compounds

1 cutting for smr type

1 grey for PPCL/ P21S cleansers

1 grey for AIO

Just my preference :nixweiss

If I had the cash I would get a new pad for every single compound I use, but I`m a PC newbie and I`m cheap . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you determine whether products will react to each other? Obviously wax and polishes/abrasives dont mix but does a 3m polish react to a meguiars? By the way I didnt really plan on not washing between uses, but in my experience with foam hand applicators its seems impossible to fully clean them(especially the smell).

Post Thanks / Like
    Just refound this thread and was wondering if anyone can answer my question in the previous post.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always wash between uses, especially since I just detailed a black car with no clearcoat. That really gives you a feeling for just how much paint you`re removing! :scared

I`m not too scared of things reacting. Just try not to mix a more abrasive product with a lesser -- i.e. FI2 with PPCL. Other than that you would be fine . . . IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Ford Focus Clear

Hey everyone,

I had a quick question for ya guys. I purchased a `03 ford focus svt before winter and just gave it a quick clay and hit it up with some D151. I want to give it a good polish this spring.

How tough is the clear? I figure it`s in the middle of the road. Just looking for advice on what kind of combos would work great.

Thanks,

Zach

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to say, been awhile I touch a Focus lately. Always try the least aggressive way to find out when your starting on a finish you don`t know about.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few new polishes to give a shot and go from there then. Thanks for the response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure on an 03, but I`ve done two 2010`s and they both had very hard clears. Menzerna PO203 worked well on it with an LC green pad.
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

`08 Focus Last week

Used M105 on worst RIDS and swirls and 205 finished everything else great. :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the ideas guys. I haven`t used any menzerna polishes since pac introduced them. I`ve used m105/205 quite a bit, but the oils in 2-5 kinda bug me sometimes. Maybe I just got a bad batch or something.

I ordered some system 51 polish and I`ll have to give it a try. It`s water based and I like easy clean up.

Keep the ideas flowing

Thread Information