Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tire detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    How often should i wax my new garage queen ? I was thinking something like every two months and i wash it every week.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    What product do you plan to use? It will depend on how you want it to look, environment, etc etc etc.

Your eyes and sense of feel will dictate when you apply...also your available detailing time as well....enjoy the world of clean cars.

Personally I apply my sealant of choice whenever the mood hits me.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are just planning on using products from an auto part store then your car should be waxed at least every 3 months to keep it looking fresh. If you use some of the finer products in life (like the ones you can get on www.properautocare.com ) then you could probably go longer. If you really love your car like I do then you probably won`t be able to resist waxing it more often than every 3 months.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by C240 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>How often should i wax my new garage queen ? I was thinking something like every two months and i wash it every week. [/b]</blockquote>
    If you spend a few months with us on this forum, you will no longer be asking "how often should I wax my garage queen". You will soon be asking the question, "How can I make time to slap on another coat of wax to my garage queen?" even when it`s got several coats already and doesn`t need another coat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Intermezzo330I how is the problem going with klasse will you continue using klasse? I was going to buy some klasse but have second thoughts about sealants
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by C240 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Intermezzo330I how is the problem going with klasse will you continue using klasse? I was going to buy some klasse but have second thoughts about sealants [/b]</blockquote>
    I am going to try to fix my Klasse problem using some of the techniques suggested by Maryland Bimmer, Don2000g & BillNorth. I haven`t had a chance to try it out, but I definitely will sometime this week. Many of the veterans of this forum have used it successfully for many years, so it`s probably related to my buffing procedure. If it works out, then I will probably continue using it. If the problems continue or even if the solutions work but seem like too much work, then I will switch products. I`ve got to give it at least one more shot, especially when you consider all the hours I put in applying multiple coats of AIO and SG on TWO cars! Plus, I`m very satisfied with the way it looks (except of course, when the hazing is visible!).

im still sticking with klasse, I think it was because I applied it in the cold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wax / Sealant as often as you like. When you think that your garage queen looks perfect walk away for a day or two and re-evaluate. After spending time with us your level of satisfaction or perfection will adjust to a higher level... which means more massaging of the finish. Time between coats is only relative to the level of gratification your finish projects to you. No harm will incur if you use proper technique and products with the exception maybe to your wallet.

Post Thanks / Like
    For a garage queen, you have the benefit of having many options. You can wax with a carnauba every 4, 6, or 8 weeks if you like. If you`re using a quality sealant like Klasse, Zaino, or Blackfire, you can very well get by with a coat every few months if you like. For best results with a carnauba, it would be a good idea to apply a coat every 4 to 6 weeks. Obviously, I`d prefer 4 weeks though. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    You can never "wax" too much. It is therapy, fun... graceful as you carve your fingers up and down the hood of your car.

But as far as how long each product will last before re-applying, typically every 5 weeks for carnauba and a synthetic should last about 5 months. Your conditions may vary though.

But who can ever resist the cheap therapy?

Post Thanks / Like
    I probably apply something every month at least. I am testing different products right now so I am always applying different products to different panels to compare the shine and durability.

At the least I would apply Carnuba every 3 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wax my own car every 6 weeks or so (Meguiars #26), and it is still beading when I wax it-and it is outdoors 100% of the time (no garage). Usually at about 8 weeks, the beads are getting large, so by waxing it every 6 weeks, I know I am safe. I also polish my car every other time I wax with Meguiars Hand Polish. I`ve had my car 6 years now, and it honestly shines more now that it did when I bought it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Question tire detailing

Hi every one I am new to the site. I was wondering if any one knew of a shield that will cover my 18" wheels when applying tire sprays. I hate to have to go back and clean my wheels again.

9-16-10, here`s an update to my question... I did some searching on line for "wheel shield" and found my own answer. I ordered a Zane Wheel Shield and I think it`s exactly what I`m looking for... When I get it I`ll give all of you another update....

9-20-10, well I got my wheel shield today and it`s perfect. It adjust for both of my cars, 17" & 18" wheels and it`s terrific. I can`t believe I never found it before this.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I don`t know of any but you could cut some out of cardboard. Just make thim about 1/8" large and they should stick right on the lip. Did you try googleing for them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TID.
    You could also just spray your tire dressing onto a foam applicator and wipe it on. This would help you control where the dressing goes.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information