Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m just curious: does anybody know the difference between the Meguair`s Gold Class Liquid Wax and the #26? The #26 is from the Mirror line (or whatever it`s called), but where does the Gold Class rank in the Meguair`s line up? Good stuff? Cheap stuff?
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars has tons of different waxes.

From the Mirror Glaze line,

#6 cleaner wax

#16 Paste wax

#20 Polymer sealant (ok not a wax, a sealant)

#26 Hi-tech Yellow Wax

The Gold Class wax is a consumer wax, its a cleaner wax. The Meguiars #26 wax is a non-cleaning carnauba wax that can be layered.

I don`t like the Gold Class wax very much, its like a cleaner wax and clouded the BMW finish because of its certain polymer.

I used to be a die-hard Meguiars #7/#26 user. It produced good results. I also layered the #26 on top of Klasse with sucess.

Blitz is better than #26 though, lasts much longer. I use Blitz and Souveran (oh I love this wax) now.

The #26 and Gold Class (both paste) sits in a box now. I will probably give the Gold Class to someone if they want it, #26 to soemone that knows a little bit about polishing the car (got the old tin, not the new plastic container.)

With proper prep, both waxes can ake a finish stand out.

I give the edge to the #26 (over the GC.)

but it depends on finish prep, the #26 has no cleaners so the surface must be in good condition. The Gold Class is a cleaner wax so it can be used on mildy oxidized finishes as a one step product.

I did manage to apply Meguiars Gold Class, wait a week, wash, then apply two coats of #26 with sucess. The black paint on that 93 mustang came out very nice. I did use #7 before the waxes to polish the paint though..........

Just my thoughts,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I give it up to Jason, very good post!

I just did a 3-4 step on my wife`s dark blue 4Runner and topped it off with Meguiar`s #26. It has a great shine and smooth texture. It was easy on and VERY easy off. I applied it with a Porter Cable D.A. polisher and MF`ed it off.

It`s been on for one week and we have had nasty rain. She drives through a construction zone and so the muddy water gets on the entire surface. I washed it yesterday with "Gold Class" shampoo and it`s still holding up very nice.

I will re-apply in two more weeks, that`s about all it will last.

My fav wax has to be "Blitz" for the long lasting deep shine it provides.

Wrap up: most Meguiar`s products outside of the "Mirror" line are for weekend warriors not fanatics or pros. You get what you pay for...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good answer to the original question. Now since you guys are here.

<strong class=`bbc`>Can you apply a paste wax like Blitz with the PC?[/b] I like using the PC to lay down wax but so far I`ve only used liquid waxes like #26 and 3M Showcar liquid.

btw I bet a guy could put together a tremendous amount of quality cleaning supplies just by following Autopians around and using their discarded or seldom used supplies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I just finished my dad`s black Mercedes E320. It`s pretty new (around six months old), but my old man doesn`t keep best care of it. I used the #7 and #26 with good results, but I noticed a lot of smudges that I normally don`t encounter. Final Inspection QD to the rescue, and it looked great. However, I`m not sure if it is the kind of paint or what, but the texture of the paint surface is very rough. It`s not nearly as smooth as my car, even after I waxed it. Maybe a clay bar is neccessary, but for now, the shine looks superb with the graceful contours on the hood of the E class.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Short Cut [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Good answer to the original question. Now since you guys are here.

<strong class=`bbc`>Can you apply a paste wax like Blitz with the PC?[/b] I like using the PC to lay down wax but so far I`ve only used liquid waxes like #26 and 3M Showcar liquid.

btw I bet a guy could put together a tremendous amount of quality cleaning supplies just by following Autopians around and using their discarded or seldom used supplies. [/b]</blockquote>
    There are many opinions about just this type of question: I`ll give you my take on this.

Blitz wax is very expensive in regards to other waxes on the market. I`ve applied Blitz with a Porter Cable D.A. polisher and here`s how I did it to not waste it.

I take a wooden "tongue depressor" to take out just a bit of product from the tin. Then I spread it around the buffing pad and proceed to wax just one section at a time (like a door, or quarter panel) I work my way around the entire car/truck just like that. I also check to see if I can reduce the amount I use for each panel or section thereafter to further reduce waste of the product. It works well for me.

It`s all a matter of "Ying and Yang"

Post Thanks / Like
    I always thought Meguiar`s Gold Class was a pure wax with no cleaners? Guess I was wrong.

Carguy is a big fan of this product.

I do know that it has a high polymer content (like Pinnacle Paste Glaze) and so it`s very glossy, but lasts about half as long as #26.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I missed that thread. Great info. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Blitz/#26 the same as jazzyjack described except I have a 1" putty knife to spread the wax on the pad..works great!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I still love to wax by hand. I just dont see myself using the PC to apply paste waxes, liquid waxes (which i dont use often) may save time when applied with the PC.

If you want to get into a new high of waxing, try Pinnacle Souveran. ohhh boy does this wax kick butt. You`ll look foward to waxing with Souveran. It smells good and is very easy to apply and remove.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jason, so you really like Pinnacle Souveran. I`m glad that "someone" helped convince you to give it a try. Good for you to listen to a "wise man." Hehe! Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, almost forgot who turned me onto a $70 can of wax and shunned the $18 a bottle car wash.....haha no problems there. A good car wash is still a car wash, objective is to clean/not remove wax/ not produce swirls/ lube, maybe with a little bit of user friendly smells and lube.

Then comes waxing, designed to protect and produce depth/luster, boy does souveran blow other carnauba waxes away in ease of application and results. No drying time, goes on and comes off like a hot knife going through butter.

Thanks again Don,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Souveran is awesome! Finally bit the bullet a while back and bought it myself. Ease of application is unsurpassed and the depth in shine is outstanding. :up

Certainly would not recommend it for a daily driver due to expense and durability, but for the garage queen it has been amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by arcticwhite [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Souveran is awesome! Finally bit the bullet a while back and bought it myself. Ease of application is unsurpassed and the depth in shine is outstanding. :up

Certainly would not recommend it for a daily driver due to expense and durability, but for the garage queen it has been amazing. [/b]</blockquote>
    I ditto the sentiments on Souveran. For , I decided to have the Maxima waxed with it and it turned out nicely. In fact, it`s still holding up nicely and I drive this car daily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information