Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    okay so maybe I can wax the wheels on my BMW 330i but what about the wheels on my Forester?

here`s a pic:

basically, the Forester wheels appear to be lathe cut, the cut outs painted gray and then clear coated (don`t have the car here so I can`t run out and check for sure).

1) does anyone know if I can wax the Subaru wheels?

2) for those of you who wax your wheels do you EVER use a wheel cleaner? if so, does it remove the wax?

3) does anyone water down the P21S wheel cleaner (say 50/50) to make it last longer?

4) how does Eimann Fabrik High Intensity compare to the P21S wheel cleaner?

thanks everyone for the answers so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Your wheels are most likely clear coated. You can wax your wheels and I advise you to do so. I would not use carnuba wax on them, simply because it does not hold up due to the high temperature conditions the wheels are exposed to. I would use a synthetic polymer sealant on your wheels. If you want a CHEAP way out, use nu finish.........

2. I don`t use any wheel cleaners. I use zaino on my BMW wheels, and the slickness and protection makes them a breeze to clean. I use car wash and a sponge with every wash (weekly) and they come clean as ever....and these BMW brakes dust like crazy! I suggest you use a wheel cleaner and then apply some sealant and clean your wheels with car wash during your washing routine. Only use wheel cleaner when you have to, and then follow up with a coat of protection.

3. Never heard of anyone doing that.....

4. EFHI seems to be the crowd favorite.

<

Post Thanks / Like
    I know waxing the wheels will work on the bimmer but just need to find out if it will work on the Subie wheels.

<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`> I would use a synthetic polymer sealant on your wheels. [/b]</blockquote>
    would Klasse All in One do the trick?

Post Thanks / Like
    I detailed my co-worker`s Forrester once and I know what you mean about the rims. They way they are designed makes them a bit tricky to seal. Some Autopians take the wheels completely off their cars to make it easier to give them a thorough cleaning and sealing. If that isn`t convenient, then just seal the areas you can, expecially the visible areas.

I`ve never tried P21S, so I couldn`t tell you how it compares to EFHI. I like EFHI because it can be used not only on your wheels and tires, but also on your engine, wheel wells, trunk and door jambs or anyplace on your car that needs a good cleaning. I also use it around the house too.

Reseal your rims with a polymer every 2-3 months or when it starts to get difficult to clean with just soap. Only use wheel cleaner when you are planning to re-apply sealant.

AIO works fine, but I would use SG.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    DETAILKING,what tires are on your BMW?
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    225/45/17`s

Why?

Post Thanks / Like
    like the way they look going to 17`s on my car and cant decide between con. or mich. tire which con sports are they there are several and what speed rating are v,z? thanks are con sport contact or are they the contact 2
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with DK on Zing the wheels. Because I keep my car covered and QD every day, it had been a month until I recently washed my car. The dirt came right off the wheels, just with Z7 (the auto shampoo).

Post Thanks / Like

Retailers in Chicago area

Are there any retail locations near Chicago where I could go buy some higher end products?

Somewhere with obviously more to offer than a PepBoys, AutoZone, etc.

To be specific I`d like to know where I could get buffing pads, but it would be nice to know if needed I could buy supplies locally without waiting for shipping in a pinch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Truth In Detailing kbulava85, I don`t know business up in Greater Chicago area, but with our great Halloween Sale there`s something for everyone ( 15% OFF and Free Shipping ). So take advantage of it and save! :wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the reply mazda. I will be placing an order this month actually. I was just hoping for future reference to know where if in a pinch I could get supplies locally if I needed to finish a detail.

Are they any detailers in my area looking for help? I am located in Mundelein but I`m willing to travel. Most the shops I know of focus more on quantity over quality. I figure if I was gonna find anyone who focuses on quality my chances are best on here.

I was recently laid off of my day job and am available full time. Have experience in wet sanding and swirl/scratch removal.

Post Thanks / Like

Google

Google Auto Body Supplies, Auto Paint Supplies etc with your city name/nearby cities and you should find something.

Post Thanks / Like
    just order 2-3 days in advance from PAC and you will get it fast!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, with our great SALE and FREE UPS shipping to the greater Chicago area in 3 days, why be looking around while you can get your detailing supplies from your friends at ProperAutoCare.com from your home computer or call us at 800-628-7596.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I highly doubt you`ll find anywhere local with a selection like PAC has, and with a sale going on, it`s a good time to stock up on products and supplies.
    Marc Harris from autoLavish Detailing of Michigan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information