Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    My DAd just droped this off!> He had heard me talking about a Air powerd buffer? Still thinking about it? I will use this a ton to blow out all the water out of the cracks and mirrors!
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice!

but it needs some Zaino luvin

(don`t forget to dress the wheels as well )
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Too cool! Trust me, once you have H.P. air, you can`t live without it. Just wait until you get you first pneumatic nailer, grinder or air chisle. You`ll be doing the "Tim Taylor".... Oh, oh, oh!

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice compressor, however make sure it has enough capacity to run a buffer b4 you shell out the bucks for a buffer, Look for the rating, it`ll be like 9 CFM @ 90 PSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky ```````!

Post Thanks / Like
    What Intermezzo said!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Terrific gift, will you be able to resist detailing it? And, I like the matching paint schemes.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by James A [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Terrific gift, will you be able to resist detailing it? And, I like the matching paint schemes. [/b]</blockquote>

You know its funny you say that, I want everything in the garage to be red or Black to match the carsHAhahhaahhaha
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like

Best protectant for a tonneau cover

I bought a roll up tonneau cover for my pickup. What is the best cleaner/protectant for the cover? It seems to attract dust like a magnet and makes the truck look dirty.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 70RagTop View Post
    I bought a roll up tonneau cover for my pickup. What is the best cleaner/protectant for the cover? It seems to attract dust like a magnet and makes the truck look dirty.

Thanks
    The cleaner the tonneau the more they seem to collect dust. Like vans and station wagons, the airflow off the rear of the truck sweeps forward depositing all the road crud on the back.

That said, I`ve used everything, 303, Black WOW, Back to Black, AG Bumper Care .. even crappy old Armor All and I was never pleased. Either the product went on greasy and attracted even more crud, it streaked down the sides in the rain, it left a garish shine that I didn`t like or it washed away quickly. For years I settled for the `merely clean` look.

I recently stumbled upon a couple of products that work well for me. PAC doesn`t sell Ultima products, but they should. IME, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is the best product of it`s kind for use on tonneau covers. It goes on clean using minimal product, buffs off to a matte finish if you prefer, doesn`t attract crud and thus far has lasted through numerous rain storms and about a half dozen washes. Water beads up and blows off leaving a clean finish without looking dressed. After seeing rave reviews with no negatives I finally bit the bullet... the stuff is kinda pricey at $42 retail for 16 oz. But a little goes a long way and it does exactly what I want it to so that makes it a keeper in my book. Works well on tires and trim as well although I have another product I prefer for tires that`s a ton cheaper.

The other product I just recently tried on some test trim is Meguiar`s Ultimate Protectant. It goes on a lot thinner and leaves just a bit more shine than I prefer. I`ve only done some bumper trim for comparison purposes and after a few weeks it`s still there after a few washes and rain storms with no streaking or running in the rain. Haven`t tried it on the tonneau as I`m real pleased with the UTTGP so I probably won`t be switching.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently did cover, bumpers, and cladding (all vinyl) in 303. First rain, it ran like a cheap suit. What did I do wrong, or is there a better product, especially for the cladding?

Post Thanks / Like
    well i don`t exactly know the solution to that, especially with the magnet-like attraction of dust but i did find these ww dot stylintrucks dot com truck covers online and i think they are pretty alright.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best protectant for a tonneau cover-white-autopia.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of roll up cover? Is it vinyl? Is it plastic? Is it metal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best protectant for a tonneau cover-nice-toyota-supra.jpg  
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m right there with TL! UTTG is in a class all its own. The Ultima line would be a welcome addition. I`m a huge fan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    What kind of roll up cover? Is it vinyl? Is it plastic? Is it metal?
    It`s a Truxedo cover, vinyl. They recommend to not use silicon, petroleum, or citrus based products.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best protectant for a tonneau cover-meg_endurance1.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information