Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    it seems to have more of a carnuba muted shine. Many people prefer this shine and the product seems to deliver as promised. If you want more of a reflective shine that mimicks custom paint, try out zaino. You might not be able to match the reflective properties of black, but you might come close. This vette is actually dark green..........take a look.

http://www.fototime.com/F92A00880D6EDCB/orig.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    That Jetta .... WOW.... I hope that you post site on photopoint with all of your best pics soon !!!!

:up
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    That Jetta is beautiful. He should send that picture to Sal to put on the pics page.

It is the pictures like that one that have convinced me to try Zaino when it warms up a little.

Black Cherokee in need of a lot of work.

Post Thanks / Like
    DK,

Yeah, it looks like I`m going to try out Zaino because my dark green Accord looks black most of the time. It looks black when the sun is not directly shining on it. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I should be able to achive good results with the Klasse package that CMA sells right? So I`ll apply the SMR and AIO with the PC and then apply the SG by hand right? When I apply by hand should I use the front to back motion and remove the same way? Sorry for all of the questions... I just want to get it right. Thanks again for all of the replies.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are prepping with SMR and you are satisified with how the paint looks when you are finished, and there is no micro marring to remove, I would skip the AIO and just layer on a few coats o SG if KLASSE is the system that you are going to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by OLD GTI GUY [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I should be able to achive good results with the Klasse package that CMA sells right? So I`ll apply the SMR and AIO with the PC and then apply the SG by hand right? When I apply by hand should I use the front to back motion and remove the same way? Sorry for all of the questions... I just want to get it right. Thanks again for all of the replies. :up [/b]</blockquote>
    Yeah that is a good plan and I know it will work. However DETAILKING makes an interesting proposition about skipping the AIO step. Personally I have always used the AIO before the SG because I thought that was the way it was supposed to be done. However AIO and SMR are similar in that they both leave your paint very smooth. If I was going to skip the AIO step I would be sure to wash the car after the SMR so that the SG wouldn`t have trouble bonding to the oils left behind by the SMR.

If you do skip the AIO step I`d be curious to find out how it turns out for you. Matter of fact I want to know how it turns out either way. Post pics if you can. You can post pics on this forum without having your pictures hosted. You just need to have the photos on your computer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to thank everyone for their replies. I think I`m going to give applying everything with the PC a shot ( that`s what I paid the $ for ) and let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks again :up

Post Thanks / Like

<strong class=`bbc`>First off, I`d like to thank you all for your answers and advise, and I must agree, the shine on that Jetta is breath taking... my car will hopefully come out that way I did try the search before my post and found a wealth of info:up ... what I`m trying to do now is get your opinions on whether I should go carnuba, or use something synthetic ( AIO, IHG, etc. ). I will then focus my attention on the search utility as I`m sure this has been beaten to death but I`m new so I hope you guys understand. Thanks again!!! [/b]</blockquote>
    In a nutshell, you might want to consider going the route of both. The main thing you are going to be more concerned with is durability because of the dust kicked up by the road construction on Lake Shore Drive, wacker, or any construction, any industrial fallout, or the copious amounts of salt that Streets and Sanitation loves to drop when it snows.

But the key thing, as one poster said, is the amount of paint preparation. When I first Klassed the Maxima, this was my plan of attack:

a) Wash car with Dawn to remove any Carnuba wax
    b) Clay car with Mother`s Clay bar to remove any contaminants from driving through construction zones on 127th, I-294, and Mannheim Road.
    c) Use 3M SMR to reduce swirls. However, if the swirls are deep enough, you might have to use FI II, then SMR.
    d) Applied Klasse AIO 2x
    e) Applied Klasse SG 2x (Gave Klasse enough curing time)

I just put some Pinnacle Souveran on top of the Klasse and it really added a level of depth. Many people put One Grand Blitz, Meguiar`s #26, Pinnacle PPCL, or even P21s.

If you need a hand, let me know since we are in the same city.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Prinz... I`ll let you know if I need anything, and thanks for the advice.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, you might want to Dawn wash just before AIO. Oil deposits left by clay, 3M or PPCL stuff may interfere. We don`t know this for sure but there have been recent reports of Klasse hazing and we want to eliminate this as a variable. Thanks for doing it for us too I also would like to point out that if you use a poor quality cotton or microfiber towel, you`re asking for trouble and use distilled water if you find SG difficult to remove.

As far as time scale goes, go for the wash prep, 2xAIO 1xSG on 1 day then the 1xSG on another day and 1xSG again and again on separate days (Buffing at least after 20 minutes after each coat). Reason being AIO used as a cleanser doesn`t need to be cured but the SG does 1 day apart.

This is my favorite of many variations of using Klasse depending on what your time time constraints and efforts.

Did I get it all in? happy detailing

Post Thanks / Like

<strong class=`bbc`>I`d like to thank everyone for their replies. I think I`m going to give applying everything with the PC a shot ( that`s what I paid the $ for ) and let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks again :up [/b]</blockquote>
    I don`t recommend putting the SG on with the PC. If you do use your PC for the SG you really have to make a concerted effort to put down very thin coats. With the SG you should be able to do a regular sized car with 2 oz or less.

I also usually prefer wiping products off by hand with a microfiber. You can also use the PC just be sure to change or flip the bonnets before they too gummed up with removed product.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>it seems to have more of a carnuba muted shine. Many people prefer this shine and the product seems to deliver as promised. If you want more of a reflective shine that mimicks custom paint, try out zaino. You might not be able to match the reflective properties of black, but you might come close. This vette is actually dark green..........take a look.
    [/b]</blockquote>
    What about Klasse AIO & SG? How does the shine compare to Zaino and BF? Personally, I prefer to have wet & deep shine of carnuba more than a custom paint lshine.

Kenneth

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m so glad I found this site... you guys are the best. If I decide to apply the SG by hand, is there a preferred method for application / removal? I`ve heard that you should never apply / remove in circles... to only use front to back motions. Is this true?

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    check your private messages OGG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information