Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 31st330i [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>well, in my case, the meguiar`s support person that I spoke to volunteered (before knowing that both of my cars were white) that he prefers the #20 on his white car. If I don`t completely switch to Zaino or Klasse, I`ll be replentishing with #20. zaino is really tempting at this point but a lot more money than the meguiar`s. [/b]</blockquote>
    I hear you on the price issue. I can get No. 20 locally for $12 a bottle. Yes, I said $12 a bottle, plus local sales tax. That`s a lot lower than the $16 a bottle plus shipping I see on the web.

Klasse, Zaino, and Blackfire are probably great, but with two Meguiars sources ten minutes from my house, and as inexpensive as the local pricing is, there`s no way I`m going to switch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you get your #20 locally? Is it at an auto parts chain like Pep Boys, or do you go to a body paint shop? $12 a bottle is superb!
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    Pep boys has it.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Chuckmotor [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Where do you get your #20 locally? Is it at an auto parts chain like Pep Boys, or do you go to a body paint shop? $12 a bottle is superb! [/b]</blockquote>
    I get it from a local auto parts chain called Murray`s Auto Parts, and also from a body paint shop called Painters Supply. Both of them are around $12 ~ $12.99 per bottle. Figure Michigan`s wonderful 6% sales tax, and it`s still a bargain compared to Klasse, Blackfire, and Zaino. Frankly, with No. 20, and a No. 26 paste wax topper, I`m not sure I could tell the difference from any of the others, and I sure am not spending as much money.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Len_A [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

I get it from a local auto parts chain called Murray`s Auto Parts, and also from a body paint shop called Painters Supply. Both of them are around $12 ~ $12.99 per bottle. Figure Michigan`s wonderful 6% sales tax, and it`s still a bargain compared to Klasse, Blackfire, and Zaino. Frankly, with No. 20, and a No. 26 paste wax topper, I`m not sure I could tell the difference from any of the others, and I sure am not spending as much money. [/b]</blockquote>
    yep, Murray`s at 12 bucks, and I use Finishmaster sometimes too (get all my 3M stuff from them, as well as my meguiar`s PC pads)..... they are I believe 13 for the same product.

Post Thanks / Like
    carquest carries all the Meguiar`s pro line, and 3M stuff too, as well as other products.

Josiah

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Len_A [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I hear you on the price issue. I can get No. 20 locally for $12 a bottle. Yes, I said $12 a bottle, plus local sales tax. That`s a lot lower than the $16 a bottle plus shipping I see on the web.

Klasse, Zaino, and Blackfire are probably great, but with two Meguiars sources ten minutes from my house, and as inexpensive as the local pricing is, there`s no way I`m going to switch. [/b]</blockquote>
    I know I`m splitting hairs here but that`s why we`re here.... to geek out on detailing. :p

anyway, convenience and price may win out in the end and I may stay with meguiar`s (moving from medallion to #20).

Post Thanks / Like

Noobie BFWD user Q`s

My first post. I`m stoked in getting my BF Reference Kit after reading raving reviews. I have 2 questions I need help with before using it please:

1) I just polished a car about a month ago using some stuff called Nano (liquid polish). Now trying the BF Sealant, is it best to use the clay to help remove the old Nano polish, or do I just polish over it with the BF polish then Seal it?

2) There`s a waiting period (8-12 hours) after applying the sealant before using the BF wax. Here in FL beachside we have salt in the air 24-7 that coats everything, even in the garage. Is it safe to throw a sheet over the newly applied sealant areas or will it leach into the sheet. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonnell View Post
    My first post. I`m stoked in getting my BF Reference Kit after reading raving reviews. I have 2 questions I need help with before using it please:

1) I just polished a car about a month ago using some stuff called Nano (liquid polish). Now trying the BF Sealant, is it best to use the clay to help remove the old Nano polish, or do I just polish over it with the BF polish then Seal it?
    Is this the Menzerna Nano Polish? If yes, this is just a polish; it`s not a sealant. There`s nothing to remove. Wash your car and apply BWD.

2) There`s a waiting period (8-12 hours) after applying the sealant before using the BF wax. Here in FL beachside we have salt in the air 24-7 that coats everything, even in the garage. Is it safe to throw a sheet over the newly applied sealant areas or will it leach into the sheet. Any info is appreciated.
    I don`t know about the sheet. I`d probably either quick detail the car or just wash it again (probably the latter) before applying the Midnight Sun. But I do not have any experience with detailing cars at the beach.

Have fun. You are going to love the Fire & Ice look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on getting BlackFire Products ! They are really good at what they are designed for.

If you already clay bar`d the car and then polished it very recently, then you are good to go. If you have never claybar`d the car, then this would be very helpful in removing alot of gunk out of your paint, leave it much more smoother, and allow the BFWD to stick better to the paint.

Normally, we would wash, claybar, paint correct, polish, maybe jewel the paint, and then apply the wax, sealant, etc., in layers as required.

Yes, it would be good to know exactly what the "Nano" polish is - is this from the Prima Label of products ?

You can actually put the BlackFire Midnight Sun after 8 hours of applying the BlackFire Wet Diamond, believe it says this on the back of the bottle.
    I think it says something like - wait 8 hours or overnight -

I also agree with Akimel and many others, that the look of both these products is going to be amazing, as long as you have prepared the finish properly beforehand.

These products really bring metallic paint to life as well as any solid color - pretty hard to beat !

Good luck with your project, if you have time, or need further questions/comments to bounce off of someone, the light is always on.

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Great advise that you have already received here. I agree with everything stated above.

Now, as a user of the BFWD and Midnight Sun combo, I must say that it will absolutely blow you away. The looks are second to none.

Let us know how it turns out, and try to post some pictures if you can.

Oh, one more thing. Welcome to TID!!!!
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick replies! The `Nanowax` is an Eagle One product I got from a local autopart store nearby. The plastic bottle advertisement says `first Wax and polish with nanotechnology`, but that`s about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonnell View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies! The `Nanowax` is an Eagle One product I got from a local autopart store nearby. The plastic bottle advertisement says `first Wax and polish with nanotechnology`, but that`s about it.
    I checked out the Eagle One website and read about its NanoWax. It appears to be a synthetic/carnauba product. The optimal procedure would be to go over the car with a pre-wax cleanser or do an IPA wipedown; but I suspect that you can apply BFWD immediately to the surface without any problems whatsoever. It`s not a finicky product. Quite frankly, that`s what I would do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, thanks for researching the Nanowax. I decided to stand down after washing my car today. The beads were good so I decided to do my other car which will probably be next week.

I decided I needed to do a little more research on pad use (only ever used cheapo 99cent pads), and use of buffer (never used one). There`s some good info on this forum. But I have to say the BF wash was great! Never had to hit with spray to suds it up after initial fill.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information