Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Under "The Perfect Shine" article he saies to use Carnauba wax over the Klasse Glaze. From reading this board I get the idea that no one here is doing that. Has anyone tried it and how are the results?

Post Thanks / Like
    A bunch of people here top their Klasse with Carnuba..

Search "topper" and I bet a 20 threads show up if not more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe - lots of people top Klasse with carnauba - as a matter of fact, I posted a review of the P21S Paste Wax just a few hours ago - check this out:

P21S Paste Wax Review

Honestly - I think that Klasse benefits from a carnauba topper. Why is it that Zaino folks don`t and Klasse people do? Dunno - some people say it`s because Zaino`s optically perfect . I think it`s just a placebo effect - we just enjoy waxing the cars so much, we need to throw more stuff on it

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m guilty of using Souveran over Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blitz. Peste glaze, Souveran and P21S all look so sweet on klasse.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m tempted, awfully tempted, but for now I am resisting so I can just continue to add more layers of SG I only have two coats on now anyway, so I figure at least a couple more before I consider a carnuba topper.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    After my last detail, in the fall (winter weather is here now) I used Pinnacle Souveran and it was pretty cool.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone used both #26 and Blitz or P21S over Klasse for a comparison. I am presently do an experiment with #26 over Zaino and the results are excellent. I would like to know if the Blitz or P21S are better. Applying #26 on Zaino is quite easy because of the slickness of the finish and has no effect on the glossiness except adding depth and richness to my black finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just posted a review in the reviews section of P21S on my ML320, as a topper to Klasse.

I had previously waxed one of the fenders with #26.

Let me say - although I`m a longtime fan of #26 (I`ve probably been using it for about 5 years now), the P21S won me over, thus far. It was much easier to apply, didn`t leave a single residue on my black trim (which, on my truck, there`s TONS of) and was shinier than the #26. Ease of application isn`t even close - #26 is a bit of a bear to apply and worse to remove, while the P21S was a walk through the park to put on and take off.

The question now is durability - I find #26 to be pretty durable (granted, I`ve never tried Blitz, which is supposed to be the leader in that respect). I heard some other mentions, including thewaxtest.com website, that P21S was pretty durable as far as carnauba went. I`ll be checking those panels (the left fender is still #26 only) to see how durability measures up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I will order some P21S from CMA ( got to support the sponsors )and try it over Zaino. I just love getting stuff in the mail and trying new products.

Just ordered. Might as well take advantage of the 15% discount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the pics in my link. I use Pinnacle Paste Glaz as a topper for my Klasse. Check the reflection and shine on some of those pictures. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 100% convinced that the most popular combo here on the board over the last 2 years has to be Klasse followed by a carnauba topper. It is extremely popular as it gives you outstanding results. Give it a try. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Don2000* is right. Its the best combo in town. I found Klasse or Blackfire with Zymol Estate Glaze gives you an outstanding finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Neutralizing Water

For those of us that do not have the luxury to use a filtered water tank, how can I neutralize tap water from a hose when I fill buckets. I read online somewhere that this is a good way to prevent water spots and make the water safer on paint. Is this even necessary, and if it is how can I do it? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlet View Post
    For those of us that do not have the luxury to use a filtered water tank, how can I neutralize tap water from a hose when I fill buckets. I read online somewhere that this is a good way to prevent water spots and make the water safer on paint. Is this even necessary, and if it is how can I do it? Thanks
    I would love an answer on this as well. Everytime I wash a car, I have water spots. You can use ONR in both your wash bucket and your rinse bucket, but that doesn`t help the water coming from your hose.:banghead:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information