Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Man I hate my driveway...it is too narrow..that is when I step out of my truck I step into the grass

This means everytime I get in I bring in dirt GRRRRRRRRRRRR

ANyone installed pavers next to the driveway to widen it or any other tips???

Post Thanks / Like
    You could back into the driveway and step off onto the concrete. I think I remember seeing a picture of your driveway, that would work, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    than the GF would track crap in even though she knows I am nuts about clean...if anyone is gonna walk in the dirt and get in my truck it will be me.....

Wanna buy my house???

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of thoughts:

1) Get rid of GF or make her sit in the cargo area (joke...)

2) Repave as you suggested

3) Get a very dense semi-short grass that would keep dirt from getting to the surface

4) Put a floormat on the grass where you park your truck so that you can wipe your feet before getting in. Finally you have some use for those Nutria pelts!

Post Thanks / Like
    HEHEHEHE!!!!! Well it is for sale so maybe I can tough it out...But dayum I hate it when I just cleaned the inside then I track crap in it!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed! Since the affordable floormats I have seen do not fit my car right, I use a towel that`s the same color as my mats and cover my floormat with it when it`s raining or whenever anyone else drives the car. This coupled with Scotch-Gard on the mats and plastic bags for overly cruddy shoes keeps it pretty clean . . .

Good luck selling the house! Are you moving to snow country with FLONI?

Post Thanks / Like
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO snow for this sunshine bird!!!! Same town smaller house hopefully larger garage.

Towels good idea..plus I have HD rubber MATS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean, single car garage, and 3 cars.

Plan on a little expansion this year when spring arrives. Hey less grass to mow, more time to spend on cars. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi buldog,

What do you plan to do to the garage? I know there are some real garage fanatics around here, if you`re doing big expansion you may wish to check this thread for things to look into!

EDIT: Where did that thread go? I swear there was a thread here where people gave someone advice on building a new garage. . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I`m probably more into driveways than most people. The way my house is designed and situated in a cul-de-sac what you see when looking at my house from the street is primarily the driveway and garage doors. Since that`s the case last year I had a new driveway poured with exposed aggregate and a red brick border. It also has four large diamond shapes with inlaid bricks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also used a diamond pattern on my garage doors` windows so the driveway and the doors look good together.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only have two options. One just widen the driveway itself so that cars can be parked over to one side so that I can drive in & out freely without having to move em out of the way first. That`s not bad during the summer but during the winter I have to clean off the snow and ice first prior to movin.

The second is to extend my garage out thru the back and at least have room for two inside. Can`t make it a standard 2 car have no room on the side. Time for a new house.
    05_Dakota Laramie-Red

04_Pontiac Vibe-Black

Post Thanks / Like
    May I suggest interlocking paving stones, like from Pacific Interlock Paving Stone in San Jose... prettier than anything except cobble stone.

http://www.pacinterlock.com/

I do suggest one pours a concrete curb to place them in. We`ve done numerous expanses of the stuff for ourselves and neighbors and it`s always beautiful. I`ve personally seen expanses of "honeycomb" "keystone" and "Roma".

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Short Cut

Ok I`m probably more into driveways than most people. The way my house is designed and situated in a cul-de-sac what you see when looking at my house from the street is primarily the driveway and garage doors. Since that`s the case last year I had a new driveway poured with exposed aggregate and a red brick border. It also has four large diamond shapes with inlaid bricks.

Wow,, that looks really good... me likee

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by buldog

I only have two options. One just widen the driveway itself so that cars can be parked over to one side so that I can drive in & out freely without having to move em out of the way first. That`s not bad during the summer but during the winter I have to clean off the snow and ice first prior to movin.

The second is to extend my garage out thru the back and at least have room for two inside. Can`t make it a standard 2 car have no room on the side. Time for a new house.

uhhhh, time for a new house.. then you can get the garage of your dreams.. right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information