Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    vehicle was purchased a little over a year ago and only had 800 miles on it... since then nothing has been done to it. I am finally able to get my hands on it and get something done to it. i do remember seeing the spots right after the owner had got it so they were on there when bought

they are all over the vehicle including some randomly on top... i just tried getting pics but they just wont show up... lol

I had done another white car before but definitely had none of these on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Are there more of these spots on the sides like behind the wheelwells on the fenders, or are they all over including the top of the vehicle?

Do you have any idea of the history of the vehicle? Detailed every year, never detailed in its life, etc..?

If it looks like brown spots and they dont come out easily even with clay, they might very well be embedded sintered iron, etc., from brakes, maybe even from when the vehicle came in off the rail car if it was delivered by rail.

Believe there is a product sold here that helps remove these iron particles, and if not, there is a product for this at detailed bliss dot com.

I have done a few white vehicles but never had the pleasure of meeting these little critters you speak of yet..
    Good luck with this !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Just thought of something else - its a big hit over here in the Great NorthWet -
    artillery fungus - attacks shiny objects and attaches itself so hard that its almost impossible to remove, I have had to remove it sometimes with Goof-Off and lots of Qtips. These little suckers are also brown, and clay doesnt always shear them off either. but the Goof-Off will eventually get them off.

Believe the name of a product that removes iron particles from paint is called IronX, Google will help you find out more about this type of product..

Believe its some type of a nasty smelling soap like substance you rub all over the car, wait for it to turn a certain color where it is attacking the embedded iron particles, and then wash and rinse, something like that...
    Good luck
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Good advice Dan. Why Ryan first told me I thought it was rail dust. I would have suggested a more aggressive clay, or IronX/Iron Cut to remove the particles. It is possible it may be removable by chemical means too.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, use a aggressive clay bar like Meguiars C2100 Aggressive clay bar ( be careful using it ) or IronX from our great friends at Polished Bliss in Scotland. If you do go to them tell them Angelo at ProperAutoCare send you!

http://http://www.properautocare.com/meprdeclag.html
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information